Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guruof track
    Unless we are looking for Lolo in the stands I doubt we see her running.
    I forgot about that. ops:

And its a good thing for the rest of the competitors.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

2 rounds, still 2 CDN'S and an Aussie!

100 Metres HurdlesOfficial Results - Women - 100 Metres Hurdles - Final - Wind : +0.9 m/s Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
      1 Priscilla Lopes-Schliep CAN 12.51 20
      2 LoLo Jones USA 12.52 16
      3 Brigitte Foster-Hylton JAM 12.57 14
      4 Sally McLellan AUS 12.64 12
      5 Perdita Felicien CAN 12.65 10
      6 Tiffany Ofili USA 12.82 8
      7 Anay Tejeda CUB 12.96 6
      8 Virginia Powell USA 13.12 4

Official Results - Women - 100 Metres Hurdles - Heat 1 - Wind : +1.8 m/s Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
      1 Perdita Felicien CAN 12.54
      2 Brigitte Foster-Hylton JAM 12.59
      3 Sally McLellan AUS 12.80
      4 Anay Tejeda CUB 12.85
      5 Yvette Lewis USA 12.90
      6 Lacena Golding-Clarke JAM 12.93
      7 Christina Vukicevic NOR 13.00

Official Results - Women - 100 Metres Hurdles - Heat 2 - Wind : +1.3 m/s Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
      1 Priscilla Lopes-Schliep CAN 12.53
      2 Virginia Powell USA 12.64
      3 LoLo Jones USA 12.68
      4 Tiffany Ofili USA 12.77
      5 Danielle Carruthers USA 13.02
      6 Derval O'Rourke IRL 13.12
      7 Anastasiya Soloveva RUS 13.22
      8 Aleksandra Antonova RUS 13.28
      Home | News | Timetable/Results | Athletes | Video/Audio | History | Community

Anyone have vid of the heats as well? I missed it today!

Comment

Excluding Jones who's not going to Berlin, we now have 7 athletes with SBs between 12.50 and 12.60. Any one of them could be the world champion.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I still think Harper will win in Berlin, but really there are 5 or 6 that can win and we will not have Lolo and Kallur (as far I know) in Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
            Excluding Jones who's not going to Berlin, we now have 7 athletes with SBs between 12.50 and 12.60. Any one of them could be the world champion.
            Of course they could be, but they'll only be one, now who will that be?

I'm going with Dawn.
            on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Of course they could be, but they'll only be one, now who will that be?

I'm going with Dawn.
              As a damn proud Canadian, I have to go with Dawn also...
              It would be good to see Lolo on the start line as well. It's always good to see Lolo ... :wink:

Comment

i wouldn't count out Ginnie Powell after her 12.64 in the heat
                she was going very well in the final too before hitting that hurdle, i think she would've gone under 12.60 for sure

and there's also defending champion Michelle Perry

so, actually we have 9 world class hurdlers fighting for 8 spots in the final :shock:

Comment

I was about to say, I'm not forgetting about Perry at ALL...she did the same in '07 IMO, and she is the best at leaning at the line at whatever cost to win!

Comment

Originally posted by gm33
                    i wouldn't count out Ginnie Powell after her 12.64 in the heat
                    she was going very well in the final too before hitting that hurdle, i think she would've gone under 12.60 for sure

and there's also defending champion Michelle Perry

so, actually we have 9 world class hurdlers fighting for 8 spots in the final :shock:
                    Love it. That's why I watch track.

Dream come true knowing you will have 8 competitors in the final with the ability to bring home gold. That's what WORLD-CLASS competition is all about!

Comment

So who was it who questioned how poster "mojo" was qualified to call the final a potential crap-shoot? Good luck trying to pick a winner.
                      Fire Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by 3
                        So who was it who questioned how poster "mojo" was qualified to call the final a potential crap-shoot? Good luck trying to pick a winner.
                        You got that wrong, I never questioned any qualifications, mojo said in the context...he was picking Sally and I simply asked, how did you come to that conclusion.
                        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by 3
                          You got that wrong, I never questioned any qualifications, mojo said in the context...he was picking Sally and I simply asked, how did you come to that conclusion.
                          Mojo is a she, and is extremely well qualified to comment on the Hurdles.
                          Some of the comments that followed her post, as I recall, were just being playful about her "crap-spoot", which we all realized was just a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
                            Originally posted by 3
                            Mojo is a she, and is extremely well qualified to comment on the Hurdles.
                            Some of the comments that followed her post, as I recall, were just being playful about her "crap-spoot", which we all realized was just a typo.
                            My bad on the he, I didn't know. Again let me state, it's not about questioning any qualifications. :wink:
                            on the road

Comment

Let me rephrase this for clarity: *this event is a crap shoot* was what "mojo" wrote. The crap-shoot comment from "mojo" preceded the McClellan pick. You questioned how she derived that crap-shoot conclusion, which isn't to ask how she was qualified, but did question her reasoning skills.

Nevertheless, you've made it clear you've not questioned the capacity of "mojo" to have the aptitude to reason that the door is wide open for any number of women to win.
                              Fire Impossible.

Comment

you need qualifications to post here? heck, i have none and it never stopped me from saying something. and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

i understand why mojo said it's a "crap snoot", and i think it's because there's not one athlete that is dominating over the others, they way liu xiang was for while, and dayron robles is now. the top women are not showing tremendous dominance, and there's also some inconsistency among them that makes it really hard to predict a winner. i mean, one day someone puts on a great race, and the next day, they hit a hurdle and finish 6th (e.g. powell). but why do you people think 8 or 9 women can win this thing in berlin? i think it's more like 5: mclellan, harper, lopes, foster-hylton and perry.

Comment

Working...
                                X