Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 Stockholm w400 Shericka Williams: 50.64

This is what I have been waiting for.....

Startlist
    W 400m Int - A-final
    WR: 47.60 SR: 49.70
    Marita Koch (1985) Allyson Felix (2007)
    Lane Bib Name Born Nat Club
    1 273 Aliann Pompey 78 GUY
    2 288 Natasha Hastings 86 USA
    3 271 Shericka Williams 85 JAM
    4 290 Antonina Krivoshapka 87 RUS
    5 285 Novlene Williams-Mills 82 JAM
    6 268 Monica Hargrove 82 USA
    7 270 Yulia Gushchina 83 RUS
    8 284 Shereefa Lloyd 82 JAM

50.63 Shericka Williams!

Comment

Antonina Krivoshapka was second and Monica Hargrove was third

Comment

W 400m Int - A-final
        WR: 47.60 SR: 49.70
        Marita Koch (1985) Allyson Felix (2007)
        Rank Bib Name Nat Born Time
        1 271 Shericka Williams JAM 85 50.63
        2 290 Antonina Krivoshapka RUS 87 50.80
        3 268 Monica Hargrove USA 82 51.01
        4 285 Novlene Williams-Mills JAM 82 51.15
        5 288 Natasha Hastings USA 86 51.49
        6 273 Aliann Pompey GUY 78 51.49
        7 270 Yulia Gushchina RUS 83 51.55
        8 284 Shereefa Lloyd JAM 82 51.79

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
          W 400m Int - A-final

Rank Bib Name Nat Born Time

2 290 Antonina Krivoshapka RUS 87 50.80
          Big change from the Russian Champs, wind or no wind.

Comment

Shericka the late closer.

In all honesty I was disappointed with Krivoshapka. I thought for sure she would be under 50.00.

Berlin will be all about Sanya.

(Speedfirst I still like the Russians in the 4x400 though)

Comment

Russian ALWAYS run fast at their championships. I've said that once before. I don't know why the results surprise anyone.

They may have a short track. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil

In all honesty I was disappointed with Krivoshapka. I thought for sure she would be under 50.00.

Like I said when T&F LA annointed AK the favorite in Berlin...

Dipping below 50 is one thing.

But doing it consistently...is another.
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

I didn't see much different from Krivoshapka that hasn't been shown from other Russian women in this event. On the other hand, I questioned the significance of running in a reasonably high adrenalin race within a week of those race progressions from their nationals.

Perhaps a tapered block complete with regenerative qualities will show more of what might be. Williams, on the other hand, must be quite content with how her season has gone to-date - including her impressive 200m race in Lausanne.

Comment

I was too, but she looked tired tonight. I guess this race came a bit too soon after running the rounds at the nationals. I still expect her to be a contender for the win in Berlin.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Like em for what, 3rd or 2nd?....
                      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                        I was too, but she looked tired tonight. I guess this race came a bit too soon after running the rounds at the nationals. I still expect her to be a contender for the win in Berlin.
                        But this might imply that she will not be so stellar for the 4x400.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                          Russian ALWAYS run fast at their championships. I've said that once before. I don't know why the results surprise anyone.

I mean. Pot.Kettle.Black...... :?:
                          How long did it take the Americans to show their nationals form in Europe....I'm still waiting on Muna Lee to do anything near the 10'7 she threw up in Eugene. Clement, Angelo Taylor...same story. Even Jeter is only getting it together now.

Same last year, Edwards with her 10'7 etc.

Not that I have any affinity towards Krivoshapka, but she did place second, she HAS only come off the back of some super fast times....AND the Russian 400m gals ran PB's and SB's in the Osaka and Beijing final. SO I for one am not writing her off just yet. If you want to go ahead, but with the same logic you write off gals like Muna Lee. DANGEROUS.

Worth noting that Shericka Williams was well outside her season's best too, not to mention Novlene. Infact, the latter is a good scalp.

Comment

Originally posted by 3a

I mean. Pot.Kettle.Black...... :?:
                            How long did it take the Americans to show their nationals form in Europe....I'm still aiting on Muna Lee to do anything near the 10'7 she threw up in Eugene.

Same last year, Edwards with her 10'7 etc.

Not that I have any affinity towards Krivoshapka, but she did place second, she HAS only come off the back of some super fast times....AND the Russian 400m gals ran PB's and SB's in the Osaka and Beijing final. SO I for one am not writing her off just yet. If you want to go ahead, but ith the same logic you write off gals like Muna Lee. DANGEROUS.
                            Muna ran 21.9w at US nationals, she ran 22flat at the Olympic games. Dix ran 9.9x at US nationals and ran 9.9x at the Olympic games. AF ran 21.8w at the US Champs and 21.8 at the games. Lashawn ran 44low at US Champs and 43.75 at the games.

I can give you more times from US Nationals last year that were backed up at the games. Now you care to tell me how ALL those sub 1:58ers at the Russian champs did.......or the slew of women they have run 49 EVERY year at their champs?? Only to never run close to that at Championship time.

Comment

Now you care to tell me how ALL those sub 1:58ers at the Russian champs did.......or the slew of women they have run 49 EVERY year at their champs??
                              What 'slew'? Last year no Russian ran sub-50 anywhere. Of their 400 runners who competed in Beijing, two set SBs, one was 0.01 off (but of course about 15 different people have told you that by now, so why do I even bother to repeat it...). In 2007, there was only one sub-50 run by a Russian and that was at the World Champs.
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X