X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mump boy
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    I did an online search this morning and couldn't find the race........ wondering if anybody has an online video of this monumental fail.
    i've got it on tape and one day when i have a couple of months spare i'm to to transfer them all to dvd don't hold your breathe

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    I did an online search this morning and couldn't find the race........ wondering if anybody has an online video of this monumental fail.

Leave a comment:

• wineturtle
    replied
    Originally posted by BisonHurdler

It was. I have it on tape somewhere in my huge pile of VHS tapes of track meets.
    40 days and 40 nights straight would not be enough for my collection ...notebook w/masterlist of meets & tapeposition of notable performances missing since 2 :? :? 8

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    It appears to have been the first round heats of the 4x100 in Edmonton. Williams was running the third leg for JAM and the long jump final was going on at exactly the same time, with Beckford in it. JAM finished last in their heat.

Leave a comment:

• cladthin
    replied
    Originally posted by cacique
    i have a vague recollection of this ... was this at a WChmps, not the olympics?
    I think it was at the 2001 Worlds in Edmonton.

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    i don't think it was 50% but it was high. something like 3 teams in one semi didn't finish?

i noticed that it seems to be a trend lately, not just in beijing, but more recent WChamps, euro champs and other big competitions (compared to years ago). maybe batons are made of new material that is more slippery?

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    I can't remember any meet where the 4X1 passing was as bad as in Beijing. IIRC, 50% of the teams were either disqualified or didn't finish in either the heats or finals. It was absolutely apalling!
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    i have a vague recollection of this ... was this at a WChmps, not the olympics?

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    Originally posted by The Atheist
    Originally posted by Flumpy
    It was Christopher Williams. He was watching James Beckford in the LJ and didn't seem to realise the relay had started until his team mate ran in the back of him.:lol:
    WOW

I'm not a very reliable person in general, but, I don't think even I could mess up THAT badly. Lol, that sounds truly horrific. Was this caught on camera, cuz I would probably almost be willing to PAY to get to watch a fail of such epic proportions. I keep trying to picture the facial expressions of everyone involved while it was happening, and I laugh even just thinking about it. Lololol

It was. I have it on tape somewhere in my huge pile of VHS tapes of track meets.

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Flumpy
    It was Christopher Williams. He was watching James Beckford in the LJ and didn't seem to realise the relay had started until his team mate ran in the back of him.:lol:
    WOW

I'm not a very reliable person in general, but, I don't think even I could mess up THAT badly. Lol, that sounds truly horrific. Was this caught on camera, cuz I would probably almost be willing to PAY to get to watch a fail of such epic proportions. I keep trying to picture the facial expressions of everyone involved while it was happening, and I laugh even just thinking about it. Lololol

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Yes, but on a per capita basis . . . .
    Jamaica! :twisted:

Actually, my favourite was not even a dropped baton but when the third leg Jamaican was chatting to his long jumper mate on the side line. By the time he realised the race was underway it was too late. It was horrible and I would not have liked to have been that guy. Anyone remember who it was?

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Mel Watman had an article in AW last year about dropped batons and I think the USA were the worst offenders but the UK were third or fourth, IIRC.
    Yes, but on a per capita basis . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    [quote=Speedfirst]
    Originally posted by mump boy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by "mump boy":27n8qp0m
    in uk we think we have a lamentable history in dropping the baton and in my head the US are just as bad if not worse. do i only notice these countries as one is always the favourite and i'm from uk, or do we have a worse record than most.

does anyone have stats on who actually gets the baton round and who are the butterfingers ??

Yeah but the U.S. still has more victories than any country.
    No !!
    No to what?[/quote:27n8qp0m]

He was being sarcastic and pointing out that your were stating the obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    [quote=mump boy]
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by "mump boy":2aaboroi
    in uk we think we have a lamentable history in dropping the baton and in my head the US are just as bad if not worse. do i only notice these countries as one is always the favourite and i'm from uk, or do we have a worse record than most.

does anyone have stats on who actually gets the baton round and who are the butterfingers ??

Yeah but the U.S. still has more victories than any country.
    No !![/quote:2aaboroi]

No to what?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X