Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

robin reynolds 52.60 in heats of junior olympics.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Re: robin reynolds 52.60 in heats of junior olympics.

Originally posted by doug091463
    freshmen (who will be a sophomore in high school in september) ran a 52.60 in her heat of the 400, reynolds also went 11.66 in a 100 heat and long jumped 19 feet 6.25 inches with a 3.6 wind.
    I've met and spoke with Robin when she was in 8th grade and I was able to watch her compete in a couple of meets. Not only is she very friendly, but she was as impressive as any young runner I have ever seen. At the Flrunners.com Florida state middle school championships meet (where some of the best young talent in the entire nation run) she went up against thh best middle school aged runners in the state and won the 100 (under 12 secs),200(under 25 secs),400 (about 55secs)and 800m (about 2:20.00)races all of which happened on the same day.

She is a fantastic talent and she could very well end up being the next dominant American female track star.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by vip
    Somebody mentioned Char Foster, who I think was a youth hurdler from the Tampa area. Whatever happened to her? And why does she compare unfavorably to Sanya Richards?
    My team had to go against her in the State Finals and she won the meet all by herself. The dad/coach was HIGHLY intense and I could see burn-out all over her as they went from event to event. I thought she went to S Car, but never heard from her again.

Leave a comment:

• vip
    replied
    Somebody mentioned Char Foster, who I think was a youth hurdler from the Tampa area. Whatever happened to her? And why does she compare unfavorably to Sanya Richards?

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    What on EARTH are they feeding these kdis???? :shock:

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Yowza!
    Reynolds -- 52.15 in the final... and she was pushed!

Leave a comment:

• RQ
    replied
    200 Meter Dash Midget Boys
    ================================================== ===================
    Nat'l Youth: N 23.74 7/28/2007 Xavier Jones, 13 Blazers
    JO Meet: J 23.74 7/28/2007 Xavier Jones, 13 Blazers
    Name Year Team Finals Wind
    Finals
    1 Love, Bryce 16 Carolina Elit 23.37J -0.7
    2 Truvillion, Reshod 26-Texas Torch 24.27 -0.7

Kid is having a great meet!!

Leave a comment:

• RQ
    replied
    200 Meter Dash Youth Girls
    Nat'l Youth: N 23.81 8/2/2003 Bianca Knight, English Gardner, Mi
    JO Meet: J 23.63 7/31/1999 Sanya Richards, Pembrooke Pines, F
    Name Year Team Finals Wind
    Finals
    1 Baisden, Kendall 05-19 Motor City TC 23.69N -0.7

Another stud on the horizon

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    Originally posted by RQ
    Geez, just think if she stopped and just did one event for a meet.
    Seems I remember there was a USATF JO or Youth meet last year or the year before, where she was doing her 4 events, and recall seeing one result that was REALLY off form, leading me to believe she had become injured or something similar. But the thing was, she still did 2 or 3 more events after that, all way off form - which led me to believe she was being pushed through a bad situation.

Obviously, I don't know for sure, but it didn't look good.

That said, it's pretty impressive how she's done all year. Seems like she didn't improve from 07 to 08 much, but has really done well this year. Maybe has grown into her body? I don't know, but certainly wish the best for her ... like the other poster said, hope for a Sanya story and not a Char story.

Leave a comment:

• RQ
    replied
    Originally posted by guru
    Originally posted by steveu
    Reynolds' 52.60 broke her PR by half a second ... set 2 years ago!!! Yes, she ran 53.10 in the summer after her 7th-grade year! I hope she'll keep improving. It's awfully tough at this level.
    Unfortunately, there's alot more Char Foster stories than Sanya Richards when it comes to teen girl über-studs. It will be interesting to see which Reynolds pans out to be - she's certainly very special so far.
    Geez, just think if she stopped and just did one event for a meet.

Prior to the 400m(scheduled at 12:30, though there are a lot of age groups), she did the 100m prelims(11.66) and the LJ(19-06.25)

She gets a 'rest' today running only the 200m final I believe.

Then Sunday, 100m and 400m final.

Oh and I read that she wants to go to UF.

Leave a comment:

• RQ
    replied
    Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
    Dade Co.'s got some fassstttt dudes.. Dedric Dukes and now this girl.. dang..

And what age group is midgets?
    Bantam born 1999 and later
    Midget born 1997-1998
    Youth born 1995-1996
    Intermediate born 1993-1994
    Young Men/Women born 1991-1992*

Leave a comment:

• norcal
    replied
    USATF Midegt Classification

For the current year, anyone 11 or 12 years old. Bryce Love is 11 I believe. 51.76 400M at 11 is ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• Taliban
    replied
    Originally posted by guru
    Reynolds' 52.60 broke her PR by half a second ... set 2 years ago!!! Yes, she ran 53.10 in the summer after her 7th-grade year! I hope she'll keep improving. It's awfully tough at this level.
    Unfortunately, there's alot more Char Foster stories than Sanya Richards when it comes to teen girl über-studs. It will be interesting to see which Reynolds pans out to be - she's certainly very special so far.
    Funny how she is from Florida also.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Andy4
    replied
    Re: robin reynolds 52.60 in heats of junior olympics.

Originally posted by doug091463
    freshmen (who will be a sophomore in high school in september) ran a 52.60 in her heat of the 400, reynolds also went 11.66 in a 100 heat and long jumped 19 feet 6.25 inches with a 3.6 wind.
    Wow, just a sophomore!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X