Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knite
    replied
    People are REAL generous in this thread with some of their predictions...

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    [quote=trackfan22]
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by "t_monk":ljpqmuh4
    Sorry TD, I must say.... this... is..... delusional.

As for Kerron, I think she is fine, just getting herself together to battle for gold come Berlin and its going to be a two way battle between SAF and Kerron. The thing I got mostly from Kerron in that 200m was the fact that she seemed relatively easy all the way through the race, she could definitely have run faster if she pushed it. As for SAF.... everyone better hope she doesn't get a good start because if thats the case she won't only win, she will DESTROY! VCB... I will admit I am a bit concerned, but not very, she has the speed clearly, she just needs to get sharper. In that 100 m earlier this week she ran 11.0x and was not even pushing it as per her normal self. She is the only one am worried about in terms of my sweep and I will say with the real Felix FINALLY showing up her gold in the 200 is in danger.

Asafa.... I am not going to get into that one.... I believe that he is doing something different this season which will only be revealed come WC. He at least has bronze wrapped up if his head is right.

Tyson.... No offense to Tyson.... but he ain't beating Bolt in a single event in a major championship ever again unless Bolt is injured. Full stop. No question. Game OVER!
    frontrunner is more delusional than I am. :lol:
    :lol: am smoking the same stuff, because am leaning to believe asafa gets silver at the very least
    hmm looks like im in the same boat.. asafa is walking away with the very least a silver ...[/quote:ljpqmuh4]

We're all crazy. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• freddykruger77
    replied
    Men
    100 - Gold
    200 - Gold
    400H - Bronze
    4*100 - Silver

Women
    100 - Gold/Silver
    200 - Silver
    400 - Silver
    400H - Silver
    4*100 - Gold

4 Gold 5 Silver 1 Bronze

Leave a comment:

• trackfan22
    replied
    [quote=t_monk]
    Originally posted by "t_monk":2yc2885i

As for Kerron, I think she is fine, just getting herself together to battle for gold come Berlin and its going to be a two way battle between SAF and Kerron. The thing I got mostly from Kerron in that 200m was the fact that she seemed relatively easy all the way through the race, she could definitely have run faster if she pushed it. As for SAF.... everyone better hope she doesn't get a good start because if thats the case she won't only win, she will DESTROY! VCB... I will admit I am a bit concerned, but not very, she has the speed clearly, she just needs to get sharper. In that 100 m earlier this week she ran 11.0x and was not even pushing it as per her normal self. She is the only one am worried about in terms of my sweep and I will say with the real Felix FINALLY showing up her gold in the 200 is in danger.

Asafa.... I am not going to get into that one.... I believe that he is doing something different this season which will only be revealed come WC. He at least has bronze wrapped up if his head is right.

Tyson.... No offense to Tyson.... but he ain't beating Bolt in a single event in a major championship ever again unless Bolt is injured. Full stop. No question. Game OVER!
    :lol: am smoking the same stuff, because am leaning to believe asafa gets silver at the very least [/quote:2yc2885i]

hmm looks like im in the same boat.. asafa is walking away with the very least a silver ...

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

:lol: am smoking the same stuff, because am leaning to believe asafa gets silver at the very least

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil

Men

[b]100m - 2 medals with gold am sure, not sure the color of the second medal[b]
    200m - Gold, without question
    4x100m - Gold, without question
    110mH - 1 medal, outside Robles mostly everyone is equal, I like Dwight's chances.
    400 mH - 1 medal, too hard to pick what type, but this is VERY possible
    Remember Blake isn't running in the 100m. And Powell is not getting a medal.

As for the 400mH, you are right. I totally forgot about the season Isa Phillips is having, Heck Danny McFarlane should be in the final too. Isa could end up in Bronze or even Silver. I don't see him beating Clement (nothing against Bershawn, but I think Clement will win it.)
    Am not giving up on Asafa just yet, I am going to go be like the captain on the titanic, damn it!

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    [quote=TrackDaddy]
    Originally posted by rudeboy
    Originally posted by trackfan22
    Originally posted by Moura
    Originally posted by "Moura":qypoi98a
    I don´t think Jamaica will sweep 100m female.
    We might sweep and we might not. I think that we will get two medals. It could be gold/silver or gold/bronze.
    By now my pick would be Fraser/Jeter/Brown. I think Kerron is facing problems and I am afraid she won´t be at her best in Berlin. We can not forget Williams ussually peaks in majors and bahamian girls are running at her best (with their experience, it is not impossible to medal).
    actually i wouldnt count out kerron just yet.. she is also capable of peaking .. for the championships...
    I am concerned about Kerron. I think she peaked before Beijing and I am afraid that she might have done the same before Berlin. I hope I am wrong. Her coach needs to learn from his mistakes.
    I asked that question in another thread.

I'm glad you asked it too.

Seeing that you're Jamaican and all.

Does VCB, SAF and Asafa look a little fragile too?

What do you think about they're timing in regard to peak performance?

Here's a prediction....

TYSON WILL GET OUT on BOLT and BEAT HIM in the 100 meters.

Bolt won't be able to find the gear to reel Tyson in in time.

Write that down.

Did you see Tyson's start against Asafa?

I might have a similar prediction about the 200.

Let me think about it some more.[/quote:qypoi98a]

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Men

100m - 2 medals with gold am sure, not sure the color of the second medal
    110mH - 1 medal, outside Robles mostly everyone is equal, I like Dwight's chances.
    Remember Blake isn't running in the 100m. And Powell is not getting a medal.

As for the 400mH, you are right. I totally forgot about the season Isa Phillips is having, Heck Danny McFarlane should be in the final too. Isa could end up in Bronze or even Silver. I don't see him beating Clement (nothing against Bershawn, but I think Clement will win it.)

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by trackfan22
    We have three people who can take Brook's place. You have A. Bailey, S. Facey and I think they just called up Samantha Henry. The 4 x 100m will be competitive, but with VCB, SAF and Kerron Stewart, we should be fine.
    hmm id give it to aileen.. and simone facey can concentrate on her 200..
    I hope Aileen can get back to her 11.0x form, the 4x100 is getting closer than I want it to be

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Women

100m - Gold Silver Bronze (sweep.... sweep.... sweep... if not at least two medals)
    200m - 1 medal (at this point... I don't know... I am leaning to silver, hoping for gold)
    400m - 1 medal (wow.... another hard one, we are getting a medal... just which?)
    4x100m - Gold
    4x400m - 1 medal (am seeing bronze)
    100mH - 1 medal Foster-Hylton looks good!
    400mH - 1 medal (I don't think Demus is unstoppable, and I actually think Melanie can pull it together to beat her)

Men

100m - 2 medals with gold am sure, not sure the color of the second medal

Leave a comment:

• trackfan22
    replied
    We have three people who can take Brook's place. You have A. Bailey, S. Facey and I think they just called up Samantha Henry. The 4 x 100m will be competitive, but with VCB, SAF and Kerron Stewart, we should be fine.
    hmm id give it to aileen.. and simone facey can concentrate on her 200..

Leave a comment:

• rudeboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trackfan22
    replied
    damn blake not running is a huge blow.. it makes the 4x100 competitive now..hmm who will take brooks place instead ?

Leave a comment:

• trackfan22
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    Ok, here goes. Jamaica winning 15 medals in Berlin.

Women's

100m- Gold, Silver and Bronze
    200m- Gold
    100mH- Silver or Bronze
    400m- Gold (I'm going for the upset.)
    400mH- Gold (She will get that drive back, and goes out all guns blazing.)
    4x100m - Gold ( Once the batton is around, it's all over.)
    4x400m -Gold (I'm going for the upset again. Why not use M. Walker?)

Men's

100m- Gold and Silver
    200m -Gold
    400mH - Gold or Silver
    4x100m- Gold (Like the females, once the batton is around, it's all over.)
    4x400m- Gold or Silver or Bronze (Another upset is in the making..we might just see the GREAT Usain Bolt in the mix.)

Reach for the STARS, and you might just fall on CLOUD 9

JA could get a surprise medal(s), in the field events also.

This is shaping up to be one of the best performances by a Jamaican Track and Field team at the World Championships!!
    Is this what you think will happen or what your are hoping for will..lol i agree with you about melanie walker ..if she reproduces her best at the olympics shell take it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X