Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barringer 800m in GER before World Champs

http://www.steeplechics.com calls attention to a University of Colorado news release about USA steeple champ Jennifer Barringer to compete in an 800m race at Cottbus, presumably Internationales Lausitzer Leichtathletik-Meeting.

That's on August 8 -- seven days before Ms. Barringer runs in a steeplechase heat on the first day of 2009 World Championships in Berlin. Presumably she will remain in Germany between those races -- and maybe the week between her Stockholm 5000m and her Cottbus 800m.

Wanna start placing bets on whether she breaks 2:00?

The range that both she and Willard have shown this season is amazing.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
      Wanna start placing bets on whether she breaks 2:00?

The range that both she and Willard have shown this season is amazing.
      Depends on who is in the race. This is a small meeting, so unless there is someone to push/pull her, I doubt she'll run sub-2. Can't read German, so I don't know if there are start lists on the Cottbus meet site.

The UC article makes it sound like she's running these European races in order to break school records. :?

Comment

The University of Colorado is CU. A quirk of the Big 12.

While both Willard and Barringer have put up great marks in events beside the steeple, I am more impressed with Barringer as she has run well above and below her speciality. Willard's 5km PB is still 15:53, which of course is a liability in a strength event like the steeple (and indeed championship meets with rounds) and may indicate she was really an 800/1500 type all along.

Comment

Originally posted by K.I.R.
          she was really an 800/1500 type all along.
          The more races I see her run, the more I agree with this assessment.

Comment

Working...
          X