Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet/TV coverage of the World Champs(US)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet/TV coverage of the World Champs(US)

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it appears that www.universalsports.com will have live coverage of the World Championships from Berlin.
    This is the schedule as per their website

Sat, Aug 15 Day One - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Sat, Aug 15 Day One - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:35 AM ET

Sun, Aug 16 Day Two - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Sun, Aug 16 Day Two - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 12:05 PM ET

Mon, Aug 17 Day Three - Only Session at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Tue, Aug 18 Day Four - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Tue, Aug 18 Day Four - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Wed, Aug 19 Day Five - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Wed, Aug 19 Day Five - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 12:05 PM ET

Thu, Aug 20 Day Six - Session One at Berlin, Germany 3:55 AM ET

Thu, Aug 20 Day Six - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Fri, Aug 21 Day Seven - Session One (Race Walk 50km) at Berlin, 3:10 AM ET

Fri, Aug 21 Day Seven - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 10:55 AM ET

Sat, Aug 22 Day Eight - Session One (Men's Marathon) at Berlin, Germany 5:35 AM ET

Sat, Aug 22 Day Eight - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Sun, Aug 23 Day Nine - Session One (Women's Marathon) at Berlin, Germany 5:05 AM ET

Sun, Aug 23 Day Nine - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 9:35 AM ET

NBC and Versus will have TV coverage. NBC on the weekends and Versus during the week. Not sure if any of the TV coverage will be live.

August
    15—World Championships (1:00, NBC)
    (Versus 7:00, 11:00)
    16—World Championships (2:00, NBC)
    17—World Championships
    (Versus 09:00, 2:00, 8:00, 11:00)
    18—World Championships
    19—World Championships
    20—World Championships
    21—World Championships
    (Versus 09:00, 2:00, 9:00, 11:00)
    22—World Championships (1:00, NBC)
    (Versus 09:00, 8:00, 11:00)
    23—World Championships (2:00, NBC)
    (Versus 8:00, 11:00)
    Cows need love too

CBC.ca also has coverage if the Universal feed is poor.

Comment

If NBC's coverage of the olympics was an indication we are all probably best served watching it on Universal Sports. I plan on getting up early to watch it live.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
        If NBC's coverage of the olympics was an indication we are all probably best served watching it on Universal Sports. I plan on getting up early to watch it live.
        I will be right w/u there....and if it's jus us 2 then the feed can run smooth....lol

Comment

If NBC's coverage of the olympics was an indication we are all probably best served watching it on Universal Sports.
          Don't forget that NBC owns Universal Sports.

Comment

Universal currently blocks access

Universal currently blocks all access to their live coverage and race summaries if you are living outside of th US. I have noticed the live coverage being blocked for a month and race coverage for atleast a week now. If you wanna see the races you have to watch these on youtube.They are biased, they only show US athletes and only the Jamaican big namers.Thank God for justintv and channelsurf.
            Thank God I am living in Jamaica, where I can watch World Champs live on both stations. This goes to show that the internet is not really global, these large TV conglomerate still have the characteristics of imperliasm.
            Globalisation was a means of bring the world closer, I guess it is not being effective in the TV and media landscape.

Comment

Tammi.. you so right. It's outrageous how these greedy CEO's from around the globe put blocks on internet contents. If only we can find something to confuse their source computers when they check our id, to see where in the world we are located.

Thank god... for Peer to Peer web streaming. More likely.... there will be hundreds of feeds from around the world on Peer to Peer websites.

Which 2 stations are you talking about, JA? Will TVJ carry the World Champs live or tape? I just renew my subscription to TVJ for this main reason. Hoping to hear...some unbias commentating, and it will be good to see all the races/events that are taking place on a given day.

Comment

CVM also

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                Tammi.. you so right. It's outrageous how these greedy CEO's from around the globe put blocks on internet contents. If only we can find something to confuse their source computers when they check our id, to see where in the world we are located.

Thank god... for Peer to Peer web streaming. More likely.... there will be hundreds of feeds from around the world on Peer to Peer websites.

Which 2 stations are you talking about, JA? Will TVJ carry the World Champs live or tape? I just renew my subscription to TVJ for this main reason. Hoping to hear...some unbias commentating, and it will be good to see all the races/events that are taking place on a given day.
                CVM will also carry the WC live

Comment

Here is the CBC Live Streaming Online Daily Schedule.
                  Eastern Standard Time -5hrs- GMT All Live

Date Event Location Streaming
                  Saturday August 15 World Championships Berlin 3:55-8:30 ET LIVE
                  11:00-12:00 ET LIVE
                  12:05-15:30 ET LIVE
                  Sunday August 16 World Championships Berlin 3:55-7:30 ET LIVE
                  11:55-17:00 ET LIVE
                  Monday August 17 World Championships Berlin 11:45-16:00 ET LIVE
                  Tuesday August 18 World Championships Berlin 3:55-6:30 ET LIVE
                  11:35-15:30 ET LIVE
                  Wednesday August 19 World Championships Berlin 3:55-7:30 ET LIVE
                  11:55-16:00 ET LIVE
                  Thursday August 20 World Championships Berlin 3:55-10:00 ET LIVE
                  11:45-16:00 ET LIVE
                  Friday August 21 World Championships Berlin 3:00-7:00 ET LIVE
                  10:20-16:00 ET LIVE
                  Saturday August 22 World Championships Berlin 4:50-8:00 ET LIVE
                  11:35-15:30 ET LIVE
                  Sunday August 23 World Championships Berlin 4:50-11:15 ET LIVE
                  12:30-13:30 ET
                  16:00-17:00 ET
                  Friday August 28 Golden League Zurich 14:00-16:00 ET LIVE
                  Saturday August 29 Golden League Zurich 14:00-15:30 ET
                  STREAMING ON CBCSPORTS.CA

Comment

why aren't they showing it on universal sports tv channel? i don't have versus. i'll have to depend on NBC? that's a crap snoot.

Comment

Its gonna feel like forever before the 15th get's here..... :? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by sprintblox
                        If NBC's coverage of the olympics was an indication we are all probably best served watching it on Universal Sports.
                        Don't forget that NBC owns Universal Sports.
                        Yeah, but I'm sure NBC on cable will be done to maximize ratings (tape delay all the big races and ONLY show races with Americans). Universal Sports online will be live and I'm sure we will get to see all the rounds and all the races regardless of who's competing.

And yes, the 15th is taking forever to get here.

Comment

Re: Internet/TV coverage of the World Champs(US)

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                          Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it appears that www.universalsports.com will have live coverage of the World Championships from Berlin.
                          This is the schedule as per their website

Sat, Aug 15 Day One - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Sat, Aug 15 Day One - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:35 AM ET

Sun, Aug 16 Day Two - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Sun, Aug 16 Day Two - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 12:05 PM ET

Mon, Aug 17 Day Three - Only Session at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Tue, Aug 18 Day Four - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Tue, Aug 18 Day Four - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Wed, Aug 19 Day Five - Session One at Berlin, Germany 4:05 AM ET

Wed, Aug 19 Day Five - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 12:05 PM ET

Thu, Aug 20 Day Six - Session One at Berlin, Germany 3:55 AM ET

Thu, Aug 20 Day Six - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Fri, Aug 21 Day Seven - Session One (Race Walk 50km) at Berlin, 3:10 AM ET

Fri, Aug 21 Day Seven - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 10:55 AM ET

Sat, Aug 22 Day Eight - Session One (Men's Marathon) at Berlin, Germany 5:35 AM ET

Sat, Aug 22 Day Eight - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 11:45 AM ET

Sun, Aug 23 Day Nine - Session One (Women's Marathon) at Berlin, Germany 5:05 AM ET

Sun, Aug 23 Day Nine - Session Two at Berlin, Germany 9:35 AM ET

NBC and Versus will have TV coverage. NBC on the weekends and Versus during the week. Not sure if any of the TV coverage will be live.

August
                          15—World Championships (1:00, NBC)
                          16—World Championships (2:00, NBC)
                          17—World Championships
                          18—World Championships
                          19—World Championships
                          20—World Championships
                          21—World Championships
                          (Versus 09:00, 2:00, 9:00, 11:00)
                          22—World Championships (1:00, NBC)
                          (Versus 09:00, 8:00, 11:00)
                          23—World Championships (2:00, NBC)
                          (Versus 8:00, 11:00)
                          Compared to the shitty coverage WC have received in the past, isn't this the best coverage we have ever had for WC TF? Let me know if there was a better coverage. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
                            why aren't they showing it on universal sports tv channel? i don't have versus. i'll have to depend on NBC? that's a crap snoot.
                            My guess is, NBC chose Versus vs. Universal Sports, because Versus is available on more systems and is generally available as a part of expanded basic, while US is a digital channel.
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Re: Internet/TV coverage of the World Champs(US)

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                              17—World Championships
                              i assume, as with the previous one, these are repeats throughout the day? in other words, there's only one show per day?

Comment

Working...
                              X