X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiiLBiit
    replied
    Re: Bryce Love-Record setting 11 year old

He is an excellent runner and it is amazing that he is already breaking records. I enjoy watching him run. He is a great athlete and im glad to say that i know him ; personally.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sprintblox
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    It surprised me too but the smaller boys simply ran away from the girls in chasing errant balls and the girls could not catch them on a "breakaway" ( if that is the soccer term) with the ball.
    That could just be the higher aggression factor that boys have over girls. Line up all of them for a 100m sprint and the result could be different.
    That may be a factor. I have noticed that some girl softball players seem to not grasp the concept of exerting maximum effort in base running.

Leave a comment:

• sprintblox
    replied
    It surprised me too but the smaller boys simply ran away from the girls in chasing errant balls and the girls could not catch them on a "breakaway" ( if that is the soccer term) with the ball.
    That could just be the higher aggression factor that boys have over girls. Line up all of them for a 100m sprint and the result could be different.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    It surprised me too but the smaller boys simply ran away from the girls in chasing errant balls and the girls could not catch them on a "breakaway" ( if that is the soccer term) with the ball. Not that the boys scored on every shot on goal. The were fast, not accurate.
    The girls team, btw, was the City 10 year old champ. The boys were City 8 year old champs. This was a post City Tournament "exibition" game. Girls won 3-2 on a last second desperation shot from mid-field. The lesson for the boys being: Don't celebrate a "moral victory" tie until the whistle blows.

Leave a comment:

• elcaballo
    replied
    My grandson's 8 year old soccer team played a practice game with an elite 10 year old girls team. The girls were all a head taller but the boys were faster.
    surprised the girls weren't faster as well. always remember the time when i won the state 100m aged 11. i thought i was pretty damn good until the 11 t.o girls ran about the same time an hour later.

i was just lucky i didn't have to arm wrestle them, would have been an absolute beat down rather than a tie.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    My grandson's 8 year old soccer team played a practice game with an elite 10 year old girls team. The girls were all a head taller but the boys were faster.

Leave a comment:

• elcaballo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon
    Originally posted by Powell
    5-6 isn't your typical 11-year old, is it.
    That's the height my younger sister was at that age. But she isn't a typical... anything! :lol: She is 23 now and is only 5' 7"!
    Generally the norm for the girl's to be more mature than the boys at 11, Jon.

Just check out the 100m times for 10 & 11 on that list, they're practically the same for girls and boys. It's kind of funny.

Leave a comment:

• elcaballo
    replied
    50.7... absolutely crazy for a just turned 12 yo.

But the dude does look pretty mature

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/multi/bry ... d-sprinter

Still doing it off the back of 23.3 he's obviously got pretty good speed endurance, for someone of any age.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Aren't you tired of picking apart everything I post? Nobody knew he was going to set the track and field world on fire, but he had been setting the youth track and field world on fire since he was 15 years old. Hardly consider it a "nobody to somebody" story.
    You kidding right? Everything you post, try the ridiculous that you post :roll:

Don't want a reply to your post, you control that, simply don't post. That's the remedy right thurr...LOL
    Listen man, I know there must be this love-hate thing for me. But I'm tired of the foreplay, can we just be friends? :wink:

As for the list, there are some high profile names there but the one thing that it shows is that even when young athletes are at the top of the game early, they aren't locks to be just as dominant when they get older.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Aren't you tired of picking apart everything I post? Nobody knew he was going to set the track and field world on fire, but he had been setting the youth track and field world on fire since he was 15 years old. Hardly consider it a "nobody to somebody" story.
    You kidding right? Everything you post, try the ridiculous that you post :roll:

Don't want a reply to your post, you control that, simply don't post. That's the remedy right thurr...LOL

Leave a comment:

• balzonia
    replied
    But it is to the advantage to any athlete to begin training earlier than later, especially fast twitch and in particular type IIx.

If you can train, recruit and develop these muscle fibers to fire optimally at an earlier age, you again are better off than those who wait and/or never put forth the type of efforts those athletes who undertake this.

Again those athletes, even those gifted ones who start off earlier training, will be the better off as a result.
    Can you please direct me to any research that shows that training prepubescent or early pubescent athletes in "fast twitch" development produces any measurable increase in Type II fibres?

Or what it means to "...train, recruit and develop these muscle fibers to fire optimally"?

How would one know if muscle fibres fired less than "optimally"?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by Track fan
    Does anybody ever recall prodigies like this just flattening out and not improving at all? I'm not talking about injuries. More like early puberty growth spurts and maybe his body type changing and the athlete losing the ideal body type for the event?
    Absolutely correct. I went through that website and found very few names of either sex under 14 that made it as adults. They can be counted on fingers.

One more thing. I see completed marathons in children as young as 5. Five!!!! WTF? Why is this not considered child abuse?

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    Takes just a tick or two off of the old age-11 record of 54.21. :shock:

http://dominique.100free.com/
    This is an interesting and humbling list. I have to go back to age 14-15 in every event for my PBs to still be better than this list. ops:
    At least, I am still better than all the girls/women except in the HJ where I have to back up to age 16. ops: ops:
    Has the human race evolved that much in a half century? :?
    Agreed. This is a fantastic list. Some familiar names are on this list and the times are unbelievable. For the very few that still have a hard time with Bolt "coming out of nowhere" in 2008, you will see he owns the record in the 200m for 15,16,17,18 and 19 year olds.

Take a look at Robin Reynolds holding 3 age-group records in the 400m. She is already something special.
    Are you serious about the Bolt coming out of nowhere comments in 2008? Simply go back 1 year earlier, if you would have suggested Bolt would have run the times in both the 100 & 200m at the Olympics, you wouldn't been scorned :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    Takes just a tick or two off of the old age-11 record of 54.21. :shock:

http://dominique.100free.com/
    This is an interesting and humbling list. I have to go back to age 14-15 in every event for my PBs to still be better than this list. ops:
    At least, I am still better than all the girls/women except in the HJ where I have to back up to age 16. ops: ops:
    Has the human race evolved that much in a half century? :?
    Agreed. This is a fantastic list. Some familiar names are on this list and the times are unbelievable. For the very few that still have a hard time with Bolt "coming out of nowhere" in 2008, you will see he owns the record in the 200m for 15,16,17,18 and 19 year olds.

Take a look at Robin Reynolds holding 3 age-group records in the 400m. She is already something special.
    Are you serious about the Bolt coming out of nowhere comments in 2008? Simply go back 1 year earlier, if you would have suggested Bolt would have run the times in both the 100 & 200m at the Olympics, you wouldn't been scorned :roll:

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    I'm confused as to how Bolt can have the 18 year old record for a time he recorded when he was 17??
    I'm guessing since he broke the 18-year old record when he was 17 they gave the 17 and 18 year old records to him. If you take a look at the list (Allyson Felix in particular) you will see this happening a few other times.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X