X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalia Antyukh 54.19!!!

in her 400m hurdles debut in Tula
    :shock:

amazing although maybe not that surprising from a 400m runner of her caliber

does that mean she will go to Berlin in the hurdles?

I know rusathletics.com says it was her debut, but that's not true. She was running this distance as a junior, with a best of 58.30 in 2000. Still, obviously, a fantastic result after a long break from this event. Perhaps a potential new medal contender for Berlin?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Wow! They need to chuck her in the team and FAST

She could be the new Irina Privalova!

Comment

Only Pechonkina had been selected thus far and the Tula meet was the last qualifying meet in Russia, so Antyukh will most likley be in the team.

The fact that she was entered in a 400mh earlier in the year but scrapped (one of the Polish meets?) makes you think she's been training for the 400mh in the background anyway, with the intention of switching events maybe next year. You have to question her consistency at this level; at least Privalova ran some GP meets, but Antyuhk have the ability obviously. It's going to be close for medlas behind Demus.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexm
          she was entered in a 400mh earlier in the year but scrapped (one of the Polish meets?)
          Yup, she was supposed to run in Bydgoszcz.

Comment

That was it, cheers.

With Morasanu, Jesien, Antyuhk, Pechonkina, Walker, Tosta, Spencer & possibly Rabchenyuk it's going to be a great battle and may come down to lane draw.

Re Antyukh, after opening with a mid 52 over 400 flat, she must have figured she wasnt going to make the flat team. I dont know why she didnt just do the hurdles at the nationals!

Comment

http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=52446.html#

Comment

sorry.

Comment

This may seem like a stupid/pointless/weird question - but it has me perplexed. I've just seen a photo of Antyukh on IAFF and it gave me a flashback to 2005 - Tatyana Andrianova running in Helsinki. You see, I was convinced that Andrianova had lay out in the sun too long and burned her legs , since she lined up in her heats/semi and final with the pinkest thighs. But when I saw Antyukh's pic....with the same discolouration, this time more blotchy - I'm sure they are from the same thing, but what? It's not blood flow because Andrianova was red before the race even started? Is it heavy massage or something? Is it common?

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/852716 ... 0B0D811297

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
                    This may seem like a stupid/pointless/weird question - but it has me perplexed. I've just seen a photo of Antyukh on IAFF and it gave me a flashback to 2005 - Tatyana Andrianova running in Helsinki. You see, I was convinced that Andrianova had lay out in the sun too long and burned her legs , since she lined up in her heats/semi and final with the pinkest thighs. But when I saw Antyukh's pic....with the same discolouration, this time more blotchy - I'm sure they are from the same thing, but what? It's not blood flow because Andrianova was red before the race even started? Is it heavy massage or something? Is it common?
                    I've noticed this with a lot of Russian athletes too. I don't know why their legs are always so red below the thigh. I've noticed that a few of them slap their legs while warming up (to encourage blood flow perhaps?), but it is strange how a lot of them seem to have the redness.

Comment

Has anyone medalled at WC or OG in each of the flat 400 and the sticks before? I'm thinking not? Relays excepted, obv.

Comment

Anyone remember the 2006 European 10000m Champion Inga Abitova, now she looked like a tomato by the finish line no kidding.....

Comment

Originally posted by Matt1
                          Has anyone medalled at WC or OG in each of the flat 400 and the sticks before? I'm thinking not?
                          Angelo Taylor was Oly champion at 400H and WCh medalist on the flat.

Comment

Harry Hillman back in 1904...

Comment

Thanks, guys - forgot about Taylor, in terms of modern times!

Comment

Working...
                              X