X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ariane Friedrich Goes for Gold in Berlin

Ariane Friedrich Goes for Gold in Berlin

By Maik Grossekathöfer

For a long time, high jumper Ariane Friedrich had a reputation for being as unmanageable as she was talented. Now, as the World Athletics Championships approach, she is one of the few German favorites for gold.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 37,00.html

Scary the pressure she's under, but then so is Vlasic. Vlasic "has to" come back from Olympic failure, and AF "has to" win in front of her home crowd. Maybe somebody else can sneak in there.

Comment

Of course, there's always room for a surprise. But after all we've seen in the last months, Friedrich and Vlasic / Vlasic and Friedrich will go 1-2. Who will win? Any prediction couldn't be more accurate than tossing a coin.

To me, this duel is even more interesting than Bolt vs. Gay.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaCruz
        Of course, there's always room for a surprise. But after all we've seen in the last months, Friedrich and Vlasic / Vlasic and Friedrich will go 1-2. Who will win? Any prediction couldn't be more accurate than tossing a coin.

That's because it is going to be a true duel. Nobody knows who will win between the two in Berlin. I'm inching towards Vlasic but Friedrch jumping 2.06 to win would not surprise me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaCruz
          Perhaps because we don't know who is going to win the HJ, but we do know who is going to win the Men's 100? :wink:

Comment

Working...
          X