Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Jamaican athletes have received threats

See article on front page. I am not surprised by this. However, we should allow the cases to play out first. Jamaica is a dangerous, but prideful country.

Re: 5 Jamaican athletes have received threats

Originally posted by rudeboy
    See article on front page. I am not surprised by this. However, we should allow the cases to play out first. Jamaica is a dangerous, but prideful country.
    http://www.trackalerts.com/?p=2299

Comment

Originally posted by knite
      "German scientists even did studies on Jamaica’s yellow yam and found out it’s complex nature has a molecular structure that mimics steroids."

Are they serious? :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by sprintblox
        "German scientists even did studies on Jamaica’s yellow yam and found out it’s complex nature has a molecular structure that mimics steroids."

Yes. :?

Comment

LOL....shouldn't have let the secret out...hahahahahahaha :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by sprintblox

I was told the same thing about 14 years ago. Just before I left Jamaica. The man who told me, is a chemical engineer. I doubted him then, but this information validates what he told me.

Comment

Yams do contain a precursor to steroids called diosgenin, although no study has proven the body can convert it into a steroid hormone, according to Jim Duke, a North Carolina ethnobotanist and expert on plants' medicinal properties.

"A lot of herbalists will claim that they will make estrogen, and progesterone and testosterone, but all the chemists say bull-ticky."
              http://www.thestar.com/living/article/484793

Comment

Now imagine the word America was substitued for Jamaica...........who would take this serious???

This is becoming comical at this point.

Comment

What is comical about it? Yam is a natural product. anyone can access it.

Comment

Just like all 5 people drank from the same water bottle theory.

Comedy hour at its finest.

Comment

Guru -

something is seriously wrong with you. You keep making stuff up. Who said the 5 athletes drank from the same bottle. I don't even know if they are all friends.

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboy
                        Guru -

something is seriously wrong with you. You keep making stuff up. Who said the 5 athletes drank from the same bottle. I don't even know if they are all friends.
                        Someone had a theory VERY similiar to it. I'm glad you don't buy it as a possiblity, because I don't think it is plausible either.

But I digress. You guys can continue, I'll just read the comments.......as not to derail a good (comical) thread. :lol:

Comment

This sounds like a propagandist attempt to dissociate Jamaica with the current allegations or to make them seem so foreign that this is a once in a lifetime occurrence.

That article is anything but objective.

Cheating is global and every nation has issues with it.
                          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Some of us would like to believe this don't we...to make it fit conveniently with our own guilt.
                            One Love!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              This sounds like a propagandist attempt to dissociate Jamaica with the current allegations or to make them seem so foreign that this is a once in a lifetime occurrence.

That article is anything but objective.

Agreed TD...I also feel that when there is this projected notion that a particular country or countries somehow cannot be involved in these types of activities, is really when you open yourself up to scrutiny.

Case in point, with onlookers post. :roll:
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X