Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the little we know about Theriot's personality from his various postings, would anyone here in their right mind hire him to work for you ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      Originally posted by imaginative
      it is all to common that women construe every bad thing that happens to them as gender discrimination, sexual harassment, or similar, when what goes on has a different nature.
      Really?! That has not been my experience. Typically if there is a problem, and they do complain, it really is one of those things.
      Let us say that are real problems and people that are legitimate
      victims of those problems---and then there are those who
      interpret everything in the light of a particular problem that
      may or may not apply, basically assuming the worst of
      everyone.

The latter need not be in even close to a majority, but when
      we do look at the loudest and most vociferous complaints
      about the worst treatments, they do tend to be in the majority.
      And: Interestingly, somehow, they are mistreated much more
      often than others in the same group---with the only common
      denominator being themselves...

Strictly in my experience, your mileage may vary.

(Note that this phenomenon is not limited to women, per se;
      although women and gender discrimination is the combination
      I have seen most often.)

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        would anyone here in their right mind hire him to work for you ?!
        But maybe some would encourage UCLA to think about hiring him.

Comment

not a bad hire..not a good hire. Won't change much at all. they are not an attractive choice for sprinter or distance runners. Without Art, they get no big name throwers. Will still finish 6th or 7th in pac 10.
          Never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscleman
            not a bad hire..not a good hire. Won't change much at all..
            You will see at least one big change if you look at Maynard's history:
            The introduction of foreign athletes to Drake Stadium.
            This is a major philosophical shift for UCLA Track. Not bad, not good, as you say, but a big change. And it will make or break his tenure there.

Might affect the guys across town, too... USC has had the lock on global recruiting to Los Angeles over the last 15 years but now there will be another option for those far away athletes interested in SoCal.

Comment

There will be a change in the program. This hire will affect a lot more than coaching and recruiting, believe that.
              Maynard's hires will have an affect on the ebb and flow of the program also

Comment

Originally posted by balzonia
                The introduction of foreign athletes to Drake Stadium.
                This is a major philosophical shift for UCLA Track. Not bad, not good
                Some WOULD say that recruiting foreign athletes is a 'bad' thing. it costs more $$$ than in-state (or even just Ami) kids, and denies home-grown talent the chance to earn some scholarship money. There's more than enough talent in SoCal, even with USC to contend with. But . . . it requires more coaching to get them up-to-speed (pi) than oversea-ers who typically have already 'arrived'.
                My biggest beef with foreign talent is that MOST coaches say that they are recruiting them to 'broaden' the team's diversity or some such BS. If foreigners weren't allowed to score at conference or beyond, there would be mighty few here. If coaches would admit that they are just trying to score points at championships, so THEY look good, then I'd lighten up. But if you look at the media guides you always see, in the coach's bio, "Coached N conference champions," when a lot of the time the foreigners don't even PR here. :roll:

Sorry, just a pet peeve, I guess - they're just doing what they feel they hafta do to get a raise or keep their jobs. I'm over it . . . :wink:

Comment

Yadda Yadda
                  Or maybe the previous poster was interested in pointing out Maynard's recruiting history and wasn't posting to start to well-worn debate about the pros/cons of foreign recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                    Yadda Yadda
                    Or maybe the previous poster was interested in pointing out Maynard's recruiting history and wasn't posting to start to well-worn debate about the pros/cons of foreign recruiting.
                    Ding-Ding-Ding... KevinM wins a prize! :lol:

Comment

Working...
                    X