Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US team for WC announced

Some surprises on relay pool, no Ivory Williams and Hargrove was not expected to me in other way Trammell and Jessica Young are choices that I woudn´t predict. Nice to see Jenn on roster (I hope she will be in conditions to fight for a medal), confirmation of Willard only in 1500m (which I think is a good option) and no male athlete in walking events which I think is the first time.

I am at a loss to understand why they did not include Woods and Hargrove in the women's 4x400. They could have run Demus and Felix anyway, whether or not they were listed for the 4x400 relay. By excluding Woods and Hargrove, they are limiting their options, which could become significant in case one or more of the six that they listed become unavailable because of injury or otherwise.

Likewise, why omit Leroy Dixon? Crawford, Trammell, and Spearmon could have run the 4x100 relay without being listed for that event. Ditto Calvin Smith in the 4x400. These omissions make no sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
      I am at a loss to understand . . . These omissions make no sense at all.
      So who specifically makes these calls?

Comment

I told yall Trammell was going to be in the pool. I have all the inside scoop!! Ms. Anderson is going as well......YES!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am at a loss to understand why they did not include Woods and Hargrove in the women's 4x400. They could have run Demus and Felix anyway, whether or not they were listed for the 4x400 relay. By excluding Woods and Hargrove, they are limiting their options, which could become significant in case one or more of the six that they listed become unavailable because of injury or otherwise.

Likewise, why omit Leroy Dixon? Crawford, Trammell, and Spearmon could have run the 4x100 relay without being listed for that event. Ditto Calvin Smith in the 4x400. These omissions make no sense at all.
          It makes alot of sense if you actually know the inner workings of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
            I told yall Trammell was going to be in the pool. I have all the inside scoop!! Ms. Anderson is going as well......YES!!!!!!!!!
            It was pretty evident they would both be in the pool...they both ran in London and it was known by many they would be running there so it wasn't much of a secret or "inside scoop" in that regard.

That being said, the women's final 6 seems pretty cut and dry to me as long as Muna is healthy:

Jeter, Lee, Lauryn Williams, Anderson, Hooker, Felix

If Lee isn't healthy or 100% then things could get interesting which is why I think you see Solomon, Charonda Williams and Young in the pool as well.

Men is a tad more confusing but not by much IMO:

Gay, Rodgers, Patton, Crawford, Spearmon, Padgett/Edwards

I just don't see Trammell in the final 6...not to say he doesn't belong there...just that I don't think they'll put him there.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
              It was pretty evident they would both be in the pool...they both ran in London and it was known by many they would be running there so it wasn't much of a secret or "inside scoop" in that regard.

That being said, the women's final 6 seems pretty cut and dry to me as long as Muna is healthy:

Jeter, Lee, Lauryn Williams, Anderson, Hooker, Felix

If Lee isn't healthy or 100% then things could get interesting which is why I think you see Solomon, Charonda Williams and Young in the pool as well.

Men is a tad more confusing but not by much IMO:

Gay, Rodgers, Patton, Crawford, Spearmon, Padgett/Edwards

I just don't see Trammell in the final 6...not to say he doesn't belong there...just that I don't think they'll put him there.
              Not always the case, but nice try tho.

Comment

I know its not always the case. This time around it was.

I wasn't trying to do anything. Just stated the obvious.

Comment

It makes alot of sense if you actually know the inner workings of the process.
                  Why does it make sense to omit someone and not replace him with someone else who would not otherwise be able to run the relay? Crawford, Trammell, Spearmon, etc. are eligible to run the relay whether or not they're listed for the relay. Ditto the 400m hurdlers in the 4x4. They could have been listed in the "pool" without dropping anyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X