Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meets in Italy?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if any of our Italian t&f fans know of any meets in Italy in Sept. My wife and I are thinking about traveling to Italy and Croatia and I thought it might be cool to compete in a couple of local meets.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Novian

Mr. Novianv2, after having researched the IAAF site, I was directed to click on the Italian track & field page. I was able to find this information for you, which I hope can be helpful in your pursuit of September track meets in Italy.

http://www.fidal.it/showfaq.php?fldAuto ... lter=Cerca
    Fire Impossible.

Comment

Meets in Italy

Carlo Giordani is the contact person for Sept. 1 meet at Rovereto.
      http://www.geocities.com/us_quercia

For spectator enjoyment rather than competing, consider the Sept. 8 Grand Prix meet at Rieti. It's a small stadium in a small city (east of Rome, one hour bus ride) but consistently attracts major names. This year it's the final meet on IAAF "World Athletics Tour" and thus last chance to earn points for acceptance into the "World Athletics Final" a week later in Greece.

Comment

Aug. 30 - Padua (Padova in Italian)
        Sept. 1 - Rovereto (north of Verona)
        Sept. 4 - Orroli, Sardegna (probably not worth making a trip over to the island for just this meet!).
        Sept. 6 (not 8th) - Rieti (outside Rome)

Comment

Isn't Rieti where there was a wind gauge controversy in the LJ several years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
            Isn't Rieti where there was a wind gauge controversy in the LJ several years ago?
            Evangelisti???
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

In 1995 in Sestriere Pedroso had an 8.96m jump nullified for record purposes because an official was apparently standing directly in front of the anemometer. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Comment

Originally posted by BisonHurdler

In 1995 in Sestriere Pedroso had an 8.96m jump nullified for record purposes because an official was apparently standing directly in front of the anemometer. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?
                Thats it. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the leads! I just heard back from the meet director for Meeting Citta di Marano. Not sure if anyone knows anything about this meet.

I'll definitely look into your suggestions. Thankfully, I have Italian neighbours to help me translate these sites and emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Novianv2
                    Thanks for the leads! I just heard back from the meet director for Meeting Citta di Marano. Not sure if anyone knows anything about this meet.

I'll definitely look into your suggestions. Thankfully, I have Italian neighbours to help me translate these sites and emails.
                    This description from an Italian friend who puts on a few meets, "This [meet] is very small."

Comment

Working...
                    X