X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheri-Ann Brooks Cleared; Further Delays in Other Cases

From the front page:

http://www.trackalerts.com/?p=2315

I expected all 5 athletes to be found guilty of the doping charges and be left off the team to Berlin. But the circus is coming to an end (at least for one athlete). Sheri-Ann Brooks has been cleared of doping charges because according to the JADCO they "heard the matter in respect to Sheri-Ann Brooks and decided that based on an irregularity with the testing of the B sample, they could not conclusively beyond a comfortable doubt determine the positive finding of the A sample." Sounds like a technicality to me. But it isn't quite over for Brooks yet as the JADCO is appealing it's own hearing.

What a mess. Could all 5 athletes end up cleared?

Just wtf is going on??
    http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JWiz
      Just wtf is going on??
      I wish I knew the full story too.

Comment

I hate to say this, but this entire fiasco is INCOMPETENCE at its best. The Jamaican doping authorities are a joke and this mockery of a hearing and circus of leaked stories will only further cast doubt on us Jamaicans. The authorities need to hire people who are capable to run the organization until JADCO grows into a more mature organization. I respect the fact that Jamaica has joined the fight to help clean up the sport, but good God, please act with some level of professionalism and just try to pretend like they know what they doing.
        ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy_Baby
          I hate to say this, but this entire fiasco is INCOMPETENCE at its best. The Jamaican doping authorities are a joke and this mockery of a hearing and circus of leaked stories will only further cast doubt on us Jamaicans. The authorities need to hire people who are capable to run the organization until JADCO grows into a more mature organization. I respect the fact that Jamaica has joined the fight to help clean up the sport, but good God, please act with some level of professionalism and just try to pretend like they know what they doing.
          It is interesting that this type of story is airing at the same time as the retrospective on the 1984 fiasco. Have things really changed for the better?

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
            It is interesting that this type of story is airing at the same time as the retrospective on the 1984 fiasco. Have things really changed for the better?
            In contrast to the current circus down in Jamaica, I'd say the 1984 situation was a well-oiled coverup. The only 'fiasco' is that it saw the light of day.

Comment

Originally posted by K.I.R.
              Originally posted by rasb
              In contrast to the current circus down in Jamaica, I'd say the 1984 situation was a well-oiled coverup. The only 'fiasco' is that it saw the light of day.
              Then again...

Maybe they arent contrasting situations.

More information is needed to make that determination.

Being allowed to compete based on a technicality would be convenient...no?
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Brooks has been cleared because of an error on the part of JAAA and/or JADCO. The comedy of errors continues. This is embarrassing to watch. Somehow the rest of the world through newspaper articles, TV news etc knew of the Date and Place of the B sample testing but Brooks and her representatives were not informed? She walks away from it not because of that technicality? There is no indication that the test itself was flawed, only that Brooks was supposedly not properly advised of the date, Time & Place as per the regulations.

While I fully understand the legality of the ruling by the panel, I do not like it. People can fairly speculate that the error was intentionally made so as to create a loop hole for the athlete to use.

JAAA and/or JADCO are not handling their first high profile case very well at all, and the entire world is watching.
                Regards,
                toyracer

Comment

It might be a situation that Jamaica might decide that it cannot allow as it would tarnish a reputation that they want to have and do not want the drug issue to be lurking around.

Comment

come on, now Blake!

Comment

I won't even post the 2004 Tom Borish piece again.

All I can say is this is amatuer hour at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                        I won't even post the 2004 Tom Borish piece again.

All I can say is this is amatuer hour at its finest.
                        I guess that TB piece was true (even you and I knew it was) we had people on here calling it BS and hating....hmmm!!! I'm a sit back and watch this spin outta control and listen to the nonsense by some of the people on here.

Comment

Just imagine what some of the comments on the board would look like if it were an American we're talking about. (not you tammy and toyracer...you're the two most reasonable JAM supporters I've come across)

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                            Just imagine what some of the comments on the board would look like if it were an American we're talking about. (not you tammy and toyracer...you're the two most reasonable JAM supporters I've come across)
                            I didn't even want to take it there...................but we ALL know the US would have been crucified.

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                              Brooks has been cleared because of an error on the part of JAAA and/or JADCO. The comedy of errors continues. This is embarrassing to watch. Somehow the rest of the world through newspaper articles, TV news etc knew of the Date and Place of the B sample testing but Brooks and her representatives were not informed? She walks away from it not because of that technicality? There is no indication that the test itself was flawed, only that Brooks was supposedly not properly advised of the date, Time & Place as per the regulations.

While I fully understand the legality of the ruling by the panel, I do not like it. People can fairly speculate that the error was intentionally made so as to create a loop hole for the athlete to use.

JAAA and/or JADCO are not handling their first high profile case very well at all, and the entire world is watching.

Why would they do that intentionally? Reports are that she didn't ask specifically to have a representive present at the testing. I said this before and I'll say it again. JAAA and JADCO should've not do any hearing until after the World Championships. There is no time...every body rushing!! JAAA need to kick their @ss to the curve and leave them at home, because this is just getting ridiculous.

The JA pre-Berlin camp starts today 8-6-09, and all this is doing is putting a damper on the other team members and fans. This is taking away from the preparation of the entire team and this is what I keep on saying all along, that the overall/general team preparation will be affect, because of this. JAAA should've just leave them off the team and deal with their innocent or guilty plea after the World Championships.

I doubt, the majority JA fans would give a fly rat...about what these 5 Athletes think and the Jamaican public would've back the JAAA, for just leaving their @ss at home.

We need everyone on the same page...getting ready to give some serious @ss whipping!!

Comment

Working...
                              X