Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheri-Ann Brooks Cleared; Further Delays in Other Cases

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just wait until next year when Gatlin comes back and the responses to that...............

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
      JAAA should've just leave them off the team and deal with their innocent or guilty plea after the World Championships.

      For the athletes who want to compete at worlds, that would obviously affect them, I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
      on the road

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by guruof track
        Just wait until next year when Gatlin comes back and the responses to that...............
        7/10/10 I believe is the day I will no longer post on here, because all it takes is one person to talk crazy and I'm a get banned.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Speedfirst
          Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
          JAAA should've just leave them off the team and deal with their innocent or guilty plea after the World Championships.

          For the athletes who want to compete at worlds, that would obviously affect them, I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
          Affect them? There are 41 other athletes on that team, plus alternates. The overall well being of the rest of the team, should take precedence over these five athletes. They should've been more pro-active in what goes in their bodies. Even though it's just minor stuff that they will probable just get a warning for, being they are from JA..the media will take it and run with it...in Berlin.

          Plus, the pre-Berlin camp is to help them practice together etc. and with this stuff still going on, others won't have a definitive idea of where their stand in regards to ...individual races or relays. I just hope, this is done by tomorrow, so they can get some stability of what is what.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
            Originally posted by Speedfirst
            Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
            JAAA should've just leave them off the team and deal with their innocent or guilty plea after the World Championships.

            For the athletes who want to compete at worlds, that would obviously affect them, I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
            Affect them? There are 41 other athletes on that team, plus alternates. The overall well being of the rest of the team, should take precedence over these five athletes. They should've been more pro-active in what goes in their bodies. Even though it's just minor stuff that they will probable just get a warning for, being they are from JA..the media will take it and run with it...in Berlin.

            Plus, the pre-Berlin camp is to help them practice together etc. and with this stuff still going on, others won't have a definitive idea of where their stand in regards to ...individual races or relays. I just hope, this is done by tomorrow, so they can get some stability of what is what.
            So you wanna be the judge and the jury I see. Those athletes obviously have a right to due process and should exercise that right. You can choose to not agree with the process, doesn't change the fact there is one.
            on the road

            Comment


            • #21
              They have their right to due process, that could've been done after the World Championships.

              JAAA have the right using their judgment in barring these people from being on the Jamaica's team. The final decision is still with the JAAA.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                They have their right to due process, that could've been done after the World Championships.

                JAAA have the right using their judgment in barring these people from being on the Jamaica's team. The final decision is still with the JAAA.
                Afterwards :shock: for what? Why bother, they'll have missed out on worlds.
                on the road

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by texas_speed
                  Just imagine what some of the comments on the board would look like if it were an American we're talking about. (not you tammy and toyracer...you're the two most reasonable JAM supporters I've come across)
                  Thanks.

                  In all seriousness, if this had happened to five USA athletes, there would have been a lynch mob ready to hang them all, with a lot of people making none too subtle statements about how deep it all goes, how long it has been going on etc.

                  This is why it was so important for the JAAA/JADCO to handle ANY case that crops up properly, by the regulations. What they are doing now does no good to the image of Jamaican athletics. By contrast, the Julien Dunkley case prior to Beijing was handled in the correct manner, for the world to see.
                  Regards,
                  toyracer

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                    Why would they do that intentionally? Reports are that she didn't ask specifically to have a representive present at the testing. I said this before and I'll say it again. JAAA and JADCO should've not do any hearing until after the World Championships.
                    First of all, I apologize for quoting the double post; I'm on vacation, on a Mac and for the life of me I haven't figured out the cut-and-paste thing yet.

                    I am not saying that the error in procedure was done intentionally; I was pointing out that it is fodder for those that may want to talk about a conspiracy etc. Because something so simple was botched, it gives people room to criticize what should be a simple process.

                    The report I read earlier today suggested she was not informed about the Date, Time & Place of the hearing, and that she wanted representation at the hearing and was thus denied her right to said representation. That is the crux of why she has gotten off; due process denied to her so whatever the actual B test outcome was is immaterial. It is a technicality, and for that the entire thing is thrown out.

                    edit: the report I mention was carried in today's Jamaica Gleaner which is available online.
                    Regards,
                    toyracer

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      i am usually tbhe first to jump on drug stories but i can't get excited or angry about stimulants. firstly the effects seem to be minimal and there are so many ways of taking them by accident (i have no idea what this one was or how it could be ingested).

                      also i would have thought the IAAF would be appealing any aquittal for procedural reasons
                      i deserve extra credit

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by toyracer
                        Originally posted by texas_speed
                        Just imagine what some of the comments on the board would look like if it were an American we're talking about. (not you tammy and toyracer...you're the two most reasonable JAM supporters I've come across)
                        Thanks.

                        In all seriousness, if this had happened to five USA athletes, there would have been a lynch mob ready to hang them all, with a lot of people making none too subtle statements about how deep it all goes, how long it has been going on etc.

                        This is why it was so important for the JAAA/JADCO to handle ANY case that crops up properly, by the regulations. What they are doing now does no good to the image of Jamaican athletics. By contrast, the Julien Dunkley case prior to Beijing was handled in the correct manner, for the world to see.
                        DING DING DING DING DING

                        WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by mump boy
                          i am usually tbhe first to jump on drug stories but i can't get excited or angry about stimulants. firstly the effects seem to be minimal and there are so many ways of taking them by accident (i have no idea what this one was or how it could be ingested).

                          also i would have thought the IAAF would be appealing any aquittal for procedural reasons
                          Not sure of your understanding, but there are quite a few stimulants that can cause a 'spike' in performance similar or greater than that of steriods.

                          Some stimulants are minimal, some are not the least minimal when it comes to effects on performances.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by texas_speed
                            Just imagine what some of the comments on the board would look like if it were an American we're talking about. (not you tammy and toyracer...you're the two most reasonable JAM supporters I've come across)
                            That's just what i was thinking (Not that they have much competish). It's really nice to see some Jamaican fans that are not completely blinded by patrotism.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              [quote=guruof track]
                              Originally posted by "mump boy":3q3njufc
                              i am usually tbhe first to jump on drug stories but i can't get excited or angry about stimulants. firstly the effects seem to be minimal and there are so many ways of taking them by accident (i have no idea what this one was or how it could be ingested).

                              also i would have thought the IAAF would be appealing any aquittal for procedural reasons
                              Not sure of your understanding, but there are quite a few stimulants that can cause a 'spike' in performance similar or greater than that of steriods.

                              Some stimulants are minimal, some are not the least minimal when it comes to effects on performances.[/quote:3q3njufc]

                              And some are masking agents or used in conjunction with other (Possibly undetectable) drugs.

                              You know that mump???

                              I can't get excited because I couldn't care less about any of the people involved. I mean it's not like BALCO is it? (Yet!!!)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                                They have their right to due process, that could've been done after the World Championships.

                                JAAA have the right using their judgment in barring these people from being on the Jamaica's team. The final decision is still with the JAAA.
                                Can you imagine the JAAA waiting until after the World Championships and both Blake and Brooks are allowed to participate in the 4x100m? And then the Jamaicans go on to win gold and set world records in both events. Then after Berlin the JAAA find that Blake and Brooks are guilty of doping. Would have been a mess for Jamaica and even more of an embarrasment.

                                Waiting would have made no sense. Jamaica needs to end this nonsense and keep all 5 athletes (including the recently cleared Brooks) at home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X