X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K.I.R.
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Unless of course PEDs are allowed........... but that opens up another can of worms.
    I'd rather there be doubt but some legitimate performances than certainty and entirely fictitious results.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by K.I.R.
    Honestly, this is athletics. When something extraordinary is done, drugs must be considered. Reputation or not.
    And this is the problem. Whenever anybody does something special there will the doubters and skeptics who believe drugs are involved (whether they are or aren't). This will be the case for all athletes in all sports for the rest of our lives. Unless of course PEDs are allowed........... but that opens up another can of worms.

Leave a comment:

• K.I.R.
    replied
    Honestly, this is athletics. When something extraordinary is done, drugs must be considered. Reputation or not.

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by onlooker
    Yes, and when you create a reputation, you get treated differently, that's life in general, your credibility comes into question.
    Do you realize that this is what is now happening to Jamaica? Slowly, surely, a reputation is being created.

Sherri Ann Brooks, Yohan Blake, Marvin Anderson, Lanceford Spence and Allodin Fothergill in 2009. Julien Dunkley in 2008. Steve Mullings in 2004. Patrick Jarrett in 2001. Merlene Ottey in 1999. Donovan Powel in 1995.

The list is growing, the reputation will follow suit.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    If Blake is eligible put him on the relay, no excuses about any team not fielding their strongest relay, cuz we know some will bring that up :shock:

This is general, by the way.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlur
    it's a minor substance, that is not even banned.. even so it's looks like they will all be cleared anyway.. none are important to the relay, however, especially with Sherone Simpson returning to form.. so they can stand on the sidelines..
    Blake isn't important to the relay? The man has run 9.93 this season and has displayed phenominal top-end speed and with his relay experience he would be an asset. If Blake is cleared that Jamaican relay will once again be the clear favoritie. Without him, the Americans could be considered co-favorites.
    blake's relay experience? do you realize that he almost got the racer's club team disqualified two weeks ago in london for leaving early.. he's a fine young talent, but he's not mature enough to be on that relay.. they should bench him for the pos test and let him learn a lesson...

we had the jack black argument on other thread it applies here too..
    Benching him for the doping issue is one thing. That makes sense (although if he is cleared to participate then some would argue there isn't a reason to bench him. But, you said that he wasn't important to the relay team. You are VERY wrong.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlur
    replied
    it's a minor substance, that is not even banned.. even so it's looks like they will all be cleared anyway.. none are important to the relay, however, especially with Sherone Simpson returning to form.. so they can stand on the sidelines..
    Blake isn't important to the relay? The man has run 9.93 this season and has displayed phenominal top-end speed and with his relay experience he would be an asset. If Blake is cleared that Jamaican relay will once again be the clear favoritie. Without him, the Americans could be considered co-favorites.
    blake's relay experience? do you realize that he almost got the racer's club team disqualified two weeks ago in london for leaving early.. he's a fine young talent, but he's not mature enough to be on that relay.. they should bench him for the pos test and let him learn a lesson...

we had the jack black argument on other thread it applies here too..

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheBlur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• imaginative
    replied
    Yes, and when you create a reputation, you get treated differently, that's life in general, your credibility comes into question.
    So true! That is exactly why I find myself skipping over most
    posts by some people on these boards: They have built a
    reputation as irrational, destructive, annoying, low in content,
    or otherwise better not read---with their net-contribution
    being decidedly negative.

Leave a comment:

• nony
    replied
    Still no smoking in my opinion, but that doesn't mean you all should give up hope.

Leave a comment:

• K.I.R.
    replied
    You guys are really trying to cook up something that is minuscule in comparison to a massive drug culture in the good old XXX.
    One Love!
    Yeah, no drug culture in Jamaica mon.

I don't like cricket. Oh no! I love it!

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    How does it feel to be in cloud nine? I'd imagine it gets lonely.

Leave a comment:

• onlooker
    replied
    Originally posted by toyracer
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Just imagine what some of the comments on the board would look like if it were an American we're talking about. (not you tammy and toyracer...you're the two most reasonable JAM supporters I've come across)
    Thanks.

In all seriousness, if this had happened to five USA athletes, there would have been a lynch mob ready to hang them all, with a lot of people making none too subtle statements about how deep it all goes, how long it has been going on etc.

One love!

Leave a comment:

• onlooker
    replied
    Originally posted by mump boy
    i am usually tbhe first to jump on drug stories but i can't get excited or angry about stimulants. firstly the effects seem to be minimal and there are so many ways of taking them by accident (i have no idea what this one was or how it could be ingested).

also i would have thought the IAAF would be appealing any aquittal for procedural reasons

Tell it to the three amigo's who are trying to make this seem as big a deal as it was across the pond, they know who I'm talking about.

One love!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X