Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webb Joining Salazar Group

American mile-record-holder Alan Webb will move to Portland, Ore., to train with Alberto Salazar's training group Nike Portland, according to a source close to the situation.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...home_headlines

I'll be interested to see how this works out -

.....it is believed Raczko will have some role in his coaching.
    Holding clipboard for Salazar lol
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      I'll be interested to see how this works out -

.....it is believed Raczko will have some role in his coaching.
      Holding clipboard for Salazar lol
      I don't think it's hard to believe some complimentary coaching could take place. It seems to have worked with Vin L. and Salazar during Rupp's time in Eugene. Didn't John Cook work in conjunction with Salazar during the early days of the Nike Oregon Project?

Comment

The change of scenery and the intensity that resides in Eugene (Portland) with the training and Nike there could do Webb good.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

This should be interesting.

Not sure if or how successful it will be though.

Comment

I wish him the best and hope it produces the results he wants. This a significant change for him.

Comment

I think it's quite likely Webb had very little say in this matter, assuming he wants to continue getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by K.I.R.
                I think it's quite likely Webb had very little say in this matter, assuming he wants to continue getting paid.
                Bingo. I'm sure this move was strongly "suggested".

Comment

There's no way possible it could hurt!!!!!!!
                  phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                    Originally posted by K.I.R.
                    Bingo. I'm sure this move was strongly "suggested".
                    Webb signed his contract in, what, 2002? Wasn't it for five years, which means it was up in 2007, right? Did he sign a new deal then? Would have been the perfect year for him to have negotiated a new package.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      There's no way possible it could hurt!!!!!!!
                      You think?

Webb seems to be a loner. A competitive environment maybe counterproductive (lets hope not). There are pro's and con's to this, lets just hope this doesnt become a losing situation.

I'm surprised Nike has given Webb this much rope, especially with the way they treat sprinters and their contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                        You think?

Webb seems to be a loner. A competitive environment maybe counterproductive (lets hope not). There are pro's and con's to this, lets just hope this doesnt become a losing situation.
                        The converse could also be happen, however. If Webb needs a little reigning in or some better balance, the peer pressure from a good training group can help that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zat0pek
                          I wish him the best and hope it produces the results he wants. This a significant change for him.
                          It seems to have worked very well for Kara Goucher.

Comment

This is huge. The oregon group has been doing alot to resurrect american distance running. Webb has fantasic range, I see him as a 800/1500 kinda runner. With the diversity of athletes and training regimes at oregon right now, I would imagin ample oportunities to capitlize on webbs range and streghten his 800/1500 abilities.

Wether its a forced move or not, I think its a good one. Anyone guessing what that new american record will be next year?

Comment

3;29 and 3;46.

Comment

Working...
                              X