• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Muna Lee?

Silent since trials. Is she still hurt?

Re: Any word on Muna Lee

Originally posted by ALLSpeed
    Silent since trials. Is she still hurt?
    I would love to know her status too. Many on this board have pinned the team's chances of winning gold on her somehow getting ready in time for Berlin. Any clues?

Comment

Do you think she will race is she's injured, any likelyhood of her not taking her place in either sprint?

Comment

I'm suprised. Usually someone on this board knows something (at least claims to). Has Muna fallen that far off the radar?

Comment

She'll be running the 3rd leg on the A relay. Remains to be seen what kind of shape she is in for the 100 and 200 in Berlin but I guess it's safe to assume she's ok since she's at relay camp and participating. Whether or not that translates to her being able to manage all the rounds AND come back and run on the 4x1 remains to be seen but she's run "injured" before so I wouldn't ever count her out.

From the relays their running I see the possibility of them having a backup plan if Muna can't run (Hooker) and even the possibility of using Young and/or Anderson if need be. Both ran very well in London and the Young-Anderson combo ran step for step (if not slightly ahead) with Lauryn-Allyson.

Cottubus

A: Lauryn Williams-Felix-Lee-Jeter
          B: Young-Anderson-Hooker-Charonda Williams

Comment

Thanks for the update. How is she looking? Does she appear to be healthy?

Comment

Lee is not injured and is looking forward to running well at the World Championships

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                I'm not there. Just word through the grapevine so I can't answer the details your asking for unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                  Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                  I'm not there. Just word through the grapevine so I can't answer the details your asking for unfortunately.
                  Okay, I heard it through the grapevine. Is that Grapevine, TX or Hookersville? :wink:

Comment

Neither...high school teammate of mine is on the men's squad.

Comment

Just a tad off topic, but has anyone noticed a small street/alleyway about two blocks from Hayward? It's called Moon Alley. Sitting here drinking some fine Polish beer in Krakow, awaiting the World's next week.

Comment

I don't know how much to read into it but Muna's Facebook posts have been more upbeat as of late.

She even mentioned having a great practice recently.
                        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Working...
                        X