Go for it then, be my guest
    on the road

Comment

[quote=TheBlur][quote=t_monk]
      Originally posted by TheBlur
      Originally posted by "t_monk":1d5te62g
      Originally posted by "Tammy_Baby":1d5te62g
      I'm all for leaving Blake off the relay also, especially if this whole debacle doesn't clear up, this getting off on technicality is a little too suspect for me, not in the way some may assume...Howver, if all goes well, I say run him in the heats on the 2nd leg where folks are considering and watch how he runs compared to Steve Mullings...If he's impressive, then I say keep him and then run the final Frater :arrow: Blake :arrow: Usain :arrow: Asafa

However, as far as the female team goes, I WOULD NOT put Sherone on the team, I'm sorry, Sherone has done nothing to show she's ready to run at WC's, and also, SHE DID NOT QUALIFY for the team... Whatever post trials run she's done, shows she's getting back into shape, plus her better time was W/A...Aleen has been a staple on 3rd before, and while she may not be running sub 10s, she will get that baton around to Ver, who I think will be on anchor... If Aleen doesn't run, have you forgotten Brooks??? While I don't agree with the circumstances surrounding how she was cleared, she did earn her spot, and would more than likely , be a better leg than Aleen... Facey is another choice, and is at least a competent replacement, she may not be as good as an in shape Sherone, but hey, even an in shape Simpson doesn't guarantee the baton getting around, hello, do you remember Beijing...

My top pick for the women would be:
      Shelly :arrow: Sherri-Ann :arrow: Kerron :arrow: Ver

B pick would be:
      Shelly :arrow: Kerron :arrow: Aleen/Sherri-Ann :arrow: Ver
      i just said Sherone ran a 11.12 last week. can you read? that is faster than any time Bailey or Facey has run this year..
      Firstly Sherone's time was wind aided and secondly Bailey ran afaster time earlier in the season. I admit though that Aleen doesn't look her best in the least. I think the best bet would be Brooks seeing that her best time this year is:
      11.16 -1.5 Sheri-Ann Brooks JAM 11/02/1983 3 Kingston (NS), JAM 27/06/2009
      Note the wind, converting that to zero wind and you get a 11.0x easily.

This is Simpson's time:
      11.12 2.6 Sherone Simpson JAM 12/08/1984 2 bochum 02/08/2009
      Sherone's time was barely over the legal limit.. point is that she is a far better sprinter than the others when sound.. that was only her 3rd race this year.. and already it's better than the others, including Brooks, who have been healthy all year..

if this exact situation were presented with Bolt coming off surgery, he would be running.. they would be breaking those "rules" to get him in the individual races too..

People forget that Sherone was #1 in '06 and had been running injured, and in need of surgery, for two years straight.. yet still managed an Olympic silver..

at her best she can still be #1 again.. if the surgery fully corrected the problem..
      I am a big Sherone Suimpson fan, and second to SAF she is my favorite Jamaican sprinter.... but seriously.... this is ONE RACE. And 0.6 over the legal limit is still OVER the legal limit. Imagine Brooks in that SAME race with thet SAME wind... Do you really think that Simpson would beat Brooks right now? Simpson knew very well what she was getting into when she ran at trials and could have opted out of it and went the route of the medical exemption. What if they replace her with Brooks and Simpson gets SMOKED by Felix on the curve. At least with Brook syou are assured of a 11.0x in nil win but with Simpson, if she ready you might get a 11.3x! Worse with Brooks your getting a 11.1x at least.

And with the Bolt thing, as much as they probably would break the rules for him, I personally would be against it for the mere fact that it would be unfair to the other athletes participating.[/quote:1d5te62g]

to answer your question, yes, Sherone would probably beat Brooks right now. Brooks ain't running blazing fast.. Sherone would run 2nd leg.. Felix can't beat her in 100 metres..
      if Brooks didn't have the tainted test, i would say stay with the rules.. but this dilemma give an opening..

Sherone ran and didn't take that exemption because she does not like to make excuses.. just like when Stewart blew the relay, she never pointed fingers and even unfairly accepted half the blame even though it was 100% Stewart's fault..[/quote:1d5te62g]

No offence but it sounds like your clearly baised towards Simpson.

But since Simpson is so nobel then and doesn not like excuses, she should also accept that she has NO EXCUSE now if she doesn't get to run on the team, for the sheer reason that she didn't earn it while the other runners did. Have we learned anything from last year with SAF and SS? They made the team, Veronica didn't. People were up in arms about replacing one sprinter or both sprinters. But look at the outcome... Let the chips fall where they may. We have no gaurantee that Simpson will run any faster than that 11.12 in a +2.6 wind. If she were spitting out 11.0x on a regular basis then maybe you may have an argument but ONE race, in ONE competition, with an ILLEGAL WIND when the person is running only MARGINALLY FASTER..... seriously....

Comment

No, of course Sherone won't make any excuses or complaints. That's not the kind of person she is. I'm just lobbying on her behalf because I think it's best for their team...

You have to also consider that Brooks has missed a few weeks now due to this doping thing. And, perhaps unfairly, if she runs the final and they win haters will say -"oh, but they had a doper on 2nd leg."

With Sherone you don't have that problem..

Comment

No, of course Sherone won't make any excuses or complaints. That's not the kind of person she is. I'm just lobbying on her behalf because I think it's best for their team...

You have to also consider that Brooks has missed a few weeks now due to this doping thing. And, perhaps unfairly, if she runs the final and they win haters will say -"oh, but they had a doper on 2nd leg."

With Sherone you don't have that problem..
          But if she is vindicated then what is the problem with Brooks? They could say the same thing about Blake for YEARS to come, so we should NEVER use Blake in a relay because someone made mistake or something? Should Brooks be penalized for a mistake SOMEONE ELSE made?

And even so... Aleen AND Facey AND McClaughlan EARNED their places above Simpson. And as much as we know what to expect from those girls we simply don't know what to expect from Simpson now.

Comment

Well, I do agree it is a dilemma at hand. But I think my solution should be at least considered under the circumstances..

Brooks was cleared. She is in Berlin now, and will run the 100m.. I'm saying if they want to avoid that controversy, they have an out with Sherone suddenly taking form.. and her being an Olympic silver medalist is a reasonable consideration for replacement..

I don't know what will happen though. I haven't heard anything....

Comment

Well, I do agree it is a dilemma at hand. But I think my solution should be at least considered under the circumstances..

Brooks was cleared. She is in Berlin now, and will run the 100m.. I'm saying if they want to avoid that controversy, they have an out with Sherone suddenly taking form.. and her being an Olympic silver medalist is a reasonable consideration for replacement..

I get what your saying and upon hearing that 11.12 +2.6w I was really pumped about them maybe making room for her on the team. And then I started to rethink it and it came clear to me that this might not go over well with those who actually been running consistent all season and who truly placed to be in contention for the runner up spots.

Comment

Put Simpson on 2nd leg ...please!!!!
                on the road

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk

I get what your saying and upon hearing that 11.12 +2.6w I was really pumped about them maybe making room for her on the team. And then I started to rethink it and it came clear to me that this might not go over well with those who actually been running consistent all season and who truly placed to be in contention for the runner up spots.
                  perhaps as a compromise they can have them all in camp and evaluate them from there..

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    If Simpson is in 11.12 shape then she wouldn't be horrible on that 2nd leg. Remember, the JAMs should have the lead coming off the opening leg from SAF and Kerron will be there for the 3rd leg and of course VCB will close, probably one of the best closers in a relay today.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                      If Simpson is in 11.12 shape then she wouldn't be horrible on that 2nd leg. Remember, the JAMs should have the lead coming off the opening leg from SAF and Kerron will be there for the 3rd leg and of course VCB will close, probably one of the best closers in a relay today.
                      I'll still take a primed Allyson with a running start against a 2009 Simpson, especially after today's relay. Dem girls pumped!!
                      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                        Again.... 11.12 in a +2.6w for Simpson vs. 11.16 in a -1.5w
                        I would take my chances with the 11.16 in the -1.5 w to be faster.

And I don't get the Kerron on 3rd as opposed to VCB....
                        Why VCB isnt on 3rd is completely ludacris to me...
                        Kerron being on anything but 2nd/anchor is also insane in my book.

I mean if everyone goes into Berlin fit.... then the first, third and last leg shpuld be clearly..... SAF, VCB and Kerron respectively.

Comment

you're typical of someone without loyalty to a great Jamaican athlete. She ran because she has heart. she don't make excuses.. those rules are dumb.. choose the best sprinters with the most experience and speed..
                          No sir, what I am typical of is someone who plays by the rules. "Those rules are dumb"... what kind of childish response is that? Dumb or not, it does not matter. They are the rules, period. Simpson did not make it out of her semifinal. End of story. She has no medical exemption. She did not earn an individual spot. She did not earn a spot in the relay pool. Unfortunately, she will miss Berlin. She can concentrate on healing the knee properly, running on the circuit and qualifying at trials next year for a spot on the Commonwealth team.

SAF to Stewart to Bailey to VCB can win, in a darn good time too. Bailey and VCB can be switched with equal if not better results.
                          Regards,
                          toyracer

Comment

And another thing I don't understand from some of these comments... most of you have said you don't want Blake to run, but don't mind if Brooks runs although they were guilty of the EXACT SAME INFRACTION... What sense does that make? Why should he be benched and not her then?

Double standard.

My position all along has been to bench them both as a lesson... even if they are cleared.. That means you still would need Sherone because you need two alternates, as SAF and VCB are both doubling..

Maybe they should just see who is running best and use that team..

Comment

NO SIMPSONS. wheter Lisa Simpson, Marge Simpson or Sherone Simpson. is not no joke thing this.

Comment

My position all along has been to bench them both as a lesson...
                                To teach them what?
                                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
                                X