X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlur
    means you still would need Sherone because you need two alternates, as SAF and VCB are both doubling.
    Originally posted by jamstar
    of the three remaining athletes Bailey Simpson and Facey i say let simpson run while she only placed 5th in her semis she is a proven athlete who despite knee surgery is still running faster than Aileen Bailey
    Can we at least argue grounded in reality? Simpson is on no list of "remaining athletes". Simpson is not a named member of the team to Berlin, nor should she be. She had her chance, and did not produce when it mattered. Other athletes who did what they had to do should not be pushed aside.

If you have a favoured three of VCB, Fraser and Stewart, then the other three can be chosen from Facey (11.23), Bailey (11.07), Henry (11.14) & McLaughlin (11.35), all of who are quicker this year than Simpson (11.41). Bailiey is the obvious choice for the fourth spot, as she has the best time, actually qualified for the relay pool with her placing in the 100m final and has a gold medal at home for her part in an Olympic relay.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlur
    replied
    jamstar is right.. it's only logical solution..

Leave a comment:

• jamstar
    replied
    There will be an asterisk next to Sheri-Ann Brooks name cleared or not so i say let her run the 100m but not the 4x100 because if the ruling is reversed it affects the other athletes.... of the three remaining athletes Bailey Simpson and Facey i say let simpson run while she only placed 5th in her semis she is a proven athlete who despite knee surgery is still running faster than Aileen Bailey

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    My position all along has been to bench them both as a lesson...
    To teach them what?

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied
    NO SIMPSONS. wheter Lisa Simpson, Marge Simpson or Sherone Simpson. is not no joke thing this.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlur
    replied
    And another thing I don't understand from some of these comments... most of you have said you don't want Blake to run, but don't mind if Brooks runs although they were guilty of the EXACT SAME INFRACTION... What sense does that make? Why should he be benched and not her then?

Double standard.

My position all along has been to bench them both as a lesson... even if they are cleared.. That means you still would need Sherone because you need two alternates, as SAF and VCB are both doubling..

Maybe they should just see who is running best and use that team..

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied
    you're typical of someone without loyalty to a great Jamaican athlete. She ran because she has heart. she don't make excuses.. those rules are dumb.. choose the best sprinters with the most experience and speed..
    No sir, what I am typical of is someone who plays by the rules. "Those rules are dumb"... what kind of childish response is that? Dumb or not, it does not matter. They are the rules, period. Simpson did not make it out of her semifinal. End of story. She has no medical exemption. She did not earn an individual spot. She did not earn a spot in the relay pool. Unfortunately, she will miss Berlin. She can concentrate on healing the knee properly, running on the circuit and qualifying at trials next year for a spot on the Commonwealth team.

SAF to Stewart to Bailey to VCB can win, in a darn good time too. Bailey and VCB can be switched with equal if not better results.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Put Simpson on 2nd leg ...please!!!!
    If Simpson is in 11.12 shape then she wouldn't be horrible on that 2nd leg. Remember, the JAMs should have the lead coming off the opening leg from SAF and Kerron will be there for the 3rd leg and of course VCB will close, probably one of the best closers in a relay today.
    Again.... 11.12 in a +2.6w for Simpson vs. 11.16 in a -1.5w
    I would take my chances with the 11.16 in the -1.5 w to be faster.

And I don't get the Kerron on 3rd as opposed to VCB....
    Why VCB isnt on 3rd is completely ludacris to me...
    Kerron being on anything but 2nd/anchor is also insane in my book.

I mean if everyone goes into Berlin fit.... then the first, third and last leg shpuld be clearly..... SAF, VCB and Kerron respectively.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    If Simpson is in 11.12 shape then she wouldn't be horrible on that 2nd leg. Remember, the JAMs should have the lead coming off the opening leg from SAF and Kerron will be there for the 3rd leg and of course VCB will close, probably one of the best closers in a relay today.
    I'll still take a primed Allyson with a running start against a 2009 Simpson, especially after today's relay. Dem girls pumped!!

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheBlur
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Well, I do agree it is a dilemma at hand. But I think my solution should be at least considered under the circumstances..

Brooks was cleared. She is in Berlin now, and will run the 100m.. I'm saying if they want to avoid that controversy, they have an out with Sherone suddenly taking form.. and her being an Olympic silver medalist is a reasonable consideration for replacement..

I don't know what will happen though. I haven't heard anything....
    I get what your saying and upon hearing that 11.12 +2.6w I was really pumped about them maybe making room for her on the team. And then I started to rethink it and it came clear to me that this might not go over well with those who actually been running consistent all season and who truly placed to be in contention for the runner up spots.
    perhaps as a compromise they can have them all in camp and evaluate them from there..

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Well, I do agree it is a dilemma at hand. But I think my solution should be at least considered under the circumstances..

Brooks was cleared. She is in Berlin now, and will run the 100m.. I'm saying if they want to avoid that controversy, they have an out with Sherone suddenly taking form.. and her being an Olympic silver medalist is a reasonable consideration for replacement..

I get what your saying and upon hearing that 11.12 +2.6w I was really pumped about them maybe making room for her on the team. And then I started to rethink it and it came clear to me that this might not go over well with those who actually been running consistent all season and who truly placed to be in contention for the runner up spots.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    No, of course Sherone won't make any excuses or complaints. That's not the kind of person she is. I'm just lobbying on her behalf because I think it's best for their team...

You have to also consider that Brooks has missed a few weeks now due to this doping thing. And, perhaps unfairly, if she runs the final and they win haters will say -"oh, but they had a doper on 2nd leg."

With Sherone you don't have that problem..
    But if she is vindicated then what is the problem with Brooks? They could say the same thing about Blake for YEARS to come, so we should NEVER use Blake in a relay because someone made mistake or something? Should Brooks be penalized for a mistake SOMEONE ELSE made?

And even so... Aleen AND Facey AND McClaughlan EARNED their places above Simpson. And as much as we know what to expect from those girls we simply don't know what to expect from Simpson now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X