Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenny Barringer in Cottbus 800

In all the speculation over the US 4x100 in Cottbus there has been no mention of Barringer's entry in the 800. Anyone think the US will get yet another sub 2:00 performer this summer? I am thinking she will be 1:58.75 range. Saw her 800 in April at Oregon Relays and she was cruising so if the pace is decent early she will have little trouble dipping under 2 minutes.

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=36814

Comment

IMO, if she is within 2 seconds of your prediction, it will be a great run for her.

Comment

2:02.56 pb

Comment

Pretty much what I expected. She's not Anna Willard, after all. :wink:

Comment

You are right half-miler. In this field she didn't get the help she needed to go faster but still nice to see her put another big PB on the board going into worlds next week.

Wouldn't it be nice if the powers that be in the sport could arrange a series of match races either indoor or outdoor or a combination between Willard, Barringer and Vecsey over 800, 1000, 1500, mile and even 3k (nee Vecsey) across the US next year.

Comment

Add Rowbury and Wurth-Thomas and you've got a sweet field from 800-3000. It would be fun to see them go 800, 1000, Mile, 3000 on consecutive weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
                Add Rowbury and Wurth-Thomas and you've got a sweet field from 800-3000. It would be fun to see them go 800, 1000, Mile, 3000 on consecutive weeks.
                Indeed - these ladies' results fly in the face of all the [email protected] whiners.

Comment

BTW have I heard it right that Willard is running only the 1500m in Berlin?

Comment

Originally posted by westcoasttiger
                    In this field she didn't get the help she needed to go faster
                    How do you reckon? She was third.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetorun
                      BTW have I heard it right that Willard is running only the 1500m in Berlin?
                      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by K.I.R.
                        Originally posted by westcoasttiger
                        In this field she didn't get the help she needed to go faster
                        How do you reckon? She was third.
                        She ran essentially the whole race without someone to draft off of. After the beginning scrum the pacer is way out in front and Jenny B is second, where she remains until the pacer drops and stays in first until about 100m to go. They go by on her outside and she stays in Lane 1 while they are over in Lane 2+.

I think she placed a premium on not getting stuck in a kickers race and not getting caught up in any tumbles. There is nice, high quality video - try the link for the Cottbus relay and the 800 is listed on the side.

Comment

It seems a bit strange to me that Willard can run so well in the 800m, but still is slower than Barringers 3:59.9 1500m. I was a bit surprized that Barringer didn't run faster...yes, 2:02.56 is a PR for her, but along side the 3:59.9 it's relatively mediocre, almost 4 seconds slower than Willard.

Comment

It seems a bit strange to me that Willard can run so well in the 800m, but still is slower than Barringers 3:59.9 1500m. I was a bit surprized that Barringer didn't run faster...yes, 2:02.56 is a PR for her, but along side the 3:59.9 it's relatively mediocre, almost 4 seconds slower than Willard.
                            Barringer strong like bull.
                            Willard, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by K.I.R.
                              Barringer strong like bull.
                              Willard, not so much.
                              Adding a bit here, Willard's optimal distance is shorter than Jenny's. Also, Jenny's 2:02 was a different type of race; I suspect that she could be within 1 to 1.5 seconds in the race that Willard PRed.

Comment

Working...
                              X