Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

09' Cottbus w4x100 - USA 41.58

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Something tells me Jeter didn't shut anything down. I envision it as being relatively close going into the anchor and Jeter just blowing it out of the water.

    Hopefully a video will surface so we can all judge it for ourselves.
    I'm surfing the net now to see....

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Smoke
      Originally posted by SantaCruz
      Watched it on German television. Felix looked very fast. Good anchoring by Jeter. Exchanges were so-so.
      Walk us through please, we do not have any clue to how the race went down. I hear Jeter shut it down. Is this true?
      Williams with a solid first leg. Felix very fast second leg, almost ran over Lee at the exchange. Lee was o.k. USA were leading when Jeter took over, but she still increased the lead by a considerable margin and dusted her competitors.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by texas_speed
        Something tells me Jeter didn't shut anything down. I envision it as being relatively close going into the anchor and Jeter just blowing it out of the water.

        Hopefully a video will surface so we can all judge it for ourselves.
        No way the Americans can run that fast and shut down....

        Comment


        • #19
          Felix will be on the final relay barring injury.

          I think you saw exactly what they plan on doing with the structure of the relays.

          Heat: Lauryn-Alex-Marshevet-Carmelita
          Final: Lauryn-Allyson-Muna-Carmelita

          If for some reason Muna were to be injured through the rounds Marshevet and Carmelita worked together in London so that would be the logical replacement.

          Of course this is going on absolutely zero knowedge of what actually took place today in terms of the passes and how who ran what legs but it seems safe to assume that's how it'll play out.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by texas_speed
            Something tells me Jeter didn't shut anything down. I envision it as being relatively close going into the anchor and Jeter just blowing it out of the water.

            Hopefully a video will surface so we can all judge it for ourselves.
            I'm surfing the net now to see....

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by texas_speed
              Felix will be on the final relay barring injury.

              I think you saw exactly what they plan on doing with the structure of the relays.

              Heat: Lauryn-Alex-Marshevet-Carmelita
              Final: Lauryn-Allyson-Muna-Carmelita

              If for some reason Muna were to be injured through the rounds Marshevet and Carmelita worked together in London so that would be the logical replacement.

              Of course this is going on absolutely zero knowedge of what actually took place today in terms of the passes and how who ran what legs but it seems safe to assume that's how it'll play out.
              Agreed.....
              on the road

              Comment


              • #22
                I don't know why this performance is such a surprise to some folks, with reasonable passes it's in line with what I'd expect given the current form of the American sprinters. Take for example the 2004 Jamaican team which had at the time.

                VCB in 10.9 form
                Simpson in just under 11.1 form
                Bailey in just under 11.1 form
                Lawrence in just under 11.2 form (generous perhaps)

                That team, with mediocre passes ran about 2 tenths slower than the Americans did today with what sounds like slightly better passes, today's Jamaican team will look like (barring injury etc): -

                VCB in 10.9 or around 11.00 shape
                Stewart in 10.7 or maybe 10.8 or even 10.9 shape
                SAF likely in 10.7 but maybe 10.8 shape
                and Books lets say sub 11.2

                Seems to me 41.5 won't be that big of a deal for them, probably more like 41.4 or 41.3 to be honest. The key is, can they get the stick around fairly efficiently?
                All in all, nobody should be surprised by the excellent performance of the Americans but if the script holds, this won't be nearly enough.

                Just my 2 cents

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Drewsun
                  I don't know why this performance is such a surprise to some folks, with reasonable passes it's in line with what I'd expect given the current form of the American sprinters. Take for example the 2004 Jamaican team which had at the time.

                  VCB in 10.9 form
                  Simpson in just under 11.1 form
                  Bailey in just under 11.1 form
                  Lawrence in just under 11.2 form (generous perhaps)

                  That team, with mediocre passes ran about 2 tenths slower than the Americans did today with what sounds like slightly better passes, today's Jamaican team will look like (barring injury etc): -

                  VCB in 10.9 or around 11.00 shape
                  Stewart in 10.7 or maybe 10.8 or even 10.9 shape
                  SAF likely in 10.7 but maybe 10.8 shape
                  and Books lets say sub 11.2

                  Seems to me 41.5 won't be that big of a deal for them, probably more like 41.4 or 41.3 to be honest. The key is, can they get the stick around fairly efficiently?
                  All in all, nobody should be surprised by the excellent performancte of the Americans but if the script holds, this won't be nearly enough.

                  Just my 2 cents
                  The U.S. will run faster as well, the exchange from Allyson to Muna will be better, they ran away with the race today. So of course with JA in the race, a faster time is in order.
                  on the road

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    Originally posted by Drewsun
                    I don't know why this performance is such a surprise to some folks, with reasonable passes it's in line with what I'd expect given the current form of the American sprinters. Take for example the 2004 Jamaican team which had at the time.

                    VCB in 10.9 form
                    Simpson in just under 11.1 form
                    Bailey in just under 11.1 form
                    Lawrence in just under 11.2 form (generous perhaps)

                    That team, with mediocre passes ran about 2 tenths slower than the Americans did today with what sounds like slightly better passes, today's Jamaican team will look like (barring injury etc): -

                    VCB in 10.9 or around 11.00 shape
                    Stewart in 10.7 or maybe 10.8 or even 10.9 shape
                    SAF likely in 10.7 but maybe 10.8 shape
                    and Books lets say sub 11.2

                    Seems to me 41.5 won't be that big of a deal for them, probably more like 41.4 or 41.3 to be honest. The key is, can they get the stick around fairly efficiently?
                    All in all, nobody should be surprised by the excellent performancte of the Americans but if the script holds, this won't be nearly enough.

                    Just my 2 cents
                    The U.S. will run faster as well, the exchange from Allyson to Muna will be better, they ran away with the race today. So of course with JA in the race, a faster time is in order.
                    I agree, the Americans will likely step up their game, but let's look at the matchups given current form.

                    1. I expect Brooks vs Williams on start, given current form not much between them but advantage Americans I say.

                    2. On second, Stewart vs Felix, clear advantage to the Jamaicans if Stewart is ok, she has blinding speed and is accustomed to the left hand carry on backstretch so the Jamaican's reach the 3rd leg first (but only just).

                    3. Third leg VCB vs Lee, even in less the stellar form VCB's work on the turn is legendary (2 Olympic Golds) not much of a contest here, the Jamaicans begin to pull away.

                    4. Anchor sees SAF vs Jeter, it hardly seems fair especially since the Jamaican already has a lead. So the Jamaican's put it away, world record perhaps? The American's run faster than they did today but the Jamaicans have the speed to get the job done.

                    My 2 cents, any takers?

                    P.S. I really love this American team, definitley the best lineup possible I think.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Don't see Fraser anywhere near anchor. She'll be on 1st.

                      And I love the IDEA of VCB on 3rd but when has it ever happened?

                      I still think VCB anchors...just like she was set to do in Beijing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'll go with the U.S. especially after today's race, that was a great confidence booster and in particular knowing they can and will run faster.

                        Again I'll take a primed Allyson over a 2009 Simpson, what she can do this year is still not certain. I'll go with Carmelita with a running start as well on anchor. Relays certainly aren't the same with respect to the open races/times.
                        on the road

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by texas_speed
                          Don't see Fraser anywhere near anchor. She'll be on 1st.

                          And I love the IDEA of VCB on 3rd but when has it ever happened?

                          I still think VCB anchors...just like she was set to do in Beijing.
                          You highlight a very important concern I have about the Jamaican coaches. I firmly believe that the team I suggested Brooks :arrow: Stewart :arrow: Campbell :arrow: Fraser can and should beat the Americans and maybe even the world record, they have the speed for that. But if the Jamaican coaches fail to give thought to the running order and just stick folks in their traditional roles, I don't know that the Jamaican's would win. Fraser is explosive and fast on the straight but less than earth shattering on a start leg as the Olympics clearly showed, I think she should anchor b/c she has the ability to run down Jeter if she's in her back pocket. Campbell is an awesome turn runer and Stewart is just an average one, Stewart is however fast on the straight and likes the back stretch. Brooks will be a solid and effective start and would be no match for Felix on backstretch or in a position to do anything with Lee on corner.

                          The Jamaican coaches would do well to heed today's warning from the Americans and give careful thought to the lineups.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Shelly will never run anchor. She has too great of an advantage coming out of the blocks...

                            I agree that VCB should run 3rd and Stewart anchor, but it won't happen... VCB is the "queen" and the queen gets her way.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3vJFOKd8Y

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Looked like Felix, Anderson, Lee, Hooker and Jeter all ran well. Tough to judge Lauryn's run because the girl to her outside (Young I believe) all but fell asleep in the blocks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X