Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottomline, a major point has been proven. Most of you people are hung up on giving wins to teams or individuals before the actual races are ran. To me, thats complete disrespect towards these athletes.

Races have to be run, people have to show up on that day. Anyone can lose when its time. It has nothing to do with a piss poor start, bad race execution, blah blah blah. Hey, if a person decides to pick then to perform bad, its not the other runners fault now is it???

Comment

Why is everyone talking as if Brooks is running??

Surely she's not gonna be there? She got busted :?

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
        Bottomline, a major point has been proven. Most of you people are hung up on giving wins to teams or individuals before the actual races are ran. To me, thats complete disrespect towards these athletes.

Races have to be run, people have to show up on that day. Anyone can lose when its time. It has nothing to do with a piss poor start, bad race execution, blah blah blah. Hey, if a person decides to pick then to perform bad, its not the other runners fault now is it???
        What are you talking about jb? (not meant to sound combative...really asking because I wasn't sure if you were responding to something someone said in another thread or what)

Comment

You need to relax. So now we can't state who we think will win a race? We can't make predictions anymore?

Player A has consistently run faster times than Player B this season.
          I can't then say that I expect Player A to beat Player B in Berlin? If a particular athlete is outperforming the others heading into Beijing it is not disrespectul to the other athletes if we pick/predict/guess/state/say/swear that the top athlete will win.

If you don't like the prognostications, you might wanna shut down your PC until the minute of the races.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil

You need to relax. So now we can't state who we think will win a race? We can't make predictions anymore?

Player A has consistently run faster times than Player B this season.
            I can't then say that I expect Player A to beat Player B in Berlin? If a particular athlete is outperforming the others heading into Beijing it is not disrespectul to the other athletes if we pick/predict/guess/state/say/swear that the top athlete will win.

If you don't like the prognostications, you might wanna shut down your PC until the minute of the races.
            Learn to read and understand whats posted! Making predictions is completely different from "oh Tyson don't stand a chance, why is he even running?" Nobody put any substance behind their so-called predictions. So it becomes a disrespect show once someone counters their "opinion"

Comment

I have zero problem if someone wants to argue about a prediction I made. I'm comfortable admitting when I'm wrong and I've been proven wrong a few times on this board. But that is not going to stop me from giving my opinions and telling others what I think of theirs.

Comment

[quote="Megas15"
                I'm sure they're going to need Felix on the 4X400 so, they should replace Felix with Alexandria Anderson....
                only one team per country...right?[/quote]
                Felix ran both in 2007. She ran second leg in both relays & US won both.
                none

Comment

Originally posted by Megas15
                  Originally posted by texas_speed
                  Two very impressive times by the U.S. squads.

Wouldve loved to actually see it but it bodes well for the present and future. 42.23 for 3 ladies straight out of college (following a long collegiate season) and Hooker shows we have plenty of talent coming up through the ranks and options should Muna have any setbacks.
                  I'm sure they're going to need Felix on the 4X400 so, they should replace Felix with Alexandria Anderson....
                  only one team per country...right?
                  :shock: Youre kidding, right?
                  Please tell me your kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                    Looked like Felix, Anderson, Lee, Hooker and Jeter all ran well. Tough to judge Lauryn's run because the girl to her outside (Young I believe) all but fell asleep in the blocks.
                    Lauryn looked liked she got out and really attacked the curve, couldn't make out the exchange between her and Allyson, but Allyson was moving. Muna looked nice and her exchange to Carmelita from what I could make of, seemed decent. Yeah Young definitely was sleep in those blocks.

But you can definitely see them running faster and maybe taking the W/R down.
                    on the road

Comment

But then there are 3 baton passes to be made..... no need to say more....

Comment

Does anybody know how Muna stood up to the test today? She was so damned good at the Trials, I really hope she's good to go in Berlin.
                        Felix may just be the fastest (or very close) woman in the 4 x 100 m., with a flying start. She is on fire right now, and I am surprised that some think she won't be on that 4 x 100 team in the final.
                        Please don't get the whole USA/Jam. thing fired up over this comment I am
                        totally neutral, and just want to see some fine running...

Comment

In 2007 WCh Williams ran 11.05 from the blocks on a curve, Felix ran 10.28 on the straight -- slower than Edwards' 10.21. Jeter can probably run faster than Edwards did (10.00?) and Lee can probably run faster than M. Barber's 10.44 (10.10?). Williams and Felix aren't running faster 100s from the blocks than they did in 2007, so I expect them to run about the same as in 2007.
                          none

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                            I'll go with the U.S. especially after today's race, that was a great confidence booster and in particular knowing they can and will run faster.

Again I'll take a primed Allyson over a 2009 Simpson, what she can do this year is still not certain. I'll go with Carmelita with a running start as well on anchor. Relays certainly aren't the same with respect to the open races/times.
                            1st leg- SAF > Bulldog (by a LOT)
                            2nd leg- ok, I'll give you this as a gift.. Felix > Brooks/Bailey/or Simpson (even though she has lost to both Bailey and Brooks this year and can't even dream of beating an 80% Sherone)
                            3rd- Stewart > Lee (by a LOT)
                            4th- VCB > Jeter (did you see their only h2h this year?)

that's 3-1, being generous to the Americans..
                            you have two kinda close legs and two blowouts... save your money for a rainy day..

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                              Why is everyone talking as if Brooks is running??

Surely she's not gonna be there? She got busted :?
                              I see no upside in her running. If they win it will be said to be from someone who failed a drug test and was only saved by incompetence of a group that would gain from its incompetence. Worse, Jamaica should continue to do the best that they can to continue to show that their brilliance is not due to drugs and this would send a terrible message.

Saying that she, technically, did not fail a drug test is one thing, but to put her into ANY international competitions in the next two years is a big mistake in my book. Of course, I do not know what the drug is and it is a technical violation only then things are not nearly so clear cut in one way, but almost as big a mistake to go down that road in another way. And theydo not really need her.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynh14MXlawU

Muna played it so safe, they lost .2 right there!

Jeter didn't look as smooth as she can either, so very promising for Berlin. I would love to see the Jamaicans get the baton together because they have a talented squad. However, you have to go with history....and history tells us that the Jamaican record is 41'73. They now have two 10'7 gals with a 10'8 World Champ and an 11 flat gal with a hideous start - bailey (I don't think Facey's sub 11 represents her true form). So they should be challenging the record on foot speed.

I'd love SAF > Stewart > Bailey/Facey > Campbell

Comment

Working...
                                X