Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3a
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynh14MXlawU

Muna played it so safe, they lost .2 right there!
    She definitely left late, and the third exchange was mediocre. This team can break the world record with three great, albeit risky exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
      Originally posted by Megas15
      Originally posted by texas_speed
      Two very impressive times by the U.S. squads.

Wouldve loved to actually see it but it bodes well for the present and future. 42.23 for 3 ladies straight out of college (following a long collegiate season) and Hooker shows we have plenty of talent coming up through the ranks and options should Muna have any setbacks.
      I'm sure they're going to need Felix on the 4X400 so, they should replace Felix with Alexandria Anderson....
      only one team per country...right?
      :shock: Youre kidding, right?
      Please tell me your kidding.
      I was just suggesting that with so many events, she may be too tired towards the end and consequently, diminish the chances of the team. However, as Gleason stated, she had the same events in 2007 producing the desired results. Heck, I just want them to WIN...

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
        Originally posted by texas_speed
        Two very impressive times by the U.S. squads.

Wouldve loved to actually see it but it bodes well for the present and future. 42.23 for 3 ladies straight out of college (following a long collegiate season) and Hooker shows we have plenty of talent coming up through the ranks and options should Muna have any setbacks.
        I'm sure they're going to need Felix on the 4X400 so, they should replace Felix with Alexandria Anderson....
        only one team per country...right?
        :shock: Youre kidding, right?
        Please tell me your kidding.
        I was just suggesting that with so many events, she may be too tired towards the end and consequently, diminish the chances of the team. However, as Gleason stated, she had the same events in 2007 producing the desired results. Heck, I just want them to WIN...
        Yeah.
        Remember, she'd run a lot of 400's to be ready for all the rounds, so I doubt her fitness at the end will be in question. I want them to win also. But I understand your reasoning for that post now.
        I think she'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsun
          Originally posted by Speedfirst
          Originally posted by Drewsun
          I don't know why this performance is such a surprise to some folks, with reasonable passes it's in line with what I'd expect given the current form of the American sprinters. Take for example the 2004 Jamaican team which had at the time.

VCB in 10.9 form
          Simpson in just under 11.1 form
          Bailey in just under 11.1 form
          Lawrence in just under 11.2 form (generous perhaps)

That team, with mediocre passes ran about 2 tenths slower than the Americans did today with what sounds like slightly better passes, today's Jamaican team will look like (barring injury etc): -

VCB in 10.9 or around 11.00 shape
          Stewart in 10.7 or maybe 10.8 or even 10.9 shape
          SAF likely in 10.7 but maybe 10.8 shape
          and Books lets say sub 11.2

Seems to me 41.5 won't be that big of a deal for them, probably more like 41.4 or 41.3 to be honest. The key is, can they get the stick around fairly efficiently?
          All in all, nobody should be surprised by the excellent performancte of the Americans but if the script holds, this won't be nearly enough.

Just my 2 cents
          The U.S. will run faster as well, the exchange from Allyson to Muna will be better, they ran away with the race today. So of course with JA in the race, a faster time is in order.
          I agree, the Americans will likely step up their game, but let's look at the matchups given current form.

1. I expect Brooks vs Williams on start, given current form not much between them but advantage Americans I say.

2. On second, Stewart vs Felix, clear advantage to the Jamaicans if Stewart is ok, she has blinding speed and is accustomed to the left hand carry on backstretch so the Jamaican's reach the 3rd leg first (but only just).

3. Third leg VCB vs Lee, even in less the stellar form VCB's work on the turn is legendary (2 Olympic Golds) not much of a contest here, the Jamaicans begin to pull away.

4. Anchor sees SAF vs Jeter, it hardly seems fair especially since the Jamaican already has a lead. So the Jamaican's put it away, world record perhaps? The American's run faster than they did today but the Jamaicans have the speed to get the job done.

My 2 cents, any takers?

P.S. I really love this American team, definitley the best lineup possible I think.[/quote

Sorry but u got the match ups wrong shelly ann fraser will not be anchoring the jamaican team she will be starting no question asked.. brooks if they have her run would be on the second leg ..... 3rd and 4th leg haven't been cemented yet but it would make sense to put veronica on the third leg cuz she is a curve runner and have kerron take it home. Its the same result just a different order tho

Comment

Jeter and Muna are fresh off the plane. Jeter trained that morning. All four women will be even sharper in Berlin. Only Muna is doubling. You are not paying attention if you believe for a second the US is operating with 4 great legs v Jamaica hoping KS is healthy, VCB is healthy, SAF can do something on the bend and their fourth leg has the run of her life to keep up.
            This race is not close on paper, US in wr and I am hoping they threaten 41 flat

Comment

I would assume the following line up for JAM if everyone is healthy - SAF, Stewert, Bailey and VCB on anchor. This is the only line up that can compete with Williams, Felix, Lee, Jeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                Jeter and Muna are fresh off the plane. Jeter trained that morning. All four women will be even sharper in Berlin. Only Muna is doubling. You are not paying attention if you believe for a second the US is operating with 4 great legs v Jamaica hoping KS is healthy, VCB is healthy, SAF can do something on the bend and their fourth leg has the run of her life to keep up.
                you're clueless..lol.. the only way USA can beat that team is if Jam fumbles the stick.. Their fastest runner is slower than Ja's 3rd fastest.. how's that for "close on paper"?...

USA is gonna get embarrassed.. it won't even be close..

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlur
                  you're clueless..lol.. the only way USA can beat that team is if Jam fumbles the stick.. Their fastest runner is slower than Ja's 3rd fastest.. how's that for "close on paper"?...

Smoke never seems clueless but you seem to be an over-the-top fanboy on this one.

If the US runs 0.30 fast, which seems possible, the only Jamaican team that would make it not close is the men's team.

Comment

Change your name to The Blurry because it describes your vision and track knowkedge. Jamaica is a leg short of competing.
                    SAF is not all that formidible on lead off, she is not scaring anyone. Check the film form Beijing and watch her lead off, no one is scared.
                    Who does Jam run on second with Allyson??? No one! KS is the choice and that just keeps it close.
                    Third needs to who??? Bailey? VCB? Muna runs with VCB and beats up on Aileen, this is not college anymore.
                    Anchor and VCB is not catching CJ.

They are a leg short. You are looking at a wr team in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235

Smoke never seems clueless but you seem to be an over-the-top fanboy on this one.

If the US runs 0.30 fast, which seems possible, the only Jamaican team that would make it not close is the men's team.
                      yes, he is clueless, and if you don't think so it only means that you are clueless as well..

Comment

Change your name to The Blurry because it describes your vision and track knowkedge. Jamaica is a leg short of competing.
                        SAF is not all that formidible on lead off, she is not scaring anyone. Check the film form Beijing and watch her lead off, no one is scared.
                        Who does Jam run on second with Allyson??? No one! KS is the choice and that just keeps it close.
                        Third needs to who??? Bailey? VCB? Muna runs with VCB and beats up on Aileen, this is not college anymore.
                        Anchor and VCB is not catching CJ.

They are a leg short. You are looking at a wr team in the making.
                        And change your name to smoked.. as in that's what's gonna happen to the US team when they face the Jamaican women..

i stopped reading your dumb post after you said the fastest woman in the world wasn't formidable.. (and misspelled formidable).. you know less about track than the average rodent...

Comment

I know more than you and that is all that matters in this exchange. Those greem black and yellow contacts are definitely blurring your vision. Go to youtube, pull the 4x100 from 08 Beijing and watch the Olympic champ NOT do anything special on that lead off. This is not the 100 and that is not a straight away run.

Comment

Embarrassed??? Ok :roll:

Comment

I know more than you and that is all that matters in this exchange. Those greem black and yellow contacts are definitely blurring your vision. Go to youtube, pull the 4x100 from 08 Beijing and watch the Olympic champ NOT do anything special on that lead off. This is not the 100 and that is not a straight away run.
                              lmao.. u don't know anywhere near what i know about this sport, dumbass... but if u want to keep embarrassing yourself i'd be happy to make u look like a bigger fool than you already are.. of course your do a fine job of that on your own, so my work is already done..

Comment

i have the olympic race on tape, retard.. SAF gave Jam a 6 meter lead on 1st leg.. take your head out of your ass...

Comment

Working...
                                X