X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Some of you just don't know when to stop, do you?

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by bman
    Originally posted by The Atheist
    What I said was "I think Tyson will get silver, which is a great achievment."
    Well, you and I both know that is not what you said, but I guess I agree with your point anyway.

It seems to me like the argument from the trackshark people is that the originals here think they are smarter than the TSers, and when arguments arise this attitude comes off as worse than maybe some others would. Based on browsing the forums for the time I have I would say this is not far off.
    Not just smarter :roll: , but better.

Hmmp. :?

Leave a comment:

• bman
    replied
    Well, you and I both know that is not what you said, but I guess I agree with your point anyway.

It seems to me like the argument from the trackshark people is that the originals here think they are smarter than the TSers, and when arguments arise this attitude comes off as worse than maybe some others would. Based on browsing the forums for the time I have I would say this is not far off.

And as for not liking the boards because people quote too much... Well, whatever floats your boat.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    [quote=guruof track]
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by "guruof track":qjqocsr6

As far as being a former TS poster, I hate the way lots of the 'original' posters here seem to want to marginalize 'TS posters' opinion. Its amazing the amount of cheap shots taken at the peeps from TS.
    Preach!

Er...I mean...I agree. ops:

Although it doesnt really both me.

I mean I've surveyed the cerebral potential of the snootier set in this forum and to be honest with you...

I can't say that I'm really impressed.
    I am!!! :lol: :lol:

Because they do it with a straight face. :wink:[/quote:qjqocsr6] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true.
    You know, it is. If indeed you think, this message board is more of my natural habitat than yours (it isn't), PM me and tell me, which one of those things is not so. It would take me some time and work to dig out those posts, but it is doable .
    Personally I'd like to discuss it in the open.

Just about everything you wrote has to be considered untrue because the context is skewed.

Miserably.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track

As far as being a former TS poster, I hate the way lots of the 'original' posters here seem to want to marginalize 'TS posters' opinion. Its amazing the amount of cheap shots taken at the peeps from TS.
    Preach!

I mean I've surveyed the cerebral potential of the snootier set in this forum and to be honest with you...

I am!!! :lol: :lol:

Because they do it with a straight face. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track

Preach!

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    You know, it is. If indeed you think, this message board is more of my natural habitat than yours (it isn't), PM me and tell me, which one of those things is not so. It would take me some time and work to dig out those posts, but it is doable .

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied

So other than Trackdaddy's hatefulness towards homosexuals, which I will simply never tolerate, I forgive everyone of any past disagreements we've had on this forum, and I hope you can all do the same.
    What?!?!

:lol:

I don't wear my beliefs on my sleeve or in my username.

If my username was "I Believe in God" I'd probably get banned for it.

I won't ask how you avoid a similar fate.

And I've NEVER said I hated anyone...because I don't.

I love everyone... even you.

And if I love atheists it's no surprise that I don't hate homosexuals...no?

As an atheists I suppose you have no moral code or board rule that prevents you from distorting the truth so...

Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    I can only speak for myself, but I suspect, quite a few people (including the mods) will agree.

Originally posted by scottmitchell
    Track Daddy has the truth of it, but his truth is too threatening to the T&F News status quo.
    This is exactly the attitude that got TrackDaddy banned, not his beliefs. Elevating his set of beliefs to a higher moral plane than of those that debated him. Calling an established science "nonsense", when it did not fall within his set of beliefs. Condemnation of the homosexuals in the name of his faith. There are several homosexuals among the regulars here, some of them expressed their deep sense of offense over his remarks.

Nobody (at least I) have a problem with anybody's faith. It is when they scream it repeatedly that becomes IMHO a bannable offense.

*Bites lip since I realize the deck is stacked against me*

In another place at another time...I'd put you in check.

As it is, this (message board) is your world.

I'm just a squirrel, trying to get a nut.

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    I just find it absurd that you actually consider it to be "disrepesctful" for me to say that I thought Tyson would take silver in Berlin.

If I said "Tyson is lazy and doesn't train hard enough to beat Bolt, he deserves silver" that would be one thing. But that is NOT what I said.

How you managed to interpret that as a diss, is beyond me.

You are waaaaaaaaay too triggerhappy to call people disrespectful.

I have utmost respect for Gay. I know he cannot beat Bolt, but I also know that he is an INCREDIBLE athlete, who does everything he possibly can to perform as best as he possibly can, and he is a very good person. If this makes you think I have lack of respect for him, then I dunno, you're weird or something.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    If I have offended any of you (yes, even you, Keithrun) by predicting that Usain Bolt will defeat Tyson Gay next week, I appologize.

It is not my intention to offend or deeply disturb anyone on this site.
    You don't have the capacity to offend me. Don't flatter yourself. I mean that in the kindest way. :wink:

I simply think you don't have the corerect level of respect for the work that ALL these athletes put into what they do.

My posting style is animated, colorful, competitive, passionate and I think informative. Maybe some won't argee. But no one can say I am disrespect.

With that said hurry up and come WC.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    But I think most of us would get along just fine if we were sitting around in real life, watching a track meet together.
    I can recall this type of thing from as far back as 2005 on this message board. It is the norm.

Originally posted by In 2005 I
    there is nothing wrong with having different opinions. I actually enjoy sparring with you It never has to get personal, we just shout at each other and then go for beer. Cheers

See posts in this thread

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Lol, I really haven't ever been there (nor have any of my friends or family ever been there). But, this did motivate me to post my list of places I have been to in that thread in the Things Other than Track and Field forum. I've been to 22 places so far. Jamaica is not on the list (yet!!!, heh heh heh).

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Listen mon, mi promise, mi not Jamaican! Err, I mean "man." Crap, the secret is out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I like the north coast twang....... Did you hear that in Ocho Rios or Negril?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X