Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlow had lunch with Eldrick in England and found him quite charming but Eldrick could be a crazed bulldog while posting.

My point is try to post what you would say to someone in person. My bet is your posts while be much more civil and you will be loved by everyone like i am. :P I love you, Squack

P.S. I dont love you as much as Lagat. 8-)
    phsstt!

Comment

I must say, I am rather amused that justblaze actually thinks I'm Jamaican.

Lol.

Anyway, all I will say is this:

If I have offended any of you (yes, even you, Keithrun) by predicting that Usain Bolt will defeat Tyson Gay next week, I appologize.

It is not my intention to offend or deeply disturb anyone on this site.

I actually like track and field fans. Really. I do. When I go to track meets, I usually have a great time, and chat it up with whoever happens to be seated around me, and tend to get along great with pretty much anyone in attendance, regardless of who they are a fan of, or whether their opinions are different from mine about various things.

For some reason, things tend to get a bit hairy when people argue on the internet. That's just the way it is. But I think most of us would get along just fine if we were sitting around in real life, watching a track meet together.

So other than Trackdaddy's hatefulness towards homosexuals, which I will simply never tolerate, I forgive everyone of any past disagreements we've had on this forum, and I hope you can all do the same.

Good luck to whomever all of you are rooting for in the World Championships, and have a fun summer!

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
        I must say, I am rather amused that justblaze actually thinks I'm Jamaican.
        You like Bolt, you must be Jamaican !!!!!! :wink:

(edit: I added the wink in case someone misiniterprets my post)

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
          Nobody (at least I) have a problem with anybody's faith. It is when they scream it repeatedly that becomes IMHO a bannable offense.
          Yeah, especially when that faith is in some sprinter or other and is screamed through quoting of every other bit of screaming in a thread :roll:

I can skim over an eldrick/malleymo flame war with the greatest of ease but to scroll through page after page of quoted and requoted crap tests my limits. If people can't be bothered to marshall their quotes (and thoughts) and learn the difference between the reply and quote buttons, then they care nought for other board members or those offering a free service here.

Recently, I have moved back to mostly reading results with just a quick skim here to try and find some discussion or, perchance, some facts. Sadly, the Things Not T&F are now the most readable when I used to rarely venture there.

Comment

Listen mon, mi promise, mi not Jamaican! Err, I mean "man." Crap, the secret is out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Listen mon, mi promise, mi not Jamaican! Err, I mean "man." Crap, the secret is out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
              I like the north coast twang....... Did you hear that in Ocho Rios or Negril?

Comment

Lol, I really haven't ever been there (nor have any of my friends or family ever been there). But, this did motivate me to post my list of places I have been to in that thread in the Things Other than Track and Field forum. I've been to 22 places so far. Jamaica is not on the list (yet!!!, heh heh heh).

Comment

But I think most of us would get along just fine if we were sitting around in real life, watching a track meet together.
                  I can recall this type of thing from as far back as 2005 on this message board. It is the norm.

Originally posted by In 2005 I
                  there is nothing wrong with having different opinions. I actually enjoy sparring with you It never has to get personal, we just shout at each other and then go for beer. Cheers

See posts in this thread

Comment

If I have offended any of you (yes, even you, Keithrun) by predicting that Usain Bolt will defeat Tyson Gay next week, I appologize.

It is not my intention to offend or deeply disturb anyone on this site.
                    You don't have the capacity to offend me. Don't flatter yourself. I mean that in the kindest way. :wink:

I simply think you don't have the corerect level of respect for the work that ALL these athletes put into what they do.

As far as being a former TS poster, I hate the way lots of the 'original' posters here seem to want to marginalize 'TS posters' opinion. Its amazing the amount of cheap shots taken at the peeps from TS.

My posting style is animated, colorful, competitive, passionate and I think informative. Maybe some won't argee. But no one can say I am disrespect.

With that said hurry up and come WC.

Comment

I just find it absurd that you actually consider it to be "disrepesctful" for me to say that I thought Tyson would take silver in Berlin.

If I said "Tyson is lazy and doesn't train hard enough to beat Bolt, he deserves silver" that would be one thing. But that is NOT what I said.

What I said was "I think Tyson will get silver, which is a great achievment."

How you managed to interpret that as a diss, is beyond me.

You are waaaaaaaaay too triggerhappy to call people disrespectful.

I have utmost respect for Gay. I know he cannot beat Bolt, but I also know that he is an INCREDIBLE athlete, who does everything he possibly can to perform as best as he possibly can, and he is a very good person. If this makes you think I have lack of respect for him, then I dunno, you're weird or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                        I can only speak for myself, but I suspect, quite a few people (including the mods) will agree.

Originally posted by scottmitchell
                        Track Daddy has the truth of it, but his truth is too threatening to the T&F News status quo.
                        This is exactly the attitude that got TrackDaddy banned, not his beliefs. Elevating his set of beliefs to a higher moral plane than of those that debated him. Calling an established science "nonsense", when it did not fall within his set of beliefs. Condemnation of the homosexuals in the name of his faith. There are several homosexuals among the regulars here, some of them expressed their deep sense of offense over his remarks.

Nobody (at least I) have a problem with anybody's faith. It is when they scream it repeatedly that becomes IMHO a bannable offense.
                        This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true.

*Bites lip since I realize the deck is stacked against me*

In another place at another time...I'd put you in check.

As it is, this (message board) is your world.

I'm just a squirrel, trying to get a nut.
                        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

So other than Trackdaddy's hatefulness towards homosexuals, which I will simply never tolerate, I forgive everyone of any past disagreements we've had on this forum, and I hope you can all do the same.
                          What?!?!

:lol:

I don't wear my beliefs on my sleeve or in my username.

If my username was "I Believe in God" I'd probably get banned for it.

I won't ask how you avoid a similar fate.

And I've NEVER said I hated anyone...because I don't.

I love everyone... even you.

And if I love atheists it's no surprise that I don't hate homosexuals...no?

As an atheists I suppose you have no moral code or board rule that prevents you from distorting the truth so...

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                            This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true.
                            You know, it is. If indeed you think, this message board is more of my natural habitat than yours (it isn't), PM me and tell me, which one of those things is not so. It would take me some time and work to dig out those posts, but it is doable .
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

As far as being a former TS poster, I hate the way lots of the 'original' posters here seem to want to marginalize 'TS posters' opinion. Its amazing the amount of cheap shots taken at the peeps from TS.
                              Preach!

Er...I mean...I agree. ops:

Although it doesnt really both me.

I mean I've surveyed the cerebral potential of the snootier set in this forum and to be honest with you...

I can't say that I'm really impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                                Originally posted by guruof track

Preach!

Er...I mean...I agree. ops:

Although it doesnt really both me.

I mean I've surveyed the cerebral potential of the snootier set in this forum and to be honest with you...

I can't say that I'm really impressed.
                                I am!!! :lol: :lol:

Because they do it with a straight face. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X