X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pego
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true.
    You know, it is. If indeed you think, this message board is more of my natural habitat than yours (it isn't), PM me and tell me, which one of those things is not so. It would take me some time and work to dig out those posts, but it is doable .
    Personally I'd like to discuss it in the open.

Just about everything you wrote has to be considered untrue because the context is skewed.

Miserably.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
      Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      Originally posted by "guruof track":qjqocsr6

As far as being a former TS poster, I hate the way lots of the 'original' posters here seem to want to marginalize 'TS posters' opinion. Its amazing the amount of cheap shots taken at the peeps from TS.
      Preach!

Er...I mean...I agree. ops:

Although it doesnt really both me.

I mean I've surveyed the cerebral potential of the snootier set in this forum and to be honest with you...

I can't say that I'm really impressed.
      I am!!! :lol: :lol:

Because they do it with a straight face. :wink:[/quote:qjqocsr6] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
        What I said was "I think Tyson will get silver, which is a great achievment."
        Well, you and I both know that is not what you said, but I guess I agree with your point anyway.

It seems to me like the argument from the trackshark people is that the originals here think they are smarter than the TSers, and when arguments arise this attitude comes off as worse than maybe some others would. Based on browsing the forums for the time I have I would say this is not far off.

And as for not liking the boards because people quote too much... Well, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by bman
          Originally posted by The Atheist
          What I said was "I think Tyson will get silver, which is a great achievment."
          Well, you and I both know that is not what you said, but I guess I agree with your point anyway.

It seems to me like the argument from the trackshark people is that the originals here think they are smarter than the TSers, and when arguments arise this attitude comes off as worse than maybe some others would. Based on browsing the forums for the time I have I would say this is not far off.
          Not just smarter :roll: , but better.

Hmmp. :?

Comment

Some of you just don't know when to stop, do you?

Comment

I wrote that last while dashing out to dinner (in Europe, hence the time disconnect) and didn't finish my thought.

Much (most?) of the trouble that's being caused here is by (too many) members of the old guard who seem to think they have a right to trash the newbies. You do not.

Any further comments along that line will be met with extreme prejudice.

We're here to discuss track & field, not toss dung-bombs at each other.

Is this finally clear to all involved? Rest assured that if we go into Berlin with a skeletal crew of a half dozen posters, that will be fine by us.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                I wrote that last while dashing out to dinner (in Europe, hence the time disconnect) and didn't finish my thought.

Much (most?) of the trouble that's being caused here is by (too many) members of the old guard who seem to think they have a right to trash the newbies. You do not.

Any further comments along that line will be met with extreme prejudice.

We're here to discuss track & field, not toss dung-bombs at each other.

Is this finally clear to all involved? Rest assured that if we go into Berlin with a skeletal crew of a half dozen posters, that will be fine by us.
                Thank you gh!

Comment

I second that emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Much (most?) of the trouble that's being caused here is by (too many) members of the old guard who seem to think they have a right to trash the newbies.

As you have freely admitted, you have not been around the boards for some time due to your vacation. The problem has not been the "old guard", it's been the transplanted TS Jamaica vs US mob war.

Rest assured that if we go into Berlin with a skeletal crew of a half dozen posters, that will be fine by us.

Ok, fair enough.

Even though I personally haven't said word one(until now) about the level of discourse here since the demise of trackshark, I'm leaving. I would encourage ALL, and I mean everyone, of the regulars to join me in leaving this board for the duration of the World Championships, since gh feels, and has stated, the problem lies with us.

I'm sure the board will be a veritable kumbaya party in our absence, especially after the 100 and 4x1's.
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

I am neither "old' nor a "guard" but I have been around here awhile.

If anything long time members has been very tolerate of the many annoying, combative and uninformative threads that have proliferated the board of late.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                        If anything long time members has been very tolerant of the many annoying, combative and uninformative threads that have proliferated the board of late.
                        Then just ignore the lot of them. And only post and read the threads where the noise level is low.......... Ah, but you don't like cross country?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                          If anything long time members has been very toleratant of the many annoying, combative and uninformative threads that have proliferated the board of late.
                          Then just ignore the lot of them. And only post and read the threads where the noise level is low.......... Ah, but you don't like cross country?
                          I do ignore them.

My main point is that it is not the old guard causing trouble and bashing the newbies. I believe that some, but not all, of the newbies came here looking for a fight. THEN yes some oldies took the bait.

To say that the old guard "thinks it has a right to trash the newbies" is wrong and an insult to the posters who have been very loyal to this board.

Comment

To say that the old guard "thinks it has a right to trash the newbies" is wrong and an insult to the posters who have been very loyal to this board.
                            Don't waste tears on them. They're just a bunch of snooty country clubbers. Most, if not all, of them will be in Berlin in their fancy finish line seats.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Rest assured that if we go into Berlin with a skeletal crew of a half dozen posters, that will be fine by us.
                              Why would anybody want to participate here after reading this? Why not just say that you don't care if anybody participates? I am joining guru, and I am no fan of guru's....

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                                I second that emotion.
                                Me too.
                                none

Comment

Working...
                                X