Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow....TrackShark versus Track & Field News, best 2 outta 3, cage match, no holds brawl.

Why is there this assumption that it's anyone or anybody, against another?
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
      Wow....TrackShark versus Track & Field News, best 2 outta 3, cage match, no holds brawl.

Why is there this assumption that it's anyone or anybody, against another?
      Maybe cause Dad said so?

gh wrote:

Much (most?) of the trouble that's being caused here is by (too many) members of the old guard who seem to think they have a right to trash the newbies. You do not.
      phsstt!

Comment

I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but -- short of the moderators sending posters to purgatory, or deleting threads altogether -- there's only one way to settle things down, and that is for Master Po to provide one of his characteristically well-written, well-reasoned, "one the one hand, but on the other hand," "here's some historical context or data that seems interesting and illuminating" thread killing contributions.

Now, because this thread is a "sticky" it won't immediately sink like a stone; however, once I make such a contribution, it will happen. While there have, on the one hand, been exceptions to my thread-killing capacities, on the other hand, there is a lot of data somewhere in these forums to support such a claim. Moreover, were one to do some sort of rhetorical analysis of the data, one would find that no amount of erudition or experience in the TF world, or esteem on these boards, or even smacktalking skills, or heated debate or argument or passion, can stand up to the boredom that ensues from one of my posts. As I do with my students, I have the capacity to render people thoughtless and speechless.

So, don't consider yourself warned -- consider yourself bored. If you don't settle down, I'll come back here and bore you again. I don't like having to do this, but in the name of peace and unity on the eve of the WCs, I will be so boring that you won't have the energy to argue.

Comment

Thank you Master Po. I personally appreciate your contribution :-)

Let's all be bored for another day or two. Previews will start getting mailed later today.

Comment

Maybe this hasn't occurred to folks but the two guys who do most of the moderating around here are surprisingly busy at the moment with higher priorities.

If people have issues with a post please PM me with the issue AND include the a direct link to the post or the text of the post.

Thanks,

The Management

PS- I hope people here are following our Twitter and FaceBook feeds. Lots of good stuff going on all over.

Comment

Working...
            X