Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Christine Ohuruogu vows to prove doubters wrong

http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/at...doubters-wrong

I wasn't even going to pick her for a medal....might rethink that..... :lol:

Comment

She's crawled out of the woodwork so many times now, you'd think she had some roach in her (ugh, that was an unintendedly ugly analogy), but I just don't think she can pull it off again this time. But maybe . . .

Comment

she won't even make the final this year.. not her year...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlur
          she won't even make the final this year.. not her year...
          I'm sure she will make the final. She might not win the title but I'll be very surprised if she fails to make the final.
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

this is the year sanya proves her detractors wrong... just wait and see. all props to ohuruogu for being oly and world champ, but sanya will triumph in berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
              this is the year sanya proves her detractors wrong... just wait and see. all props to ohuruogu for being oly and world champ, but sanya will triumph in berlin.
              I am with you cacique.

Comment

I too think this year will finally be Sanya's but foolish is the athlete who writes off The Big O at ANY championships...

Comment

lol didn't they learn from osaka and beijing. Christine was in terrible form heading into both championships, then she walked away with gold. Trust me don't write her off

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
                    I too think this year will finally be Sanya's but foolish is the athlete who writes off The Big O at ANY championships...
                    SR is never going to be a lock in a championship given her condition, at least from the perspective of the average interested fan because we are not going to know the true details. There are too many others that can step up if SR is having a so-so day or runs a poorly structured race.

Comment

She certainly is coming in to the WC pretty much the way she came into Beijing and Osaka. The question isn't whether she can medal but whether Richards will run 100% in the final. In which case no-one will beat her.

Comment

I just think SR looks to be running her 400m races so different in comparison to before, if she keeps calm and doesn't let nerves get the better of her, we won't be seeing her blast through the first 200m and dying, but rather being controlled and pulling away.

I am not writing CO out though, she will make the final i am sure, and she is still in my picks for a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                          She certainly is coming in to the WC pretty much the way she came into Beijing and Osaka.
                          If your "she" is referring to Sanya, in Osaka, of course, she was not even entered in the 400, having finished 4th in the NC/WC trials. In the 200, she ran 22.31 in the quarters and went downhill from there. I would say she looks better this year than last.

If you are referring to Christine, "never mind".
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank
                            Originally posted by jeremyp
                            She certainly is coming in to the WC pretty much the way she came into Beijing and Osaka.
                            If your "she" is referring to Sanya, in Osaka, of course, she was not even entered in the 400, having finished 4th in the NC/WC trials. In the 200, she ran 22.31 in the quarters and went downhill from there. I would say she looks better this year than last.

If you are referring to Christine, "never mind".
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank
                            Woodland, CA
                            of coure they're talking about TBO :?
                            i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Top_end_speed
                              lol didn't they learn from osaka and beijing. Christine was in terrible form heading into both championships, then she walked away with gold. Trust me don't write her off
                              Christine's form was far from terrible going into Osaka - she ran a 50.2. Going into Beijing she 'only' ran a 50.8 but that was on the slow Crystal Palace track (IIRR it was also quite windy). I'm worried about her this year. On the plus side, she has more basic speed than before but I wonder if by slimming down she has lost some strength/endurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X