Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt1
    replied
    I've probably missed the previous discussions.

Not against the Afghan girl running 18secs, just don't necessarily want to see it at the World Championships. I am all for inclusion (without patronage), but I feel the world champs should be for the best athletes in the events.

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    oh boy, must you ressurrect such an old topic? this has been discussed ad nauseam many times.

just one question: why do you think it's called the WORLD championships????? and why are you against the poor afghan girl who can only run the 100 m in 18 sec.?

Leave a comment:

• Matt1
    replied
    Had a quick look - we have an 11 secs 100m sprinter, a 23 secs 200 athlete, and two 800 athletes outside 1:52, all in the mens events. That was just on the first couple of pages.

Should these athletes be allowed to compete in the world championships - when some of the world's leaders in those events cannot participate? Should the smaller nations attend GPs, maybe, and leave the world championships to the people that have met the qualifying standards or are maybe in the worlds top ten but there are three from their own country that have already qualified?

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by rasb
    These are with the proviso that there are 4 entered in some of these events by a few Countries, so the final start numbers will be down a bit.
    Not too many. In the six sprints a total of 18 alternates (three/event) is listed.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by cacique
    Originally posted by Peter Michaelson
    Looks like Switzerland is very confident in the men't 4 x 100. They are only sending their "B" team according to the entry list. Maybe the "A" team is going to the Galactics or another meet with more prestige than the Worlds.
    i think that's just the listing in terms of which team achieved a qualifying result. note also that there's a canada red. the B part means nothing in this context.
    Yeah, we are just sending the "red" team, not the "white" team. We wanted to give the yanks and the 'maicans a chance...

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Michaelson
    Looks like Switzerland is very confident in the men't 4 x 100. They are only sending their "B" team according to the entry list. Maybe the "A" team is going to the Galactics or another meet with more prestige than the Worlds.
    i think that's just the listing in terms of which team achieved a qualifying result. note also that there's a canada red. the B part means nothing in this context.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    [quote=guruof track]
    Originally posted by "texas_speed":34j2ebd9
    Could just be seeing a Dr. but his facebook page last night said he was packing for a flight to Berlin....
    He is definitetly in Germany as we speak. He also has attended some relay camps, FYI.
    He did have surgery as DO said, but I think he recovered MUCH better from that one then the last surgery.
    With that said I don't expect to see him run.[/quote:34j2ebd9]
    I agree. Thanks for the information.

Will "X-man" run in Europe after WCh?

Why is Ivory Williams not the alternate? He was fourth at USAT&F and ran six races in Europe. Was he injured?

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Ok gotcha. Yeah that's why I was confused. Cottbus was THE relay camp.

There was London but that was another failed attempt at "mandatory" camp that wasn't really mandatory.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Not trying to beat a dead horse...just trying to understand.

All the relayists were in Berlin, bused to Cottbus for the meet and then back to Berlin.

You're saying he was in Cottbus at relay camp and was flying to Berlin last night?
    I think we are on two different wave lengths. He just got to Berlin. Maybe I'm speaking of something totally different.

He was not at the Cottbus meet sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Not trying to beat a dead horse...just trying to understand.

All the relayists were in Berlin, bused to Cottbus for the meet and then back to Berlin.

You're saying he was in Cottbus at relay camp and was flying to Berlin last night?

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    [quote=texas_speed][quote="guruof track":hol9ymy0]
    Originally posted by "texas_speed":hol9ymy0
    Could just be seeing a Dr. but his facebook page last night said he was packing for a flight to Berlin....
    He is definitetly in Germany as we speak. He also has attended some relay camps, FYI.

He did have surgery as DO said, but I think he recovered MUCH better from that one then the last surgery.

With that said I don't expect to see him run.[/quote:hol9ymy0]Define "has atteneded some relay camps" if you don't mind.

The ONLY relay camp started on the 6th...[/quote:hol9ymy0]

He was present at the camps. I am 100% positive of this, what his participation was, I'm not sure of.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    [quote=guruof track]
    Originally posted by "texas_speed":35ybbxok

With that said I don't expect to see him run.[/quote:35ybbxok]Define "has atteneded some relay camps" if you don't mind.

The ONLY relay camp started on the 6th...

Leave a comment:

• Peter Michaelson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed

With that said I don't expect to see him run.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X