Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track on TV

We live in a society with a shrinking attention span. We want to be entertained NOW! I know people stop their remotes on T&F meets but slowly lose interest when they start hearing a story about Billy’s little sister's friend... Show us who is competing... show the race... show me the results.... THEN MOVE ON TO THE NEXT RACE! Am I wrong?

Re: track on TV

I agree totally, but there also needs to be more respect for the field events. On all of the televised golden spike tour meets so far, there have been TWO (2!!!!!) throws total that have been shown. Where is the love?
    I'm looking forward to USATF indoor champs tomorrow night because there should be at least a recap of the throwing events.

Comment

My family is a "Neilsen family" this week. So if you have ever wished t&f on TV got better ratings, I can assure you that with me watching USATF this weekend, there will be at least one Neilsen householding registering track in its diary. I doubt I'll make much of a dent overall, but it's a moral victory, at least.
      "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Speaking of my TV-watching this week, as I type this I'm watching Kendra Wecker (big javelin star for Kansas State) play against my Lady Longhorns in basketball. She shoots hoops about as well as she throws the spear.
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

There are so many things they can do, but they (TV decision makers) are mortified of stretching the creative envelope. When they changed they way the covered poker (stretched the envelope) - KABOOM! - there was an explosion of poker which has spread like wildfire and continues to explode. All it takes is a little daring, a little imagination, and results will be obtained. But, unfortunately, TV decision makers are about as bold as a new born lamb.

Comment

Working...
          X