Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pappas sets Thorpe Cup record in Decathlon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pappas sets Thorpe Cup record in Decathlon.

Final score: 8569. Included a 51+ meter disc. If not for that 5:00 flat 1500, his score might really be something. Looks like quite a good warm-up meet for Talance. Places him #2 in world and top American, surpassing Trey Hardee's 8516 at the US champs.

http://www.zehnkampfteam.de/news/tc-2009-tag-2.html

best score since Götzis '04

Comment

And he's not competing Berlin... he would earn a medal with these points

OK...I honestly believe that the system of qualification this way, only deprive USA of medals such as some athletes may have an injury problem then.... Think of Fountain who after her DNF made a LJ of 6,80m. i think and very good hurdles, the same with Pappas and Clay, Jesse Williams etc.....

Comment

um...... Fountain leaped 6.89 and 6.95w

Originally posted by xygo
        And he's not competing Berlin... he would earn a medal with these points

OK...I honestly believe that the system of qualification this way, only deprive USA of medals such as some athletes may have an injury problem then.... Think of Fountain who after her DNF made a LJ of 6,80m. i think and very good hurdles, the same with Pappas and Clay, Jesse Williams etc.....

Comment

I love Ennis - and I'm sick with anticipation that she might actually win next weekend - but I would have loved to have seen Fountain there, too. You want to beat the best competition around. Simple.

Comment

Hopefully TP will continue actively until the next OG - he would be 36 then - and stay healthy! There are not many potential OG medalists for 2012 & he would have a great chance to make the team. Really just Clay (if he does not retire), Eaton, Hardee, and possibly Beach (although that may be rushing things for him), and hopefully at least one new developing talent. Of course I mean medalists in the US!

Comment

Working...
            X