Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West coast peeps- are you staying up all night?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West coast peeps- are you staying up all night?

So most of the qualifying rounds take place at 1am- 4am PST.

The afternoon session starts at a much more civil 9am.

Show of hands-how many of you are staying up/getting up for the morning sessions?

I don't think I will. Okay maybe for the men's 800m. 8-)

This reminds me of all those happy memories this time last year when I used to wake up at 1.45am to watch the Olympic Games with a flask of coffee from my bed
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
      This reminds me of all those happy memories this time last year when I used to wake up at 1.45am to watch the Olympic Games with a flask of coffee from my bed
      I can still remember the early mornings in 1988. But it was worth it.

Comment

Are either of you on the west coast of North America?

I think not! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
          We're just showing some empathy. :roll:

Comment

I'll have to get by with tape-delayed broadcasts.

Comment

If I can find a good live broadcast stream I will probably stay up... I did for both Beijing and Osaka...

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                Are either of you on the west coast of North America?

So Mojo, my fellow Pacific Islander, where will it be shown if one was to get up very early to watch the morning sessions?
                I doubt we will be lucky enough to get the feed on OLN, which got me up very early (but not so bright), on virtually every morning of the Tour.
                And my ultra-slow comp. speed isn't worth watching, unless one wants to catch 1 frame every 10 seconds or so.
                So is there somewhere else? The morning sessions won't be on CBC live, will they?

Comment

Same as Beijing. If I find a good stream, I'll send it to anyone who wants it. Can't put it on the forum. NBC got real gangsta in taking down a lot of streams across the internet. I felt like I was peddling a hot item off the black market. :?
                  http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

All the sites I know of are on the internet.
                    CBC or channelsurfing are my choices I think.

CBC TV is only showing an hour or so on each of the weekends.
                    I miss the good old coverage.......

I really do appreciate the empathy Daisy.......you know us women and our moods...... :wink: :P

Comment

Originally posted by JWiz
                      Same as Beijing. If I find a good stream, I'll send it to anyone who wants it. Can't put it on the forum. NBC got real gangsta in taking down a lot of streams across the internet. I felt like I was peddling a hot item off the black market. :?
                      I believe NBC's "going gangsta" was a legitmate attempt to stop the stealing of their property.

If you don't believe in property rights, then perhaps you won't mind posting your street address here, and while you're playing pirate we can just wander by and help ourselves to a few knick-knacks off your shelves that catch our fancy!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        I believe NBC's "going gangsta" was a legitmate attempt to stop the stealing of their property.
                        I believe treating a world event like the Olympics as their property is like treating the moon as their property.
                        If you don't believe in property rights, then perhaps you won't mind posting your street address here, and while you're playing pirate we can just wander by and help ourselves to a few knick-knacks off your shelves that catch our fancy!
                        Anybody who believes that property rights should be applicable to everything without exception should be OK with having a big corporation buying up the rights to the air in and above their city and charging the people to breathe it.

Comment

Originally posted by sprintblox
                          Anybody who believes that property rights should be applicable to everything without exception should be OK with having a big corporation buying up the rights to the air in and above their city and charging the people to breathe it.
                          This like the 'turtles all the way down' -- who had the property rights to sell them the rights to the air?

Comment

It depends on which events are on. I haven't actually looked at the schedule yet.

Comment

For the Left Coasters in the "States" (as those Canucks call it), it appears that Universal Sports will be showing live coverage. Or rather, it will be showing tape-delayed "live" coverage, which seems to follow 3 hours after the East Coast run.

Comment

Working...
                              X