Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonel Suarez

While I certainly want Hardee to win (Eaton or Arnold will suffice), does anyone else besides me think that Suarez is an exceptional talent. His 8600+ PR at age 21 is awfully good and he does not seem to have a weak event. I realize multis dont get much coverage but it seems like he really flies under the radar. Anybody with more knowledge than me (not too tough to know more than me) have any thoughts on him? Think he will win? Thanks in advance.

Mega talent for sure, has worked hard to improve his weaker events (400 and 1500m).

His javelin is monstrous!!!!!!! Was only a few points off silver last year and with no Clay you could argue he is favourite this time round!!!

I will certainly be cheering for him!!!!

Comment

His jav performance could make all the difference. If he gets a monster throw (something he is certainly capable of) then he should win.

If he has a poor jav (and with that event anything is possible) then it will be a battle between him and Hardee IMHO.

This another event I go back and forth on who to predict will get gold. :?

Comment

He's the clear fave in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Just figured out their best possible "score" using all their PB's and, surprisingly, Hardees is a little more than 100 points ahead. Not that it means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tvarish
            Originally posted by gh
            Just figured out their best possible "score" using all their PB's and, surprisingly, Hardees is a little more than 100 points ahead. Not that it means anything.
            Hardee has had certain injury issues, especially to a hand, that have prevented him from reaching what would otherwise have been 8700 or so by now--so it's not surprising his PR score is that high. All I know of Suarez is his stats and age and that's plenty enough to make him the favorite in my book, because I don't think Hardee has yet gotten back to where he would have been had he gone injury free--not that any multi athlete ever goes injury-free.

If I had to pick one country that produces the best athletes in the world, per capita, it would be Cuba. About time they have a couple of deca threats.

Comment

It occurred to me that Suarez's strengths are much like Curtis Beach's, Suarez being older of course. Two exceptions: I don't think Beach will ever be the JT thrower that Suarez is, although I think he will be solid in that event, and I don't think Suarez will ever be as good at the 1500m as Beach is, and will be.
              Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
              X