Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶'09 WC mLJ: Dwight Phillips (US) 28-¼ (8.54)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gm
    And a wonderful 8.30 for Rutherford! Some good jumping early on.
    "National" Record for GB.

Comment

What's going on with Pate? TSATOUMAS? Is Johnson in?

Comment

Bayer is out!!!!!!

Comment

Bayer is out. His third jump looked to be right on the 8.15 line, but it was a foul
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

The track gods mock us!!!! :x

This was supposed to be THE LJ Competition. Maybe as big as '91. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
              Bayer is out. His third jump looked to be right on the 8.15 line, but it was a foul
              Pressure of jumping in front of the home fans in a meet of this magnitude.
              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                Originally posted by Dietmar239
                After seeing his first jump, I don't think it's premature to say that Phillips could be in 29' form.
                Definitely looks like he could be. but I think Salidino will respond accordingly.
                I do hope so. This is a marquee event and they should do Jesse Owens proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                  No, he is still injured. If it wasn't the WCH, he would have never competed, also got a shot before the meet.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    No, he is still injured.
                    Not saying that wouldn't impact his performance, I'm speaking more about the foul, at times fouling is an indication of being a little to juiced up on your approach.
                    on the road

Comment

Only four athletes have reached the qualification standard ... ouch.

Comment

Tsatoumas just scraped through with 8.01 in 12th place. Two other guys jumped the same distance but didn't make it.

Comment

I don't know...I never get this. All of these guys have apparently jumped 8.10 or better. Many of them have been over 8.30m! And then they struggle for 8m????

Does anyone have an explanation? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by Novianv2
                            I don't know...I never get this. All of these guys have apparently jumped 8.10 or better. Many of them have been over 8.30m! And then they struggle for 8m????

Maybe just battling to get on the podium and the pressure from that. The forgone conclusion is that Dwight and Irving are a lock for 1 and 2nd.
                            on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Novianv2

A lot of them can jump far once or twice per season, but in any given competition, the probability they'll hit that big jump isn't all that high. Especially when they've only got 3 attempts.

Comment

Tsatoumas just scraped through with 8.01 in 12th place. Two other guys jumped the same distance but didn't make it.
                                Tommi Evilä was one of them. He had another jump around Tsatoumas' 2nd best that was ruled a very narrow foul. Finnish TV showed a picture of his foot on the takeoff board versus another (unnamed) foot on the takeoff board - both apparently over/not over the line by exactly the same amount, only the other foot had been declared legal... @£/(&"#/&7"&%#&%"&¤%/#%)(¤#&¤!

Comment

Working...
                                X