Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhall
    Check your stats. Majewski threw 21.91 last night.
    apologies

i switched over channels after his 21.68 & didn't come back until last round & still thought that was his best

21.91 is worthy of a win

Comment

Originally posted by 3
      I am confused
      very obviously

the mentality of american shotputters is same as that of the sprinters - anything other than bringing back gold is utter failure ( unless sprinters are in era of a 9.6 guy )

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
        i switched over channels after his 21.68 & didn't come back until last round & still thought that was his best
        Mr. "eldrick", that is odd, because you responded to a post 2 minutes after a person pasted in the results.
        Fire Impossible.

Comment

the mentality of american shotputters is same as that of the sprinters - anything other than bringing back gold is utter failure ( unless sprinters are in era of a 9.6 guy )
          Mr. "eldrick", can you please provide a point of reference for this from any of the spot 2 and 3 finishers who happened to be American?
          Fire Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by 3
            Mr. "eldrick", that is odd, because you responded to a post 2 minutes after a person pasted in the results.
            i didn't go back to check it once cantwell had won - wasn't interested in checking results after he'd got gold with big throw

Comment

Originally posted by 3
              Mr. "eldrick", can you please provide a point of reference for this from any of the spot 2 and 3 finishers who happened to be American?
              i suggest you stop asking stupid questions

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/2 ... 940496.htm

Cantwell regarded his winning a silver as a failure. He said, "I feel terrible, sorry about what I did."

"Although I felt no pressure from the competition, that (the silver) is not what I expected," he said. "I thought I could win."

Comment

Mr. "eldrick", that's fair enough. It wouldn't be easy to see *21.91 Tomasz.... closing in on 22meters...* hanging by a banner all by itself in the middle of the posting stream as poster "knockout" put up.

Eureka, Mr. "eldrick". Have you more quotes to support your assertion? Certainly one may not draw such conclusions based on one particular athlete's expectations. In particular, Mr. "eldrick", I'd like to see one from the world championships, not the Olympics, which has a greater expectation.
                Fire Impossible.

Comment

you are talking nonsense

cantwell described peking as a failure - can you not read & comprehend ?

silver here woud be again failure on a fractionally lesser scale ( albeit losing to 21.91 isn't failure )

Comment

nelson's failure in athens :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/o ... putrun.ap/

Though it was his second Olympic medal, Nelson considered his day a failure -- and well-wishers offered condolences instead of congratulations.

"When you compete at the level that I aspire to compete at, there's nothing but the best you shoot for.
                    there has been little "failure" in wc to discuss, as americans have won 7 out of last 8 prior to yesterday

Comment

• Mr. "eldrick", thank you for asking.

I'm waiting for a true response to the assertion that Americans, if they don't finish in first place, consider themselves having failed. So far you've provided two examples from the Olympics, where "failure" truly is defined. However, given the brief exchanges I have had with you here --- and those I have read between you and others --- I shouldn't expect to receive a straight answer, unfortunately. Americans may have won 7/8 of the previous championships, but there were also 4 other championships to consider as well.

Any word from Randy Barnes on his *failure*?

You've not given credence to this claim, either: *given the recent history of the event, if he keeps winning with mid/high 21s, he's likely to be regarded as a default champ due to a lull in american throwing*

Can you please provide the source of that *likelihood" since you were unable to provide solid evidence that there was a lull in American throwing? Would those likely to regard Mr. Majewski a default champ be those same people who like to armchair quarterback during these events?
                      Fire Impossible.

Comment

• i've posted americans stating failure in last 2 ogs

if that isn't sufficient evidence of it for you, then i'm afraid i can't help your "comprehension handicap"

Comment

• Unfortunately, Mr. "eldrick", this has turned into a spectacle and no longer a debate. The Olympics epitomise the conscious ideal of perfection; the world championships don't. One loses on the grandest of stages in the Olympics; one only waits 2 years to try again in the world championships.

I wish to provide others time to actually discuss the win, silver and bronze on their own terms, and not those defined by the two pages off course which this conversation has now veered.
                          Fire Impossible.

Comment

• you are offering nothing

scurry off & don't waste my time

Comment

• Eldrick, don't be a slow learner: read the first post in this thread and then think twice before insulting anybody again (ever).

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... hp?t=36910

Comment

• Eldy, do me a personal favor, please. Don't get yourself banned again just because your 'passion' for the sport is so great. Pretend these posters are a pretty girl that you are on your third date with and turn on the CHARM, which I saw in abundance in London!!!!! Please?

Comment

Working...
                                X