Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶'09 WC mJT: Andreas Thorkildsen (Norway) 293-11 (89.59)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'09 WC mJT: Andreas Thorkildsen (Norway) 293-11 (89.59)

THE FORMCHART
    1. Andreas Thorkildsen (Norway) ....91.59 .....300-6 (’06)
    2. Tero Pitkämäki (Finland) ...............91.53 .....300-3 (’05)
    3. Teemu Wirkkala (Finland) .............84.68....277-10 (’09)
    4. Vadims Vasievskis (Latvia) ..........90.73 .....297-8 (’07)
    5. Mark Frank (Germany) ..................84.88 .....278-5 (’05)
    6. Igor Janik (Poland) ........................84.76 .....278-0 (’08)
    7. Ainars Kovals (Latvia) ...................86.64 .....284-3 (’08)
    8. Sergey Makarov (Russia) .............92.61....303-10 (’02)
    9. Ari Mannio (Finland) ......................85.70 .....281-2 (’09)
    10. Guillermo Martinez (Cuba) .........87.17 .....286-0 (’06)

Ari Mannio isn't competing, he's our 5th guy. Throw in Ruuskanen or Pyatnytsya instead.

Comment

Hoping for Vasilevskis to show what hes capable of!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin-dave
        Hoping for Vasilevskis to show what hes capable of!
        I wouldn't mind that as long as Thorkildsen is capable of more. He usually is

Comment

And I won't mind if they both do what they're capable of, as long as they don't medal. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
            And I won't mind if they both do what they're capable of, as long as they don't medal. :wink:
            You're not happy with 2 medals for the brave sons of Suomi? :wink:

Comment

Actually I probably will be, as long as one is gold. But currently it seems all our guys have potential peaks in pretty much the same area, so if one can grab gold, it logically follows that another two can grab silver and bronze.

Comment

A male Polyanna: Happy with whatever modest breadcrumbs
                fate blows his way...

Comment

Looking at the surprise start to this week, maybe you have some hope. For a top twenty placing.

Comment

OK Pitkämäki is ill with 38+°C. Even if he does manage to compete I guess I'll now be satisfied even with just 1 medal, as long as it's gold. :wink:

Comment

where did you find out that he is ill??

Comment

It's all over Finnish media. During the WC he's quite possibly the single most followed person in Finland, things like this get a lot of attention...

By the way official statement said he's still ill but going to compete in the qualification this evening all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                          It's all over Finnish media. During the WC he's quite possibly the single most followed person in Finland, things like this gain a lot of attention...

By the way official statement said he's still ill but going to compete in the qualification this evening all the same.
                          All over Norwegian papers too. He's isolated from the rest of the Finnish team.
                          Good thing it's only the Q-rounds coming up. 82meters and back to bed! Should be fine by Sunday.

Comment

Järvenpää hasn't really been solid this year, with all the injuries and illnesses to recover from (only one non-foul eighty plus all year I think) but it will still be a disappointment if we don't get all four guys into the final. I hope (but doubt) at least some of the Estonians also make the final... and good luck Jonas Lohse too, you'll need it.

Comment

Only Murakami and Martinez have reached the qualification standard of 82.00m in Group A, Pitkämäki and Thorkildsen should also be in despite not being able to throw for more than 81.65m, respectively 80.37m though.

Kovals and Järvenpää are on the bubble, I don't think Makarov as 7th with 78.68 will stick.

Comment

Working...
                              X