Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2009 WC wJT: Steffi Nerius (Germany) 220-9 (67.30)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpaule
    replied
    Am I the only one who missed Leryn Franco, from Paraguay! :cry:

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    Medal Ceremony is on now.

The Russin is kinda hot, cleaned up nice for the Ceremony.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    1 448 Steffi Nerius GER 67.30 (SB)
    2 282 Barbora Špotáková CZE 66.42
    3 774 Maria Abakumova RUS 66.06
    4 766 Monica Stoian ROU 64.51 (PB)
    5 450 Christina Obergföll GER 64.34
    6 456 Linda Stahl GER 63.23
    7 271 Olisdeilys Menéndez CUB 63.11 (SB)
    8 466 Sávva Líka GRE 60.29
    9 948 Vira Rebryk UKR 58.25
    10 760 Maria Nicoleta Negoita ROU 57.65
    11 855 Martina Ratej SLO 57.57
    12 1043 Rachel Yurkovich USA 51.15

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Re: wJT

Originally posted by huntinwr
    Anyone know if Yurkovich made the final three throws?
    Nope. While it was a minor miracle that she made the final, her performance in the final was sub-standard. Her best throw was only around 51 meters and she finished 12th of 12. I'm happy she had the opportunity to compete in a WC final; she's young and there's a lot to build upon.

Leave a comment:

• croflash
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    In a post-championship interview, Nerius confirmed she will be retiring at the end of the season. I thought she could still keep going for a while, but I suppose there is no better way to go out.
    She also said 70m was a still a goal, but retiring with a world championship under your belt is the best way to go out. She has also had injury problems in the past, even this week and at age 37 you can't ask for more.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    In a post-championship interview, Nerius confirmed she will be retiring at the end of the season. I thought she could still keep going for a while, but I suppose there is no better way to go out.

Leave a comment:

• lalala
    replied

She didn't make the 1990 WJC team, I'm not sure where else she could have represented her country that year.
    Who knows- the GDR often liked a junior international meet...maybe there. I have no evidence, just a thought...

Besides, didn't she represent the GDR at Volleyball? There you go, that counts :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by lalala
    Not necessarily at a championships, but I'd imagine she did at some junior meets somewhere...
    She didn't make the 1990 WJC team, I'm not sure where else she could have represented her country that year.

Leave a comment:

• lalala
    replied
    She must also be the last time a woman who competed under the colours of the GDR will take a medal at the championships...
    That was my initial thought, but after checking it, I think she didn't.
    Not necessarily at a championships, but I'd imagine she did at some junior meets somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• SantaCruz
    replied
    Now Germany has a least one WC gold medal in every throwing event, except men's shot put.

Leave a comment:

• gruber
    replied
    xxx

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    She must also be the last time a woman who competed under the colours of the GDR will take a medal at the championships...
    That was my initial thought, but after checking it, I think she didn't.

Leave a comment:

• lalala
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Long time coming... At 37, after a string of minor medals, she finally won a global title! And to do this in front of her home audience... I have to say I'm really happy for her. She deserved it just for her persistance.

Leave a comment:

• Neville L.
    replied
    Couldn't be anyone more deserving.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X