Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶'09 WC wHT: Anita Wlodarczyk (Poland) 255-9 (77.96)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Gibbs
    replied
    Should not moan about the coverage, but seriously I thought we had the best coverage in the world with Dave Culbert various members of the and coaching staff in the commentry box, and that was before 2008 when we had our best performance siince 1968.

After that what happens we get, the BBC feed spiced up with our own interviews (not bad) but a big let down on what it was....very sad..

I knew Heidler had done well as when they did the Hooker interview, I could see a fullish stadium with Betty and Mascot doing the rounds, really enjoying the crowd..

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    [quote="Terry Gibbs"]Our TV coverage had Heidler and the winner in the first three rounds then nothing as every time they switched to Hammer we were doing interviews with Hooker and Mitchell. By the end of the broadcast I had no idea who had one. quote]

you got more than we did. NBC showed the WR throw, and that was it.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    The bad news is that WÅ‚odarczyk's injury is worse than initially thought. It is now believed she will have to miss the rest of the season and undergo surgery :?

The good news is she may go back to Czesław Cybulski, the coach whom she left shortly before the WCh. He may not be the easiest person to work with, but if he took her from 63 meters to 77.96 in 3 years, he was obviously doing something right.

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Originally posted by Grazerism
    Another Kathrin Klaas note: She is German but speaks excellent English. I twice lip-read a very clear (English) F-word!
    I'd feel pretty annoyed about getting shunted out of a medal by a convicted drug cheat too. :x
    Sanctimonious attitude does not suit you. That was 4 years ago. She sat out 2 years. Let's not start this "life ban" nonsense again.
    Well I'm sorry but I get absolutely no pleasure in watching people like Hrasnova and Lysenko compete without an ounce of guilt.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Another Kathrin Klaas note: She is German but speaks excellent English. I twice lip-read a very clear (English) F-word!
    I'd feel pretty annoyed about getting shunted out of a medal by a convicted drug cheat too. :x
    Sanctimonious attitude does not suit you. That was 4 years ago. She sat out 2 years. Let's not start this "life ban" nonsense again.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by knockout
    i bet she wishes it was a few years ago, the eastern european currencies have shot up in value in recent years!!!!
    But she must be happy it's not last year, when the exchange rate was just 2 zloty to a dollar.

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Grazerism
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Terry Gibbs
    replied
    Our TV coverage had Heidler and the winner in the first three rounds then nothing as every time they switched to Hammer we were doing interviews with Hooker and Mitchell. By the end of the broadcast I had no idea who had one.

Can anyone pull off a DVD copy for me, have other comps to trade or will happily pay cash...what a comp to get squeezed out of..

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    1 731 Anita Wlodarczyk POL 77.96 (WR)
    2 432 Betty Heidler GER 77.12 (NR)
    3 879 Martina Hrasnová SVK 74.79
    4 435 Kathrin Klaas GER 74.23 (PB)
    5 231 Wenxiu Zhang CHN 72.57
    6 810 Tatyana Lysenko RUS 72.22
    7 978 Jessica Cosby USA 72.17
    8 502 Clarissa Claretti ITA 71.56
    9 353 Stéphanie Falzon FRA 71.40
    10 202 Sultana Frizell CAN 70.88
    11 973 Amber Campbell USA 70.08
    12 368 Manuela Montebrun FRA 69.92

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Her post-event "victory" lap was a delight. The crowd ate her up.

Leave a comment:

• Grazerism
    replied
    BTW Kathrin Klaas had a 75+ in quali that was just BARELY a foul (toe just touched edge). Great PB in final.

And loved watching Betty Heidler have so much fun! She used to be such a bundle of nerves. In this competition, even though she had a huge (WR) mountain to climb, she was smiling at the camera before every throw, and really enjoying each result.

Leave a comment:

• knockout
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    thats a lot of zloty :-)
    Only about 460k at the current rate
    i bet she wishes it was a few years ago, the eastern european currencies have shot up in value in recent years!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Only about 460k at the current rate

Leave a comment:

• knockout
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by pela2
    Wlodarczyk obviously twisted her ankle when celebrating her WR. :?
    She'll probably feel $160k is enough of a compensation for the injury

Leave a comment:

Working...
X