X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by ILoveTrack

Where is guru (not guruoftrack)? Little did he know he would be prophetic when he wrote in jest:

Gleason, Gleason. I'm disappointed in you. Don't you know that 11.49 / 50.+ in July is the universal formula for 21.7 / 48.x in August?

Everything is right on schedule per Bobby. Relax.
    I guess Bobby's schedule wasn't too bad after all?
    Originally posted by trackdaddy
    [email protected]

guru's sarcasm indeed proved prophetic :lol:

What's your point ILoveTrack?

Seems I was dead right, unless I missed that 21.7 or sub-49 from Felix(including relay splits).

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good chuckle.

Leave a comment:

• unclezadok
    replied
    It occurred to me that the USA could have qualified for the final with a 12-year-old (Raevyn Rogers) running. Sanya might have had to work harder though.

Leave a comment:

• ChuiTai
    replied
    Re: The Russian Women's Sprint Corp

All will be quiet until the next meeting at Tula before a major! IMO, there were some dubious choices that were made prior to their arrival in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• nbonaddio
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    [email protected]

Daisy...I love when people decide they're going to "show people" by no longer posting on a message board.

However will we get by? :roll:
    Not to re-hash old fights, but speaking as someone who posted about 10x on TS than on here, guru as he has written is 100% right. A lot of the back and forth bickering and posturing that made TS what it was is exactly what made this board suddenly so difficult to handle. When both sites were in existence, interested pundits could which style of discourse they wanted, and by and large everyone was happy to separate on this opinion. But this isn't TS and now isn't back then; for the sake of keeping things civil, I find myself wishing a lot of my old TS friends would adopt a more sensible and mature level of discourse.

Reverse the playing field. What if a horde of people suddenly came on TS, overwhelmed us with numbers, and starting talking about NASCAR? We would be livid. We'd have no right to be in one respect since it's a free board that anyone can join, but we'd feel angry becase TS is *our* site and it's become a part of our lives, a place where we discuss things we're passionate about. I do not for a second find fault in the response of some of the T&FN old guard.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Daisy...I love when people decide they're going to "show people" by no longer posting on a message board.

Don't worry, i think it was only a respite for the world championships.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by ILoveTrack
    Where is guru (not guruoftrack)?
    I think he retired from the board.

Leave a comment:

• ILoveTrack
    replied
    Oh yeah Speed.

Even if it had been close going into anchor (which it wasnt because Allyson blew it open), Sanya split two seconds faster than the other anchor legs and it would've been a runaway anyway.

Did you notice that most of the Jamaican posters were picking Russia to beat the US too?

And where's T&F LA?

Joker was starting anti US/Sanya/Allyson threads left and right a week ago. :lol:
    Where is guru (not guruoftrack)? Little did he know he would be prophetic when he wrote in jest:

Gleason, Gleason. I'm disappointed in you. Don't you know that 11.49 / 50.+ in July is the universal formula for 21.7 / 48.x in August?

Everything is right on schedule per Bobby. Relax.
    I guess Bobby's schedule wasn't too bad after all?

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    If I remember correctly, all that talk evaporated (at least from people with brains) the minute Felix popped the sub-22 in Stockholm. Before that, the dialogue made sense.
    Exactly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I posted a comparison last week which suggested USA had it in the bag, BUT based on how close RUS and USA were last year, and that AK49 appeared, and Allyson was running 11.3x(?) it was a fair shout

Slight tangent, but was anyone else a little deflated by Demus' leg? I guess it was because of being on her own and not chasing, but I expected more than 50.14, tbh

As someone said on the men's thread - there aren't too many great time triallers at the moment - it would appear Clyde coaches two of them. Coincidence or training?

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Taliban
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    IMO, some folks were underestimating the U.S. relay and overestimating the Russian relay. All the talk about Russia winning or it being close.
    For Real??? I'm glad I missed that, wtf were they smoking?
    LOL.....

I know right, it was a few stating that, this was before LaShinda was going to run. If the U.S. runners are pushed more, they may have gotten close to the world record.

Leave a comment:

• Taliban
    replied
    IMO, some folks were underestimating the U.S. relay and overestimating the Russian relay. All the talk about Russia winning or it being close.
    For Real??? I'm glad I missed that, wtf were they smoking?

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Oh yeah Speed.

Even if it had been close going into anchor (which it wasnt because Allyson blew it open), Sanya split two seconds faster than the other anchor legs and it would've been a runaway anyway.

Did you notice that most of the Jamaican posters were picking Russia to beat the US too?

And where's T&F LA?

Joker was starting anti US/Sanya/Allyson threads left and right a week ago. :lol:
    Yeah TD....I would've loved to have seen Sanya run with someone, like Allyson did, so very briefly however..LOL

Sanya would've smoked any and every anchor challenge and it would've been interesting to have seen THAT splt.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    If I remember correctly, all that talk evaporated (at least from people with brains) the minute Felix popped the sub-22 in Stockholm. Before that, the dialogue made sense.

(we also couldn't guess at that point that the Russian women would, in general, be chronic underachievers in Berlin)

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Oh yeah Speed.

And where's T&F LA?

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X