Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'09 WC wMarathon: Xue Bai (China) 2:25:15

THE FORMCHART
    1. Paula Radcliffe (Great Britain).....2:15:25 (’03)
    2. Chunxiu Zhou (China) ..................2:19:51 (’06)
    3. Kara Goucher (USA) .....................2:25:53 (’08)
    4. Yoko Shibui (Japan) ......................2:19:41 (’04)
    5. Aselefech Mergia (Ethiopia) .....2:25:02 (’09)
    6. Martha Komu (Kenya) ..................2:25:33 (’08)
    7. Svetlana Zakharova (Russia) ......2:21:31 (’02)
    8. Yoshimi Ozaki (Japan) ..................2:23:30 (’08)
    9. Hellen Kiprop (Kenya) ..................2:25:00 (’08)
    10. Atsede Bayisa (Ethiopia) ............2:24:42 (’09)

A great opportunity for Goucher, she could win this. That is, if Radcliffe isn't fully fit.

Comment

Originally posted by lapsus
      A great opportunity for Goucher, she could win this. That is, if Radcliffe isn't fully fit.
      Radcliffe would have to be in absolute shambles to lose this race (assuming she starts). Last year in NYC she was only just rounding back into form and still brought out the boomstick.
      A bit older, yes. A bit dinged up as well. But remember Radcliffe has a 10 min. cushion over Goucher to work with.

Comment

Front page is saying Radcliffe is a late entry into the NYC Half this weekend. Interesting.

Comment

Granted I don't know the course but I think if Paula runs 68-minutes, then she'll go (and win).
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

I LOVE PAULA
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

How much of a cushion did Radcliffe have when Goucher beat her in a half marathon?

Originally posted by K.I.R.

Radcliffe would have to be in absolute shambles to lose this race (assuming she starts). Last year in NYC she was only just rounding back into form and still brought out the boomstick.
              A bit older, yes. A bit dinged up as well. But remember Radcliffe has a 10 min. cushion over Goucher to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                I LOVE PAULA
                How can you not love the gutiest runner who ever lived? Hey mump, why are you following me everywhere?
                phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by ed gee
                  How much of a cushion did Radcliffe have when Goucher beat her in a half marathon?
                  Poor form having a go at a woman getting rid of the last of her baby weight.

If you're actually suggesting that Goucher, as successful as she has been, is on the same level as Radcliffe I have a small plastic cup I think you should piss in.

Comment

Radcliffe is no longer a 2:15 marathoner. Really doubt that she will ever break 2:20 again. There should be a couple of women in the race who can run low 2:2_ if conditions are good.

Comment

that has no relevance to anything it was 2 years ago and Paula was coming back from injury and having a baby. she hadn't run competetively in almost 2 years at the time !!!

last time they raced

2008 NYC Marathon

Paula Radcliffe (U.K.) 2hrs, 23mins 55secs (First place winner, )

Ludmila Petrova (Russia) won second in 2:25:43

Kara Goucher (USA) came in third in 2:25:52.
                      i deserve extra credit

Comment

Aside from all the other observations made (about it being Radcliffe's first race since injury and childbirth, etc), it should also be noted that the HM is (arguably) Goucher's best event, while the marathon is Paula's. How fast would Goucher run after long-term injury and childbirth?

In all the marathons Radcliffe has been fit for, she has won. Of course she'll slow down one day and others will start to catch her up. But a fully-fit Paula, at the moment, would still be competitive enough to win medals at major champs, maybe even gold.

Comment

Radcliffe comment re NYC half-marathon and Berlin plans/hopes:

"Recently, my training has started to go very well. I'm definitely ready to run a half-marathon, and the NYC Half-Marathon will give me important feedback about where I am ... After the race in New York, I will consult with my coaching and medical teams and we will make the final determination as to whether I am ready to run the marathon in Berlin. It is certainly my hope to compete there."

Complete article:
                          http://www.nyrr.org/races/2009/nychalf/story04.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po

"....as to whether I am ready to run the marathon in Berlin. It is certainly my hope to compete there."
                            Too bad we have to make our Fantasy picks before NY Half is run. I believe I will be leaving her off any of my teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics
                              Originally posted by Master Po

"....as to whether I am ready to run the marathon in Berlin. It is certainly my hope to compete there."
                              Too bad we have to make our Fantasy picks before NY Half is run. I believe I will be leaving her off any of my teams.
                              I just dont see the downside of running a half 2 weeks before Berlin, not 1 week?
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X