Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'09 WC 100H: Brigitte Foster-Hylton (Jamaica) 12.51

THE FORMCHART
    1. Sally McLellan (Australia) ...............12.50 (’09)
    2. Dawn Harper (USA) ............12.53/12.36w (’09)
    3. Delloreen Ennis-London (Jamaica) .12.50 (’07)
    4. Michelle Perry (USA) .......................12.43 (’05)
    5. Priscilla Lopes-Schliep (Canada) ..12.52 (’09)
    6. Damu Cherry (USA) .........................12.44 (’06)
    7. Brigitte Foster-Hylton (Jamaica) ....12.45 (’03)
    8. Ginnie Powell (USA) ........................12.45 (’07)
    9. Perdita Felicien (Canada)................12.46 (’04)
    10. Lucie Škrobáková (Czech Rep) ....12.73 (’09)

And you could take that list and shuffle it over and over again and not be wrong.

However again having a Canadian not make the final who clearly will(and has as good a shot for medal as anyone) is crazy.

:x

Why Ginnie Powell ahead of Felicien? :?

Comment

Easily the most wide open event of these WC's heck this whole '09 Season, anyone can win on any given night.

Suzanna Kallur of Sweden participating?

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
        And you could take that list and shuffle it over and over again and not be wrong.

However again having a Canadian not make the final who clearly will(and has as good a shot for medal as anyone) is crazy.

Well, she has run a faster time this year, is younger and coming back from injury so she has the better chance for improvement, has better flat speed and, in a couple of the big meets, has been in the lead or close when a mistake at the end of the race has cost her. These "mistakes" are rectified with race sharpness. So, that is why I would prefer her to Felicien.

Comment

Originally posted by Tvarish

Well, she has run a faster time this year, is younger and coming back from injury so she has the better chance for improvement, has better flat speed and, in a couple of the big meets, has been in the lead or close when a mistake at the end of the race has cost her. These "mistakes" are rectified with race sharpness. So, that is why I would prefer her to Felicien.
          Felicen LOVES the rounds and her experience is a positive as well.

Anything can happen in this event but I definitely feel it is Felcien who will make the final not Powell.

We shall see......

Comment

Originally posted by Tvarish
            Well, she has run a faster time this year
            By -0.10 seconds?

Comment

I'll hedge my bets on Harper!

Comment

dunno who will win, but i'm really looking forward to this race. I hope Sally wins though

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon18
                  dunno who will win, but i'm really looking forward to this race. I hope Sally wins though
                  Would this 100m h qualify as the most exciting 100m h ever?

Comment

For me it is, i haven't really been interested in the hurdles that much before. Plus i can only really remember major events since like 2000 - 2001 I'm guessing there were more exciting races for older guys/girls but i didn't get to see any of them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                      Originally posted by Gordon18
                      Would this 100m h qualify as the most exciting 100m h ever?
                      probably, IMO the only piece missing is lolo...

Comment

I only see 4 of those gals winning;
                        McLella, Harper, Lopes and/or Cherry. It will probably finish in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes
                          Suzanna Kallur of Sweden participating?
                          Barring a last-minute change of mind: No.

Comment

how tall is powell? she aLways looks taller than the rest of the women hurdlers. the problem with her is inconsistency. you can' never tell what she's gonna do on any given day.

Comment

this will be the closest race of the meet with possible 5 women within a tenth.
                              if harper had been more consistent i would think she would be the favorite, but she did not win many races leading into the olympics and still won.

Comment

Working...
                              X