X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 WC: w400 (prelims)

THE FORMCHART
    1. Sanya Richards (USA) .....................48.70 (’06)
    2. Shericka Williams (Jamaica) ..........49.69 (’08)
    3. Antonina Krivoshapka (Russia) .....49.29 (’09)
    4. Novlene Williams-Mills (Jamaica) ..49.53 (’06)
    5. Christine Ohuruogu (G Britain) ......49.61 (’07)
    6. Anastasiya Kapachinskaya (Rus) ..49.97 (’09)
    7. Amantle Montsho (Botswana) ...49.83(A) (’08)
    8. Lyudmila Litvinova (Russia) ...........50.27 (’09)
    9. Ami Mbacké Thiam (Senegal) .........49.86 (’01)
    10. Debbie Dunn (USA) .......................50.66 (’09)

Damocles' sword hangs over Sanya. Will she run out of gas in the final after looking so good in the rounds? Is her illness completely in remission?

Comment

If Richards loses this year it will have nothing to do with her body.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Sanya will crush the field, IMO.

Using her new strategy running the first 200m with the pack, she'll still be separating at the tape.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          You represent the consensus that thinks it's been a mental problem. I say it all begins with the physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            Originally posted by guru
            You represent the consensus that thinks it's been a mental problem.

That's not what I said.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

If Sanya remains patient with her race and keeps her current strategy CO will not reel her in, but should reel everyone else in to finish 2nd.

Comment

I think that Sanya lost the 2008 OG 400 because the "legging" on her left leg fell to her ankle -- possibly causing an imbalance that resulted in her "right hamstring grabbed on me" (T&FN 2008 Olympic Edition, p. 42). No criticism toward Nike intended. Kudos to Nike for trying a new idea and for being the leading supporter of our sport. Richards' eliminating a fast first 200 and the "leggings" should produce a win.
                none

Comment

No leggings this time. And she won't make the mistake of trying to eat up the staggers of the next 2 girls on the back straight. She'll slowly reel in the first girl, then at the far turn she'll try and separate herself from the others on her outside, if any are still within striking distance.

If someone comes ready to run under 49.23 (Krivoshapka, perhaps?), Sanya may have to fight for this thing on the homestretch.

If Sanya is smart, she'll run only as fast as she needs to run to get a good lane. I figure a 50.3 semi will be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                    I think that Sanya lost the 2008 OG 400 because the "legging" on her left leg fell to her ankle -- possibly causing an imbalance that resulted in her "right hamstring grabbed on me" (T&FN 2008 Olympic Edition, p. 42). No criticism toward Nike intended. Kudos to Nike for trying a new idea and for being the leading supporter of our sport. Richards' eliminating a fast first 200 and the "leggings" should produce a win.
                    Something tells me the legging had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Not sure how something that weighs next to nothing could cause an imbalance....it's not like she tripped on it...

Comment

That's just silly. And if it was true, then Sanya should know better because she got distracted in the heats of Osaka because a piece of jewellery fell off her.
                      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

I think thats an excuse.... SR just plain lost that race....

This year though, her new tactic seems good, sadly though a couple persons seemed to have up their game and found newfound confidence. I think people believe that they CAN actually beat her and with that knowledge they will be gunning for her. Anything can happen I think. I believe Sherieka has been playing posum ala SAF of last season. And the Russian... can't count out a 49.2x. The Big O, well, nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                          Sanya will crush the field, IMO.

Using her new strategy running the first 200m with the pack, she'll still be separating at the tape.
                          I have a feeling that she will go back to her old strategy of going out too fast, and as a result lose it in the straight.

1st Shericka
                          2nd Christine
                          3rd Sanya

One Love!
                          One Love!!!

Comment

I think that Sanya lost the 2008 OG 400 because the "legging" on her left leg fell to her ankle --
                            There are many ways to lose a race. Unnerved by a legging is one.

Falling into the long shadow of Christine Ohuruogu 40m from the finish line is another.

(Luckily that won't happen to SR this year.)

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                              That's just silly. And if it was true, then Sanya should know better because she got distracted in the heats of Osaka because a piece of jewellery fell off her.
                              She ran 200 and 4x400 at Osaka.
                              none

Comment

Working...
                              X