Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'09 WC w200: Allyson Felix (US) 22.02

THE FORMCHART
    1. Allyson Felix (USA) .........................21.81 (’07)
    2. Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jam) ...21.74 (’08)
    3. Debbie Ferguson McKenzie (Bah) .22.19 (’99)
    4. Marshevet Hooker (USA) ................22.34 (’08)
    5. Muna Lee (USA) ...............................22.01 (’08)
    6. Yuliya Gushchina (Russia) ..............22.53 (’05)
    7. Laverne Jones-Ferrette (Virgin Is) .22.46 (’09)
    8. Simone Facey (Jamaica) .................22.25 (’08)
    9. Emily Freeman (Great Britain)........22.72 (’08)
    10. Cyd. Mothersill-Modibo (Cayman I) 22.39 (’05)

Felix had one killer time, but I still think she's vulnerable here. It'll be tighter than most expect, I'm thinking.

Comment

With VCB doubling, Felix will win comfortably, IMO.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Debbie is doubling too...I think someone else may take the bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
          The CORVETTE!

IMO
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            Felix had one killer time, but I still think she's vulnerable here. It'll be tighter than most expect, I'm thinking.
            Agreed.

Comment

I see Muna getting a medal.

Comment

It should be interesting to watch how Veronica runs this race. She looked well in her win at Barcelona and was still having issues with her injury. The 100m should be a guage as to what type of form she's in and to me how she fares in that competition will definitely determine the VCB that runs. Now please don't get confused by my words, I'm not saying Veronica doesn't give her all when she runs, however, if she doesn't medal in the 100, I think there will be an even greater motivation on her part to win this title. We all saw how determined she was last year in Beijing, and this title is the only one that has eluded her. Felix looked great in her last run, pulling out that 21.78 (?) In favorable conditions was great. It shows she is ready to run and to defend her title. Her preparations this year has been questioned by many, however that run I think answered a lot of questions about her strategy and her level of fitness. Even after doubling, Ver is no pushover, and Felix is gonna have to run real good and smart to beat her. I think the first 100m is gonna be a very key factor in who wins this one. My pick for the bronze is gonna have to be either Muna or Marshavet (sp). The closest we've seen to form since trials for Muna has been that relay leg in Cottubus, however, if she's in form, Muna can pull one out of the bag. That's my take on this race, but my pick is gonna be for VCB.
                ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

I think these have an undetected phsychological game going on. Kind of possumish lay-lowish.

Comment

Debbie has ALWAYS doubled, since 1996. She was double finalist in Sydney, Edomnton, Manchester, Athens and Beijing. Medalling in Athens, winning in Edmonton and Manchester. I firmly believe it helps her 200m. I have everything crossed for a Storming run from Debs, in a NR. I know it's a ridiculous dream, but if there was some way she could win and actually experience standing on the top of the podium, I would be so thrilled.

I wonder if it would make a difference to her 200m if she skipped the 1, and if that would actually help her? Maybe she should try it?

Comment

I agree Debbie has always double but that being said, she did so last year and didn't medal.

I agree with you actually...were she to skip the 1 it would help her chances immensely IMO.

I just don't see her finishing finishing in the top 3 of the 200 if she runs the 100 as well. Her 8th round would be the finals of the 200 and at the level she'll be running in the semis and finals of the 100 and the semis of the 200 I just don't think she'll be "fresh" enough.

Comment

She has given some impressive chases against the top 4 this season in the 100m. I wouldn't totally rule her out of the medals in the 200m.

Comment

I'm not ruling her out.

But those were all 1 offs.

4 rounds of the 100 and then 3 rounds of the 200 before she's even in the finals is a tall order considering the level her competition is running at these days.

Comment

I'm not ruling her out.

But those were all 1 offs.

4 rounds of the 100 and then 3 rounds of the 200 before she's even in the finals is a tall order considering the level her competition is running at these days.
                            true and given her age, which is physically showing (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              With VCB doubling, Felix will win comfortably, IMO.
                              Unfortunately I have to agree with TRACK DADDY!! I would love to VCB win the 200 but it may be too much. Plus Felix is one of the prettiest 200 runners ever! (I am talking about technique).

Comment

Working...
                              X