Asafa out of Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asafa out of Worlds

BBC has just reported that JAA has pulled Asafa.

Womp.

Room for Yohan Blake or Daniel Bailey to get a medal, messes up the 4x100 Team's chance of breaking that 37.10 and going 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes
      Womp.

Room for Yohan Blake or Daniel Bailey to get a medal, messes up the 4x100 Team's chance of breaking that 37.10 and going 36.
      Which is ironic, because the former actually JUST failed a drugs test??? But, you know, he's fine to run. :? WHAT?

Comment

The report wasn't showing on the BBC athletics homepage for me, but here's a link to another report:
        http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9A1AT5O0

IAAF secretary general Pierre Weiss says Jamaica has asked to withdraw Asafa Powell, a former 100-meter world-record holder, and several teammates from the entry list for the world championships. Team manager Ian Forbes has previously identified the others as Shelly-Ann Fraser, Melaine Walker, Brigitte Foster-Hylton and Shericka Williams.

The request could be rescinded because the final entry list has to be with organizers 48 hours before the opening event. The worlds start Saturday.

Comment

There HAS to be more to this than they're letting on... Why the HELL would you pull 5 medal chances from a team for missing a training camp? This all stinks a bit to me...

Comment

Someone asked my why a 9.7 guy isnt running in the World Champs. I didnt have an answer, do you? :shock:
            phsstt!

Comment

please say this is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                Someone asked my why a 9.7 guy isnt running in the World Champs. I didnt have an answer, do you? :shock:

Now the pressure is on Franno, go to camp or stay home. A strong message must be sent to him and company, I hope it holds up.

One Love!
                One Love!!!

Comment

This is a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
                    There HAS to be more to this than they're letting on... Why the HELL would you pull 5 medal chances from a team for missing a training camp? This all stinks a bit to me...
                    The 'more' you're looking for is that the JAAA and the country have had enough of the MVP and their constant confrontational approach to the JAAA when it comes to representing Jamaica. Rules are rules and they should be followed. Trecia Smith was not at the camp but she sought and got permission to miss the camp. MVP's approach has always been one of resistance and I believe they took that bucket to the well just once too often.

I am sorry that the athletes are being punished for their coach's actions but a line had to be drawn. It is very unfortunate but I believe very necessary. if a clear message is to be sent that this foolishness has got to end somewhere.

Comment

I don't understand.

And that's rare.
                      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

The 'more' you're looking for is that the JAAA and the country have had enough of the MVP and their constant confrontational approach to the JAAA when it comes to representing Jamaica. Rules are rules and they should be followed. Trecia Smith was not at the camp but she sought and got permission to miss the camp. MVP's approach has always been one of resistance and I believe they took that bucket to the well just once too often.

I am sorry that the athletes are being punished for their coach's actions but a line had to be drawn. It is very unfortunate but I believe very necessary. if a clear message is to be sent that this foolishness has got to end somewhere.
                        As much as I would have wanted the best Jamaican team to be there I have to agree with the above ..... I'm however not putting all the fault on Franno the JAAA should have drawn the line long ago and not let it get to this point ..... I bet if this were the Olympics again which IMO is a grander meet than the WC they would do just like they did last year.

Comment

Okay what's the real reason Francis/MVP wont report to camp on time?

There are better facilities in JA than there are in Berlin?

Naw...that aint it.
                          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

I hope this is not true. I don't think Powell is a "Big Race" threat, but you never know. It's better when he's there.
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I live the sexism inthe media (and on here!) that denotes that Powell is the headliner on this story when it also involves two females who are reigning Olympic chamipons, one even in the same event!

Comment

Working...
                              X