• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a good start for Gay....

for a 400m

was he limping on the way out?

Comment

Looks like he's going easy at the start so he doesn't aggravate the groin. Smart. Save it for the final.

Comment

Originally posted by smithg
        that was a good start for Gay....

for a 400m

was he limping on the way out?
        I don't think he was limping... but he didnt look impressive 2 me.

Comment

remember the false start at USATF rattling him? I think we saw a bit of that just now. Not that he is a head case like Powell, but he definitely will run better if there is no FS in the final

Comment

I suspect this was a false start that wasn't fast enough to be caught (heat 10).
            8 5 743 Nooa Takooa KIR 11.74 (PB) 0.118

The fastest reaction time of the entire first round by someone with a new PB of 11.74?

Comment

Rodgers a good run.........start could be better....but he's through comfortably.

Comment

Mike Rodgers looked solid.

Comment

Amazing start by Tsukahara. Maybe he'll go sub 10 if he gets a start like that in one of the later rounds and pushes the whole way. I hope so. I would love to see track and field become more popular in the far east. I can't tell if his dramatic slowdown relative to the rest of the field at around the 50m mark was just him taking it easy cuz it was a heat and he knew he was way ahead of everyone or if he just has no top end speed/maintenence whatsoever. If it's the former he could run a pretty nice time for Japan me thinks. If it's the latter, then, not so much...

Comment

Originally posted by rainy.here
                    I suspect this was a false start that wasn't fast enough to be caught (heat 10).
                    8 5 743 Nooa Takooa KIR 11.74 (PB) 0.118

The fastest reaction time of the entire first round by someone with a new PB of 11.74?
                    Huh? Just because you are slow doesn't mean you can't have a great reaction time.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes
                      SMH @ Bailey not shaking Unger's hand when it was clearly out infront oof him after the race.
                      yes un sportsman like. :evil:

Comment

Man I hope everyone stays healthy because the 4x100 Relays could be a great Final top to bottom.

US
                        Jamaica
                        GBR
                        Trinidad
                        Nigeria
                        Japan
                        Italy
                        France
                        Bahamas
                        Poland

Comment

croflash -- sorry, but that is not the only thing unger said.
                          http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-engli ... -bolt.html

Comment

Originally posted by maroon
                            Damn he told how he REALLY felt...

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
                              Amazing start by Tsukahara. Maybe he'll go sub 10 if he gets a start like that in one of the later rounds and pushes the whole way. I hope so. I would love to see track and field become more popular in the far east. I can't tell if his dramatic slowdown relative to the rest of the field at around the 50m mark was just him taking it easy cuz it was a heat and he knew he was way ahead of everyone or if he just has no top end speed/maintenence whatsoever. If it's the former he could run a pretty nice time for Japan me thinks. If it's the latter, then, not so much...
                              In fact all the japanese runners have had bullet starts. I guess after studying Powell, they have devised a training plan mainly focused on the start.
                              Maybe its because they are short but they are out of the blocks faster than even Powell.

Comment

Originally posted by maroon
                                Well, BILD is a tabloid and it was a little overblown. Unger said in a live interview that he didn't accuse Bolt of doping, he just wanted the same anti-doping standards in every country.

Comment

Working...
                                X