Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who should we interview

me and flump are here in Berlin and were going to be doing some work for the IAAF, weve been asked to do some reports for the website talking to athletes, fans, volunteers etc were doing something at the JAM party and a report from the cultural exib

today we were asked who we would like to talk to. i said Marita koch and got a strange look (i think they were expecting Usain). so im throwing it out there who should i ask to talk to it could be athlete, commentator, official etc etc also what do you want us to ask. the whole point of this is that its from a fans perspective, so it can be the trivial kind of things that we have endless debates about, it can be about a race from 7 years ago that only we remember or why someone wore something, or basically anything we like but it has to be fun. im not interested in training sessions or anything technical we wont gossip

any suggestions for subjects or questions are welcome, well see what we can do

apologise for lack of punctuation im inthe media centre on german pc and cant find anything !!
    i deserve extra credit

Ask Marita Koch why German women are so slow these days. Their 4x1 relay team is slower than both West and East teams in 1972.

Comment

doh i think we can all work that out :shock:

not sure were gonna get marita i think they would prefer it was someone mode´rn theý can actually find
      i deserve extra credit

Comment

But surely Koch must be in Berlin for these champs. I, for one, would love to see an interview with her, or Marlies Gohr.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
          But surely Koch must be in Berlin for these champs. I, for one, would love to see an interview with her, or Marlies Gohr.
          According to several newspapers, she will be in the stadium on Tuesday, the day of the w400 final. Not sure if she got invited from the DLV, probably not. As far as I know, she never admitted to taking or getting PEDs.

Comment

How about Steffi Nerius and any other (more or less openly) GLB athlete?

Comment

Mump - thats a fantastic suggestion by Seeksreal - I would ask Nerius why she thinks there are so few openly gay athletes in T&F.

I'd talk to Christophe Lemaitre (despite his disappointment) about challenging the Americans and Jamaicans and trying to break 10.00.

I'd maybe ask Lamine Diack why he is thinking of going for another term?!

I see Frankie F is in the audience - he is hugely popular - would be good to know what his life involves know and how he enjoys the Powell-Gay-Bolt spectacle.

And there IS huge interest still in the old German stars, especially now the champs are in Berlin. It would be churlish to ask some of the Qs that have been suggested above, but it would be great toi find out a bit about their lives now, what they do, whether they follow T&F, how life became post unification etc.

Good luck!

Comment

Pick an injured pole vaulter and ask how their injury is feeling :P

Comment

I'd love to speak to all the old GDR stars but it's difficult without asking about a certain subject. This is not the time or place for that if you have some less controversial subjects let us know. Love to talk to frankie we were also thinking sanya (lots to ask her and she'll be easy to interview) and maybe Debbie ferguson. I'd like to talk to someone like chris williams and ask about when he was watching the screen instead of running the relay, khalid skah about controversial 10k in 92 etc etc but need to think of people who are here
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Matt1
                    I'd talk to Christophe Lemaitre (despite his disappointment) about challenging the Americans and Jamaicans and trying to break 10.00.
                    I like this suggestion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                      Originally posted by Matt1
                      I like this suggestion as well.
                      How about Valery Borszov (sp?). It would be interensting to get his perspective on chsnges in sprint training and competition since his day.

Comment

ask andrej tiwontschik how to stay in great shape after his career and how to be that relaxed as a coach watching his athletes.
                        for sure you will earn a big grin in first place.

greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by steve
                          How about Valery Borszov (sp?). It would be interensting to get his perspective on chsnges in sprint training and competition since his day.
                          But would Borzov be in attendance in Berlin?

Comment

Apparently Eunice Barber wants to go into acting and start her own fashion line so if you can find her, maybe ask her about that?
                            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Talk to Andreas!

Ask him what it feels like to be the most handsome man on the planet!

Comment

Working...
                              X