Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know if gh is doing PA at Berlin?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody know if gh is doing PA at Berlin?

    Still have fond memories of the work done by gh and Bob H at Atlanta, in the OTs and OGs.

  • #2
    Re: Anybody know if gh is doing PA at Berlin?

    Originally posted by BillVol
    Still have fond memories of the work done by gh and Bob H at Atlanta, in the OTs and OGs.
    How dare you suggest that gh is doing Piss-All at Berlin...

    Comment


    • #3
      Wait sorry for the question I only started recently posting on here but what does gh do? I know he's in Berlin currently and always posts inside info from meets.

      Comment


      • #4
        fyi - GH is the long-time editor of TFN who many love and only a few loathe. He is the hammer of the board when need be and one of the US announcing triumverate that also includes the commish Bob Hersh and the publisher of USA Track's media annual Scott Davis.

        Comment


        • #5
          What's this about the '96 Games? was he the PA Announcer introducing the athletes? If so 8-) got to go back to my tapes on the 1996 Olympics and watch after these WC's.

          Comment


          • #6
            gh is doing about 60% of the English in the stadium in Berlin. Although after being forced to do this at the Brandenburg Gate this morning, perhaps I'll retire:

            María Hatzipanayiotídou

            (not easy to get that sixth-syllable emphasis right!)

            Comment


            • #7
              I had a nasty and persistent case of Hatzipanayiotídou and it cleared right up with some ampicillin... :lol:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by westcoasttiger
                fyi - GH is the long-time editor of TFN who many love and only a few loathe. He is the hammer of the board when need be and one of the US announcing triumverate that also includes the commish Bob Hersh and the publisher of USA Track's media annual Scott Davis.
                Except that Bob Hersh has recently retired from announcing to the dismay of many of us.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sure hope that wasn't gh that announced Pyrek as the BRONZE medalist at the pole vault medal ceremony(later corrected).
                  "We can't all be runners because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." - Will Rogers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by klass klown
                    Sure hope that wasn't gh that announced Pyrek as the BRONZE medalist at the pole vault medal ceremony(later corrected).
                    I heard tonight that it was gh who quickly let them know they screwed up

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by klass klown
                      Sure hope that wasn't gh that announced Pyrek as the BRONZE medalist at the pole vault medal ceremony(later corrected).
                      I heard tonight that it was gh who quickly let them know they screwed up

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        [quote=Walt Murphy]
                        Originally posted by "klass klown":2g6ons94
                        Sure hope that wasn't gh that announced Pyrek as the BRONZE medalist at the pole vault medal ceremony(later corrected).
                        I heard tonight that it was gh who quickly let them know they screwed up[/quote:2g6ons94]


                        Good to know. He would have NEVER lived that one down.
                        "We can't all be runners because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." - Will Rogers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's OK, I had an open-mike glitch early (thank god) yesterday morning that could have turned into a hanging offense.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gh
                            That's OK, I had an open-mike glitch early (thank god) yesterday morning that could have turned into a hanging offense.
                            Did you mention the war?

                            [sorry, linking to pirate video not acceptable]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gh
                              That's OK, I had an open-mike glitch early (thank god) yesterday morning that could have turned into a hanging offense.
                              Yes, I guess referring to Doc Patton as the "feisty General who led us to victory" wouldn't exactly go down well there.... :wink:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X