• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldrick
    Originally posted by 3
    Originally posted by eldrick
    actually

considering wind, rt & messing about in peking finish, i think this 9.58 was fractionally inferior to that by 0.01 - 0.02s
    Mr. "eldrick", you stand alone in the cold on this one.
    do the numbercrunching...
    number crunching is as good as a sack of shit.
    how about the difference of Beijing track which was super fast (equal to atlanta) vs. the berlin track which by comments is not quite so fast.

Wind doesnt mean shit, it isnt consistent... has a different effect on everyone and every race, so take your basic times bullcrap elsewhere

Comment

• Some amazing reaction times in the race too...Burns the only one slower than 0.150

Comment

• Congrats to Tyson! He is still the best in the US!

Comment

• Originally posted by croflash
          While the bronze medal should be considered a success, I don't agree that the time necessarily can. He ran 9.95 (0.0) in Beijing last year, this time 9.84 (0.9) which is considerably better, but still clearly off his PB and peak performance.
          Well said and totally agree. He's getting better at big pressure Meets. However even tying his PB would have relegated him to 3rd so I don't consider his place a disappointment.

I beleive Bolt AND Gay delivered WAY MORE THAN we could imagine!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
            Ok, so how long before we get the disgruntled former runners and haters a like chiming in on the legitimacy of his performance? Some will enjoy, others will question. I'm gonna enjoy this one for a long time to come.......
            Well Frankie Fredericks was there....lets see what the comments are tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Originally posted by dakota
              I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
              Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
              If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.

Comment

• Hopefully someone can get some high technology applied to this race and we can see worthwhile splits etc.

I do find Tyson Gay one of the most impressive sprinters ever: the way he can just floor it in the second half of the race ~ it is plainly exceptional! I expect the latter splits for Gay an Bolt will be equal. However overall Bolt is simply out of reach for Gay!

Comment

• Also kudos to Burns for being the only athlete to reach the last four major finals.

Comment

• USATF's Jill Geer has already blogged about Tyson's role in this momentous moment:

https://www.usatf.org/about/leadership/ ... ecordBlog/

K E N
                    K E N

Comment

• Yeah Asafa was Hobbling all over the place. he was injured in the semis..

BUT THERE IS ALOT OF CROW EATING TO DO NOW!!

ASAFA MEDALS I am proud!! but I

TYSON GAY 9.71 +0.9w GREAT RUN.. I AM TRULLY IMPRESSED HE GOT OUT GOOD.

ELDERIK.... THat is a 9.75 basic.... AND I said TG was only capable of 9.76 basic... SO I guess you and I I was close..but I was closer!!

but BOLT!!

9.58!!!

Comment

• Big three all ran their best. Head and shoulders above the rest of the field. Everyone should appreciate their efforts. It was a thrill to watch history in the making. Can Bolt go 9.4s?

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
                          Originally posted by Speedfirst
                          Originally posted by dakota
                          I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
                          Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
                          If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.
                          Here we go again....who said Tyson is on a 9.5 level? Now you wanna speculate what he might have run :roll:

While you're at it, why not try and rip a hole in his 9.71, cuz remember Tyson just a basic 9.84 guy :shock:
                          on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes
                            Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                            Ok, so how long before we get the disgruntled former runners and haters a like chiming in on the legitimacy of his performance? Some will enjoy, others will question. I'm gonna enjoy this one for a long time to come.......
                            Well Frankie Fredericks was there....lets see what the comments are tomorrow.
                            FRankie? Did you not see who Chambers was laughing and shaking hands with post race? Maurice, Donovan and I also spotted Boldon. They were all owned by that run, their careers completely undermined by a man who runs 9'58 and says, everyone else past, present and future has NOTHING on me.

Comment

• Imagine bolt missed some training because of his accident,and run 9.58

What if........ :lol: :lol:

would we have seen 8. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

• Great to see Powell finally medal.. So happy for him.

However i am damn sure he was easing up at the end again

Lets hope this sorts his head out a little further.

I wonder whether the early season injury helped him or hindered him this year

Comment

Working...
                                X